Sample packs that were used in early-mid 90s house music

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anybody know if there were any particular sample packs that were popular at the time and if they're available today? I'm especially looking for synth shots, pads, and vocal samples that were used in early-mid 90s deep and garage house from New York, New Jersey and London.

Two that spring to mind from that era are the X-Static Goldmine and Zero-G Datafiles. These were extensively used in UK house and DnB at the time.

I think the Zero-G CDs contained uncleared samples so may no longer be available.

And the horny Clubsounds. I'll check later..

Thanks guys!

For the more soul orientated there was Black 2 Black.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but there's one I'm trying to identify from around 1996 that everyone had to have, with sounds off it appearing on everything. Probably too vague a description but I'd appreciate any suggestions of what it may be.

It was Zero-G Interface Dance

What did people call them back then, btw? Sample CDs?

Future Music CD1

cleverr1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:42 pm Two that spring to mind from that era are the X-Static Goldmine and Zero-G Datafiles. These were extensively used in UK house and DnB at the time.

I think the Zero-G CDs contained uncleared samples so may no longer be available.
I've listened through the vocal samples in the Zero-G Datafiles and it's crazy how many you recognize. So many producers used it in the 90s and some even still.

cleverr1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:42 pm Two that spring to mind from that era are the X-Static Goldmine and Zero-G Datafiles. These were extensively used in UK house and DnB at the time.
great sample cds for sure.

is that a legal site?

It's the internet archive site. Been around for ages.

doesn't answer the question

There's a lot of illegit stuff on archive.org, unfortunately.

Jeremy Sylvester has a number of sample packs scattered on sites throughout the internet should help your case!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”