MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

I REALLY wish IK comes out with fretless & upright bass models for this.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Now at best service for just €109. Good deal, or?
Edit: As usual it is on sale also elsewhere and in their own shop as well.

Hello. Dumb question .. why is MODO bass only 1gb download and smaller install footprint than MODODrums? Is it that MODO Drums is all samples?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:26 pm Hello. Dumb question .. why is MODO bass only 1gb download and smaller install footprint than MODODrums? Is it that MODO Drums is all samples?
MODO Drums is infinitely more involved. The CPU usage is off the charts. I have to freeze the channel after recording the drum part because of the usage. If you own both you should immediately see why MODO Drums takes up more of everything.

Also, MODO Drums does have some samples where MODO Bass has none.

Also MODO bass is physically modeled - so no samples.
The install file is 194MB.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

telecode wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:26 pm Hello. Dumb question .. why is MODO bass only 1gb download and smaller install footprint than MODODrums? Is it that MODO Drums is all samples?
MODO Bass is fully modeled, MODO Drums is a hybrid between modeling and samples.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

i hate modo drums as it needs avx and my old good mac doesn´t have it. :-D whenever i get a new one id like to try as i think its great to have so much control over the sounds. if one needs it with so many great drum libs; i´m not sure.
for modo bass i prefer ez bass since it came out. needs less cpu and sounds better in my opinion.

Xbucket wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:13 pm i hate modo drums as it needs avx and my old good mac doesn´t have it. :-D whenever i get a new one id like to try as i think its great to have so much control over the sounds. if one needs it with so many great drum libs; i´m not sure.
for modo bass i prefer ez bass since it came out. needs less cpu and sounds better in my opinion.
I compared Modo Bass to Kontakt Bass. Seems to use same CPU but sounds better. I compared the Rickenbacker and P-Bass.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Quasimodo
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

MODO Bass been quiet for a while.

it's true I already asked this Ample Sound folk, but wouldn't say no to MODO variant either. 1950's single pup Sting "Telecaster" type P-bass would be actually quite cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUITMP_oH_g

I just wish IK would finally do the electric guitars and maybe add an acoustic upright bass and some acoustic guitars.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Is stuff like Jam Origin Midi Guitar and MIGIC good enough yet to translate say Ample Sound or Orange Tree electric guitars?

But even before controllers, I feel like some of the articulations are still very midi and plasticky. You probably might fake some basic stuff, even with a keyboard controller, but not any advanced playing that would sound believable. I think, the technology is not there yet for the software side of things.

raven86 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:11 am Is stuff like Jam Origin Midi Guitar and MIGIC good enough yet to translate say Ample Sound or Orange Tree electric guitars?
i tried exactly this. i ended up buying an actual bass instead. the latency and the need to be restricted to plain picking notes is killing it.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

What was the lowest price ever for this puppy?

At its current price I'd rather upgrade to Studio Max...

k

One million dollars
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”