PA NEOLD V76U73

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Calenberger wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:37 pm 129$ for another compressor?
That's exciting!
I USED to agree. Not anymore. There's so much different flavour in compressors... only plugins I will have more of is distortion.

I think Calenberger was being sarcastic.

rsp
sound sculptist

ariston wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:01 pm
That's exciting!
In an coupla months, that "1" will disappear. :party:
I can have it for $24 right from the start which is very cool from PA.
It's a combination of a tube preamp and comp not just another comp btw.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:17 pm
ariston wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:01 pm
That's exciting!
In an coupla months, that "1" will disappear. :party:
I can have it for $24 right from the start which is very cool from PA.
It's a combination of a tube preamp and comp not just another comp btw.
Both of the Fuses are actually in about that price range, when being on sale & well worth it. Actually for that price, I would just grab it, right away.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:23 pm Both of the Fuses are actually in about that price range, when being on sale & well worth it. Actually for that price, I would just grab it, right away.
Over at GS Reimund stated that they sound significantly different then this.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:30 pm
El°HYM wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:23 pm Both of the Fuses are actually in about that price range, when being on sale & well worth it. Actually for that price, I would just grab it, right away.
Over at GS Reimund stated that they sound significantly different then this.
They do.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

So I have the Audified and the Slate ones (the same), the Arturia one and the Fuse ones... they all sound fine, truly. I actually quite like all of them. I guess I'll wait to buy this one for $8 here at the forum.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2iuhEYCCLU

We took a 30 minute look at Neold V76U73 and it's superb!

about this strange 3k softening filter, I think this is obviously for a news speaker or DJ, and goes back to typical broadcast sounds in the AM radio era.

Love the "designed by" (3 different people)-blurb, considering it obviously seeks to be an authentic emulation of an old hardware classic... :lol: :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

:D :D :D

jens wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:34 pm Love the "designed by" (3 different people)-blurb, considering it obviously seeks to be an authentic emulation of an old hardware classic... :lol: :hihi:
Well, I'm not involved in creating any of the marketing content, but to some extent Tom discusses why this is a little more than just a straight emulation of the TAB V76, U73b and U70a modules patched together in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG4x0L9OSvk

We put a fair amount of work and consideration into providing straightforward usability and a feature set expected for modern day DAW application while still staying true to the originals - which are really special units in many ways - I think it's okay and accurate to call this process "the design of a plugin".

Hope that helps.

Best,
Ray

jens wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:34 pm Love the "designed by" (3 different people)-blurb, considering it obviously seeks to be an authentic emulation of an old hardware classic... :lol: :hihi:
What's wrong with the term "designed"? It's an emulation they have designed with a concept, coding, testing, improvments + adaptions and whatsoever. There is a bit more of work to do on this level then to put together some dsp code. It's a complex subject and to say it's designed is nothing else but true imo.

Is the company name pronounced "knee-old?" Or "N-E-Old" like "any old?"

Yeah, pretty sure it takes three guys to come up with a mix knob and what not... :lol: :clown:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”