Trance take 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

So this is trance take 2 hopefully with some of the previous comments from a number of you on the last posting (using full spectrum, compression etc) taken on board. I imagine the mixing is still some way off but keen again on the feedback so can keep adjusting moving forward as still early days :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-268039771/july

Some good bits.
Although you need some beef in the lower end (kick/bass)

Thank you. Had others say something similar. Any suggestions/tips to do this?

good stuff for aerobic excersize. arrangement needs a little work.
some elements go for too long others not long enough.
mix was ok for my small speakers on this end.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hi all. So another shot at some Trance, hopefully things heading in the right direction. Appreciate any feedback. Mixing as many pointed out previously not great so any hints tips on improvements or fundamental changes would be appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/user-268039771/oumuamua-arrival

like the soundset, bass and kick sound nice and undistorted, well balanced with the other sounds.
i like the breaks. the arps sit well in the song but i would alternate them with another pattern every 8 bars or so to avoid monotony. and lastly maybe a lead melody that has a hook. i like the glide stabs
but they are not really melodic. keep it up!

layzer wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:39 pm like the soundset, bass and kick sound nice and undistorted, well balanced with the other sounds.
i like the breaks. the arps sit well in the song but i would alternate them with another pattern every 8 bars or so to avoid monotony. and lastly maybe a lead melody that has a hook. i like the glide stabs
Much appreciated. The lead melody element and how to tie with other elements is proving tricky. No musical background what so ever so this part is going to be the most difficult especially given I favour trance 😁

Wrigs21 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:51 am Thank you. Had others say something similar. Any suggestions/tips to do this?
I listened to the first song, the bass sounds fine to me but the kick is indeed a little too weak in my opinion. Of course there are no real rules, do whatever sounds best to you but I think i bigger and deeper kick would ground it more and give it more feeling. I really liked the song in the top post in this thread. I haven't listened to the other one yet. I am not sure how long you been doing this for but I really think if you keep at it you will be making some amazing songs down the road.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Wrigs21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:55 pm
layzer wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:39 pm like the soundset, bass and kick sound nice and undistorted, well balanced with the other sounds.
Much appreciated. The lead melody element and how to tie with other elements is proving tricky. No musical background what so ever so this part is going to be the most difficult especially given I favour trance 😁
well, even trance benefits from a good hooky melody... ever heard
the piano riff in the iconic trance song by Robert Miles - Children?
infectious AF. :phones:

Return to “Music Cafe”