Steinberg SpectraLayers 7 out now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:30 pm I bought the Samplitude Pro X5 Suite upgrade from Thomann.
Magix sent me the serial numbers of CoreFX, Sounf Forge 13 and Sl6.
Now I am running SL7.
But it seem to me that my SL6 eLisencer activation number give me SL7.
Will I then get a SL7 serial number?
Will find out on the 17th.
Okay, Im a bit confused here. So you're saying your SL6 authorisation works for SL7?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^^^
I had read this in another forum and it worked for me also.
I have a eLicenser dongle.
I used the SL6 number and got SL7.
In my case it was SL Pro.
I am stating what I did.

I have Cubase 10.5 and not activated yet.
In Nov. when Cubase 11 is released I will activate Cubase 10.5 and get 11 for free.
this is how Steinberg does things.
With all their products? I do not know.

And the number you used was the activation code in the magix email? Sounds like it activated the 'current' version, which, as of that date, was SL7.
Anyways, looks like I'll get a new activation code in a week.

And remember you rascals - make a backup first; so's you can quickly get back to a known state, if things should go a bit Pete Tong...

(anybody still use that these days..?! just me.? Oh well, I'm over 50, is my excuse..! :) 8) :hihi: )

PS:- noticing the developer has been busy fixing up a lot of stuff for this patch due on Wednesday...
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Some update: the first patch is ready but now needs to go through the web publication pipeline, so it'll likely be available end of this week or beginning of next week.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:08 pm And the number you used was the activation code in the magix email? Sounds like it activated the 'current' version, which, as of that date, was SL7.
Anyways, looks like I'll get a new activation code in a week.
I got it yesterday. :?

Robin Lobel wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:10 pm The first patch is now available: https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id= ... yers_7&L=1
Hi Robin,

I'm still having problems with VST3 on OSX Mojave.
The only ones I really use are Melda and Unfiltered Audio plugins.
With UA plugins it is impossible to select presets with the popup window. When open I get the "I can't be clicked on" Apple UI noise - like focus is locked to the Spectralayers VST3 window won't allow the other pop-up to be clicked.
With Melda stuff the GUI doesn't show up properly and because they have tabs that expand and shrink the window this seems to cause havoc with the SL viewing window. Trying to stretch out plugin window to see it all causes the SL window to expand exponentially off the screen but doesn't expose any more of the plugin window.
https://imgur.com/a/RNSpWWW

Hope this helps.
cheers
Lloyd

Thanks, I can indeed repro the issue with UA plugins. I'll check Melda as well. Adding it for the next patch.

Robin Lobel wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:25 am Thanks, I can indeed repro the issue with UA plugins. I'll check Melda as well. Adding it for the next patch.
Thanks Robin. Sorry about the inelegant description.

looks like Spectralayers 7 is getting more stable. How are people finding performance under Win10?
Is S7 pretty much stable, stable but not so much with plugins, stable with all but a few VST3's?

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:17 am looks like Spectralayers 7 is getting more stable.
Not here - on my - otherwise very stable - machine the current version is buggy to the utmost extreme.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:01 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:17 am looks like Spectralayers 7 is getting more stable.
Not here - on my - otherwise very stable - machine the current version is buggy to the utmost extreme.
Bummer, v4 i bought and was so buggy as to be unusable. Looks lik v7 is off the shopping list for a while then., certainly until i can demo it

jens, please report the issues you're having to contact [at] divideframe.com, so it can be fixed for the next patch. So far I have not been made aware of major issues past the first patch.

Robin Lobel wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:44 pm jens, please report the issues you're having to contact [at] divideframe.com, so it can be fixed for the next patch. So far I have not been made aware of major issues past the first patch.
I have seen people report the vst UIs not showing properly. But i have also seen reports the core functionality works. But that is from a mac user, my interest re stability is under win10. It is the only thing holding me back from a purchase. A demo would be nice so I can test for myself

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”