Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I noticed just recently that the issue where the Roland Cloud Manager app would say a plugin has an update available (even though I already updated XV-5080) seems to be fixed now.

Examigan wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:19 pm I noticed just recently that the issue where the Roland Cloud Manager app would say a plugin has an update available (even though I already updated XV-5080) seems to be fixed now.
Latest version also solved a problem I was experiencing in macOS, where RCM always stopped downloading anything after a while, displaying a message saying Roland Cloud Service was not available for the moment.

But it would be good if they start to be more careful with these new RCM versions. I am becoming tired of always experiencing new problems every now and then. It's about time they create something stable and reliable.

Oh, and start releasing new instruments (again) instead of Zenology extensions.
Fernando (FMR)

I think it was very malicious on their part to allow 'weak' people like me one month use of the TR-808..... sigh.. I really should not have downloaded and tried it. :)
I have been using it everyday almost since 808 day and I suspect I will 'have' to buy it...

I must not ever fall for One Month of Free use of anything in Roland Cloud again..
I must not ever fall for One Month of Free use of anything in Roland Cloud again..

sigh
:)
rsp
sound sculptist

Since everyone here is really lusting for the Roland JD-990 plugin, here are some interesting thoughts! I recently picked up the Roland JD-990, V-Synth, Nord Lead 2, Waldorf Q and Novation Supernova and used them to produce some 1990's style dance projects because I really wanted the authentic sound, and I'm personally someone who just sonically pines for that era. None of the old virtual analog synths (I suppose with the exception of the JP8000 within u-he Diva) are available to this day as plugins, so I wanted to pick them up to really nail the vision I had. To my amazement, even though these are different synths with very different characters (e.g. the Waldorf being very bright and metallic, the Supernova being super fat, the V-synth being very clear and very flexible like Omnisphere), I found the end-result in the mix to actually overlap much more than I expected. In the end, the best sounding mixes came from JD990 samples as the principle "90s-synth", and soft-synths like VPS Avenger and u-he Diva to beef it up. As great as those old VA's sound, I didn't feel like they compared or did anything that the latest soft-synths couldn't and, character-wise, there was more overlap between them than I expected.

They did their job remarkably well and they are already on their way back to new homes, but it was a fun and eye-opening experience. The conclusion I reached is that there's really only so much you need to really get that 1990's character and, if that's something you want, I felt like the Roland JD990 does it best enough that it's really all you would need. It cuts through the mix, sounds fat and flexible, and I think would be all you would have to use if that's the sound you're after. Of course, I'm also someone who is trying to limit the tools I use where I can, since it's mostly about speed and workflow to me at this point than having an excess of stuff. I can't comment on the Yamaha AN1x, Nord Lead 3, or other synths from that era that I never used, but I have a suspicion that my feelings wouldn't change much and I can't imagine myself splurging on those.

My two cents from a 1990's lover to anyone who wants some insight!
Last edited by Shiek927 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Price aside, is there any reason to get the older Legendary plugins instead of the newer model expansions?

From what I know: The older ones are faithful recreations based on component modeling, while the new expansions are approximations within the new Zenology framework.

jbone1313 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 pm Price aside, is there any reason to get the older Legendary plugins instead of the newer model expansions?
The individual plugins are circuit level models of each synth. They have all the features of the originals and often more. The Zenology expansions are approximations. So the filter response might not be as close for example, and they seem to lack some features/modulations. If you want one of the classic synths in the box, then the Legendary series will be the choice where both exist.

jbone1313 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 pm Price aside, is there any reason to get the older Legendary plugins instead of the newer model expansions?
Legendary plugins sound like the real things whereas Zen Core expansions sound half-baked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Hi friends.
Do anyone have patch bank (Gm.bin) for Jv 1080 vst or Xv 5080 vst
Thanks
Last edited by Rockm on Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello friends 🙂
How to convert roland JV 1080 backup (.syx) file
(Syx to.bin)
For JV 1080 Vst
Please help me Thanks. 🙏🏻

As promised, Roland has converted the content store licences to Lifetime Keys in Roland Cloud. Just got the email.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:44 am As promised, Roland has converted the content store licences to Lifetime Keys in Roland Cloud. Just got the email.
Yes I received that as well.

Someone said it was possible to swap the lifetime keys for different ones. Anyone know how that is done? Do you have to have an active membership and swap for one that is included in that active memberhsip?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:00 pm Do you have to have an active membership and swap for one that is included in that active membership?
Yes. If you have an active membership, the option to delete your license and then add another in its place is available in your account.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Is it still connected to their cloud manager though? I mean once you have a "lifetime" license, is it still dependant on the manager to activate it?

Return to “Instruments”