Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

_All that HiDPI nonsense.. people moan and moan because they buy TVs to use as computer screens. And they are like what? 2%? Like really.. no one cares.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:30 pm Depends on the algorithm used. Lanczos got your back. What's your OS scaling set to, tho?

I just re-sized my edited 2x image to main, installed the update and it looks fine or as before.

I'd still love to see an ENV1 theme since I really like his style.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sindikhate wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:43 pm _All that HiDPI nonsense.. people moan and moan because they buy TVs to use as computer screens. And they are like what? 2%? Like really.. no one cares.
Well, no, it's not just that. There's Mac, there's Microsoft Surface, they are all HiDPI. It's definitely the future, and devs should support it, no question about that.

For MAC for sure.. but not so many people use surface etc.

The thing is when they "fix"/update something for HiDpi it breaks/ruins it for the rest.

Maybe catering for both by having two different versions would be best the way to go? Not talking just about OBXD here.

Sindikhate wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:19 pmThe thing is when they "fix"/update something for HiDpi it breaks/ruins it for the rest.
Not really, no.
Sindikhate wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:19 pmMaybe catering for both by having two different versions would be best the way to go? Not talking just about OBXD here.
That is a huge hassle from maintenance point of view, so, better not do stuff like that, regardless of product.

Well yes. Many things I use look worse after they worked on them for HidPI (Cubase for example).

Cubase always looked like a turd IMHO :)

But you're misplacing your blame on HiDPI. You should blame it on the designers who did the redesign instead.

v2.1 VST3 versions are clashing in Ableton Live - the plugin browser shows 2 distinct plugins (Datsounds -> OB-Xd and DiscoDSP -> OB-Xd) but they both load v1.5.

Also, VST3 presets that were saved using v1.5 (Datsounds category) are showing up also as presets for the DiscoDSP category plugin.

When using AU in Live, it works correctly (Datsounds = v1.5, DiscoDSP = v2.1)

Is Spread supposed to work when Unison isn't activated ? Not complaining as it sounds good just curious.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No, Spread is related to Unison AFAIK. It's just voice detuning for unison.

Yeager wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:48 pm
Gabriel Garcia wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:22 pm labels look blurry (knobs are blurry as well, buttons look sharp to me). However main@2x.png looks sharp,
This is correct, the new windows version is now upscaling the lowres image , the previous build was downscaling the Hires image, George decided to do it like this :(
Thanks, I must have missed that change.
Anyway, as long as it keeps sounding good, I don't care so much about the sharpness of the GUI, I'm happy with the fact that we can use it on bigger screens.
So thanks again DiscoDSP for this gem!

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:17 am No, Spread is related to Unison AFAIK. It's just voice detuning for unison.
That's what I thought. But try the Spread Knob at full when Unison is inactive.

Definitely makes a difference here but like I said it sounds good. Almost like Unison is still active but clicking the U button does change the sound a great deal.

"Spread" seems to act like a "tuning slop" parameter when Unison is off. Try this:

1. Bring down the Mix of OSC2 to 0 so only OSC1 is audible
2. Play multiple notes/voices
3. Increase the spread knob

Result: the voices become and more detuned from each other, even with just a single osc. That indicates each voice is being detuned similar to how you can detune each voice in OBsession (just with less control here) or the actual hardware by manipulating the tuning on the voice cards.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:25 am
klinik wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:07 pm discoDSP Is the iOS update coming soon??
Hope so. What are you looking forward in the next update?
2.0 features and skins and a preset saving/loading, banks....

Return to “Instruments”