RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Check out the latest video from Venus Theory, he explores the new Granular Synthesis insert and shows how to quickly build pads / textures by importing recorded instruments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Q8a5zrxe4

I have a very specific question. I keep seeing that in preset browser some people have folders with preset expansion and the word "demo" in it. Does it mean that you provide some demo presets from each expansion with the factory presets or what's up with that?

I bought the expansion "Electronic Energy" at release and also have the demo of that expansion in my browser "Electronic Energy Demo", but I don't remember, how I got the demo? :D

clipnotic wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:56 pm I bought the expansion "Electronic Energy" at release and also have the demo of that expansion in my browser "Electronic Energy Demo", but I don't remember, how I got the demo? :D
what's in the demo?

There are 15 sounds from the full expansion

I wonder if they are availaible only for expansion owners or not.

I will look tomorrow in my software archive, if that was a seperate file

ab_sourd wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:50 pm I have a very specific question. I keep seeing that in preset browser some people have folders with preset expansion and the word "demo" in it. Does it mean that you provide some demo presets from each expansion with the factory presets or what's up with that?
Every XT has a Demo Showcase video on youtube. As bonus, some of the melodies and bassline compositions are offered as additional presets. They use the same presets but with an imported MIDI sequence from the demo.

Example: The Vintage Sol demo presets.

demo-presets.png
demo-presets2.png

01 Liquidmetal contains the melody you hear around 0:21
https://youtu.be/whjno9jaYzQ?t=21
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for clarification!

Ok I have now seen at least two videos with Rapid 1.8.0.2.
Is this a special version for sound designers?
Is this in beta and we will get it soon?

Just joined the Parawave family, how do we know when there is an incremental update?

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:00 pm Ok I have now seen at least two videos with Rapid 1.8.0.2.

Just joined the Parawave family, how do we know when there is an incremental update?

thanks
rsp
Maybe and hopefully they will respond to you. I made two recent posts in this thread for help with a purchase under the discount. I got crickets from Parawave. I am not impressed with the most basic of support from Parawave. My allocated funds have now been spent on Steinberg’s Hybrid Bundle and Synapse Audio’s OBsession.

Ok...... the truth though is they have a support channel (email.....which I have gotten responses too... this wasn't time critical)

Were your questions perchance about VAT? Those get ignored for years now :).

rsp

edit: just saw your last two questions..
Odd that the first one was not responded to.
To the second one, the website currently shows the already discounted price.
rsp
sound sculptist

HTT wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:09 am
zvenx wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:00 pm Ok I have now seen at least two videos with Rapid 1.8.0.2.

thanks
rsp
Maybe and hopefully they will respond to you. I made two recent posts in this thread for help with a purchase under the discount. I got crickets from Parawave. I am not impressed with the most basic of support from Parawave. My allocated funds have now been spent on Steinberg’s Hybrid Bundle and Synapse Audio’s OBsession.
1 zvenx) The release version is 1.8.0.2, there never was an 1.8.0.1 or 1.8.0.0 publically available.
Usually they post here when there is a new version. Also on Facebook they posted updates afair, but often there are no minor versions as they test Rapid pretty well and there are no bugs that I've found.

2 HTT) This forum is no official support. There's no obligation for them to answer here. If you want your question answered, there is no way but to go through the official channels as mentioned by zvenx. I guess that's similar with Steinberg and the others. This here is just a thread in a public forum where we can be happy the developers post from time to time.

dermage wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:27 am 1 zvenx) The release version is 1.8.0.2, there never was an 1.8.0.1 or 1.8.0.0 publically available.
Usually they post here when there is a new version. Also on Facebook they posted updates afair, but often there are no minor versions as they test Rapid pretty well and there are no bugs that I've found.

2 HTT) This forum is no official support. There's no obligation for them to answer here. If you want your question answered, there is no way but to go through the official channels as mentioned by zvenx. I guess that's similar with Steinberg and the others. This here is just a thread in a public forum where we can be happy the developers post from time to time.
Ad1) Probably because it's rapid development :D
Ad2) I didn't get my answer from them either.

I find it useful to contact product support before purchase to see how effective they are, especially when you can't resell it aftwerwards.

dermage wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:27 am

1 zvenx) The release version is 1.8.0.2, there never was an 1.8.0.1 or 1.8.0.0 publically available.

Thanks.
I see what it is.
The Mac shows 1.8.0.0, the PC shows 1.8.0.2 and the two videos were using PC's.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”