Keyscape or more synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Keyscape - Collector Keyboards

I make EDM but I've recently been playing piano a lot to improve my songwriting, so I've been interested in buying Keyscape. However it doesn't really fit the genre of what I make and it would mostly just be solely for practicing piano.

Alternatively I've been looking into buying another synth or two to help with inspiration for creating sounds. I'm interested in Repro, Hive, Legend, and Tal-u-no-lx. (I've demo'd all of them and they sound amazing)

Which would you suggest?

Why not either Komplete or V Collection. Both come with pianos and lots of good synths.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I own Komplete actually, however I'm not a huge fan of the pianos I've tried. I've used Alicia's keys for a while and it lacks a lot of air in my opinion. I definitely have enough synths and pianos, but I'm looking to find more I guess. (I'm sure the same applies for most people on this forum)

AveryW wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:17 am I own Komplete actually, however I'm not a huge fan of the pianos I've tried. I've used Alicia's keys for a while and it lacks a lot of air in my opinion. I definitely have enough synths and pianos, but I'm looking to find more I guess. (I'm sure the same applies for most people on this forum)
Oh, in that case, get it all. Everything. That way you won’t miss out on anything. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

If it's only for practicing the piano, why not go for a (good sounding?) free one, like for instance Piano One?

http://www.supremepiano.com/index.html?piano1.html

korg m1 and triton have cool pianos.

Well, what are you using right now, and what exactly don’t they offer that you want?

You're in danger of buying lots of piano libraries to find The One when you could probably tweak what you already have to what you want. The Yamaha C7 in Keyscape is quite dark out of the box and not that far in tone from the C3 in Alicia's Keys (the only C7 that isn't seems to be the one in Sampletank 4 but that seems to have been EQed for "studio use"). It's easier to get a brighter, airier tone out of the The Grandeur without external EQ. Also, pianos in Komplete like the The Grandeur are pretty tweakable in terms of sound and dynamic range. An advantage of Keyscape is that it gives you a bit more control over the velocity response. However, it's rare that you can't alter the keyboard's own response and that of a sampled instrument that has a few preset curves to get close to ideal.

Very often, people complain about the tone of individual pianos but don't play around with the velocity response and other settings that make the small but important differences to playability and get them to respond well to different MIDI keyboards.

get pianoteq 'stage' - relatively low cost, zero disk footprint and sounds better than most sample libs

I really like imperfect and therefore more real sounding pianos.
If you have full Kontakt or a similar sampler you can load the samples into check out the free download libraries on the Pianobook site.
https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/category/pianos/

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Moar synths! :wheee:

ya gotsta get da piano to sound right! layer dem with others and shit like dat, process dem more. dats what edm producers do! if ya dont like komplete pianos, chances are its what your doin' in da mixing. you dig? 8)

I heard this has a great piano sound:

:D

Maybe try Arturia's Analog Lab. You can't tweek the settings a whole lot but you get tons of sounds.

Return to “Instruments”