Which tone2 after firebird?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 am The price will be $59. Over 1000 sounds will be included. It will be available in 2021.
Omg so awesome!! :love:

Will you show any love for Warmverb anymore? Still my most used multifx.

Ow yeah! Gooood news! Phoenix sounds great to me as well

Hmm... I hope for that price a couple of the new filters will be on board, otherwise it'd be hard to justify to pay for such old tech. No offense meant, it's just that Firebird is quite old now, and available for free as 32-bit. Fair enough to ask for money if development time is involved, but, as I mentioned, it'd be hard to motivate myself to buy it, if it's simply just the old stuff with a new name.

Oh, and my no. 1 feature suggestion would be a option to turn off the psycho acoustic enhancements, just like in Electra2. That's the main thing I always disliked about Firebird. That it has those turned on by default, and that there's no way to deactivate them.

chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:35 am Hmm... I hope for that price a couple of the new filters will be on board, otherwise it'd be hard to justify to pay for such old tech. No offense meant, it's just that Firebird is quite old now, and available for free as 32-bit. Fair enough to ask for money if development time is involved, but, as I mentioned, it'd be hard to motivate myself to buy it, if it's simply just the old stuff with a new name.

Oh, and my no. 1 feature suggestion would be a option to turn off the psycho acoustic enhancements, just like in Electra2. That's the main thing I always disliked about Firebird. That it has those turned on by default, and that there's no way to deactivate them.
"It will include all old FireBird patches which have been succesfuly ported, a completely new interface, VST 2.4, standalone, VST3, Mac version, 64bit, more modulation, much better filters, much better effects, reworked HCM spectras, better OSCs, 4x multicore support, Ringmod, spectral filtering, proper legato, and maybe some of the Hypersaw modes from Icarus."

Sounds to me this would be quite a good update. After all those years.

Ooooh. I should learn to read properly. :lol:

Sounds like a nice update. :tu: And hypersaw. :hyper:

Just to repeat my feature suggestion from above though: It would be nice to be able to turn on/off the psycho acoustic stuff. Maybe there's time and space to implement that. :)

- FireBird 2.1 did not have any psychoacoustic processing. v2.0 also not if I remember correctly

- All filters have been reworked. They have extended frequency range + oversampling now. Some less-good or similar ones have been replaced completely. At least 10 new types have been included

MPE?
lol

Icarus2 uses the VST 2.4 SDK and has fully Midi support with MPE.
I must check out if MPE is possible with FiteBird3/Phoenix/Hellfire. It uses the VST3.6.9 SDK. It does not have proper Midi support.

Firebird had a bad usability issue in my opinion: when closing/reopening the gui the currently playing notes were shut.
Will the new version have this addressed?
Also, would it be possible to have the psychoacoustic treatment optional (to be able to disable it)?

Thanks,
Mario

mabian wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:39 am Also, would it be possible to have the psychoacoustic treatment optional (to be able to disable it)?
According to Markus, the latest versions of Firebird 2 didn't have those... which is a bit surprising for me, as it always sounded like "with extra cheese" to me.

chk071 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:46 am
mabian wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:39 am Also, would it be possible to have the psychoacoustic treatment optional (to be able to disable it)?
According to Markus, the latest versions of Firebird 2 didn't have those... which is a bit surprising for me, as it always sounded like "with extra cheese" to me.
For sure it had some sound mojo, even though not fully featured...

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/tone2_upd ... 10_2_12188

"Improved sound, smoother and more hardware like sound quality."

- Mario

Gotta grab Reaper and give it a try again. It's been a while since I last tried it.

Just start to make 'essential' or 'best' banks for Synth1 and Firebird from old sets with some upgrades so end of September or middle October...default libraries of most synth are full with designer's stuff people don't use actually.

Fiddling with Firebird 2.1 in Reaper a bit at the moment. Am I blind or is there no way to adjust the osillator phase? It saeems like it's retriggering by default ( or is it? Kind of hard to tell, because there's always a attack transient...), and there's no chance to set the phase to free running.

Will the update have midi learn feature for parameters?

Return to “Instruments”