Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

But when you install v2 it always reinstalls the banks AFAIK ?

OK so rename the 1.5 banks then.

Now why didn't I think of that :tu:

Yeager wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:41 pm Hi George, AFAIK the presets from 1.5 are working with v2 , but the v2 presets are not with v1.5,
Oooh, so that's the deal with the preset banks, so we can still use the old obxd banks and presets in the new version of OBXD - just not the other way round ?

Hi DiscoDSP, thanks for your continuous work on this!

I just downloaded the v2.1 release and I have a comment (not necessary a problem) about the default theme. Im using Windows scaling at 150% and the labels look blurry (knobs are blurry as well, buttons look sharp to me). However main@2x.png looks sharp, so i'm guessing is related to the downscaling algorithm? Anyway, if this helps I'm attaching a comparison between the actual GUI inside FL Studio and the PNG (downscaled by the native W10 image viewer, I just adjusted the width of the app until it was close to the GUI inside de DAW).

Again, this is not a complaint, just posting how it looks on my end.
ob-xd_150_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gabriel Garcia wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:22 pm labels look blurry (knobs are blurry as well, buttons look sharp to me). However main@2x.png looks sharp,
This is correct, the new windows version is now upscaling the lowres image , the previous build was downscaling the Hires image, George decided to do it like this :(

I also think it was better before, but HiDPI scaling forcing option is supposed to happen.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:56 pm I also think it was better before, but HiDPI scaling forcing option is supposed to happen.
:hyper: :tu:

Yeager wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:48 pm
Gabriel Garcia wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:22 pm labels look blurry (knobs are blurry as well, buttons look sharp to me). However main@2x.png looks sharp,
This is correct, the new windows version is now upscaling the lowres image , the previous build was downscaling the Hires image, George decided to do it like this :(
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this approach either, but it's how it's **supposed** to work. The prior versions were technically broken. Someone managed to convince George there were less artifacts this way. Disagree. :lol:

If a "Force HiDPI" option is added, you'll have the option of going back to the old way.

What is the status? Free or now commercial ?
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

ZXOxo67 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:45 pm What is the status? Free or now commercial ?
Still free. You have the option to pay if you'd like. Just go to the page and click the download links.

I wish we could convince ENV1 to make a skin for OBXd.

I'll pass on this update since I only edited the 2x image.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You can easily convert it to half the size tho :D

I could but how would it look with up-scaling the small compared to down-scaling the large ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Depends on the algorithm used. Lanczos got your back. What's your OS scaling set to, tho?

Return to “Instruments”