PA NEOLD V76U73

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The added program-dependency on the comp is a nice touch though...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

@Ray

Could you elaborate a bit on how aliasing & oversampling is handled in the plugin, there nothing to find about this on the site, or in the manual. Thank you.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:05 pm @Ray

Could you elaborate a bit on how aliasing & oversampling is handled in the plugin, there nothing to find about this on the site, or in the manual. Thank you.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=20
Ray wrote: Thanks for your message. It does have oversampling, though; to be precise, the os is auto-adjusted to match your session’s sample rate so internally the signal is always processed at >176.4k, which is a tradeoff to tackle aliasing artifacts enough while still maintaining a moderate CPU load.
He's got a great explanation of how the modeling process works on page 2 of that same thread.

:tu: ...interesting stuff!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:55 pm Is the company name pronounced "knee-old?" Or "N-E-Old" like "any old?"
I read it as Neo-L-D, but it might just be that it is meant to be “NEW-OLD”.

Or maybe "any old"

Or maybe PA are having a laugh and it's "New Expensive Overpriced Low-quality Device" ;)

I actually pronounce it "KNEOLD" with the non-silent K like in "Knifonium"

There it is again: the discussion of K

It’s spelt ‘Raymond Luxury Yacht’ but is pronounced ‘Throatwobbler Mangrove’.

has anyone compared it to the Audified U73b? i think i will wait and demo it when it goes on sale. i am more than happy with the Audified emulation at this time.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

El°HYM wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:50 am You can easily spot Reimunds way of esthetics with this one. Looks interesting and mos definitely very worth to check out. Might wait a little bit for a cheaper sale, though.
You mean aesthetics? This literally just looks like the modules its based on. Fuse has also done plugins based on Telefunken modules but they were not as pretty as this.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:36 pm
El°HYM wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:50 am You can easily spot Reimunds way of esthetics with this one. Looks interesting and mos definitely very worth to check out. Might wait a little bit for a cheaper sale, though.
You mean aesthetics? This literally just looks like the modules its based on. Fuse has also done plugins based on Telefunken modules but they were not as pretty as this.
This could actually be true.

A question to those who used this plugin: does bypassing the compressor module also defeats the makeup gain control?

Yes, compressor bypass disables makeup gain.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... manual.pdf

Thank you, db3.

Return to “Effects”