32%
Chum Barrel.
7%

Total votes: 134

RELATED
PRODUCTS

These have Bundle Pricing.
And run on both Mac and Windows.

Pick one.You can change your pick at any time.
Discuss as you will.

U-he if you want to focus more on excellent synthesis and get some excellent effects thrown in, Komplete if you want a little bit of everything, including a butt load of samples.

Komplete if you don’t already have Kontakt, and aren’t planning to otherwise buy it at some point.

But this is so subjective. Personally, I use Kontakt a lot. YMMV.

And in general, I’m just not a fan of “bundles” like these. Have never bought one, probably never will.

edit: Fully expecting U-He to poll extremely well on here. ;) Forum favourite, it would seem.

Korg because Korg.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

My vote went to u-he for sheer quality, constant free improvements to even older plugins and awesome upgrade paths. Also the service and passion overall. Runner up is Komplete for its variety. Updating the UI of some of the older synths like FM8 or Absynth would go a long way though. Third goes to Arturia for the vintage modelling fun and because it can be had for $200 during some sales.

Nothing, because from the most of them I had many stuff, but don't use it anymore, except sometimes the Korg Triton VST and Kontakt for one library, because I didn't find an alternative yet. The problem with almost every bundle for me is, that I pay and get stuff, I don't need.

1st post. Just registered. I bought and sold all those. Don't know why, but the word chum got me going.

chum2 - 1. cut or ground bait dumped into the water to attract fish. 2. fish refuse or scraps discarded by a cannery. 3. to attract fish with chum. 4. to attract with chum.

Brain sorting what plugins those are.
Free? Demo?

I would opt for a bundle of joy. But none of the options above, I don't want so much crap on my hard drive. Bundles are like albums, there are one or two good songs, and the rest is filler.
The whole idea that one needs zillions of plugins is absurd, learn 2 or 3 inside out, that's more efficient. And cheaper, even if bundles seem like a bargain at first.

aanano wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:03 am 1st post. Just registered. I bought and sold all those. Don't know why, but the word chum got me going.

chum2 - 1. cut or ground bait dumped into the water to attract fish. 2. fish refuse or scraps discarded by a cannery. 3. to attract fish with chum. 4. to attract with chum.

Brain sorting what plugins those are.
Free? Demo?
fish in polls. kvr rule.
welcome aboard.

Thx. Got some fresh downloads of the free uhe stuff and cantabile lite. Got really good layers using Podolski, Zebralette & Triple Cheese. Chum. The stuff baiting us to buy more.

I was between u-he and Arturia, but in the end I voted Arturia because of the digital emulations. I like RePro, Diva and ACE more than Arturia's analogue emulations, but weighing all after all, I think I need CZ V, DX 7 V, Synclavier V and CMI V more than Bazille.

Well, I don't need to choose really as I already have Diva, RePro, Bazille and ACE. I don't have Zebra and Hive though, but I have other synths from another developers (SA, Sugar Bytes, Tone 2, AAS plugins in Ableton,...etc) that can fill the gap (if any)!

No need for NI or Korg at all for me. I avoid such companies with shit support.

This list needs Roland Cloud Ultimate
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Of those listed, I've got Komplete, Absolute, V Collection, and AAS Modeling collection (not Integral).

Here's how they sit with me.
Absolute - I probably could have just gotten Halion, but I sometimes use Retrologue, Padshop, and Skylab too. Not so much the rest of it.
V Collection - I would have been OK with just Matrix 12V and Synclavier V, but some of the others are fun to goof around with sometimes.
Komplete - I use Battery and Guitar Rig, sometimes Absynth and FM8, and I like their included fx.
AAS - I mostly just use Chromaphone.

Overall, I use a tiny bit of the whole packages, but they're there if I want it.
I buy them when they're on sale and the pricing makes it about even to get the whole bundle instead of the couple things I might want from a bundle.
Last edited by felis on Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamcat wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:17 pm This list needs Roland Cloud Ultimate
No it doesn't.
Roland Cloud has no Bundle price for those "lifetime licenses". And Ultimate is a subscription service.
But I knew there were two groups that would feel left out. The other could be coming soon now. :wink:

Komplete is the bestest. It's even bester than the bestest other bundles. That's how best it is.

Why though? :P

Return to “Instruments”