The most annoying instruments, fx, and in general things people put in their music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

" cinematic " instruments
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

i find the lack of cowbells in modern music disturbing.

anything that isnt made using bitwigs grid, then mixed in reaper, is hardly worth listening to.

I remember the days when the obvious answer was the Barney the Dinosaur song or anything by Black Lace. Happy times.

Gamma-UT wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:58 pm I remember the days when the obvious answer was the Barney the Dinosaur song or anything by Black Lace. Happy times.
i blame flat eric.

Multiple genres of modern electronic music built around "stupid filter tricks" - take that, tarnce & dumbstep! Though E opens the heart chakra, it also lowers one's resistance to bad music.

I tend to find dobros cloying and smarmy.

Anyone who's not Stevie Ray Vaughan or Eric Johnson who plays a Fender Stratocaster through an Ibanez Tube Screamer can just move it along.

Twee covers of songs by twats with ukuleles.

I sat beside this guy on a Transatlantic flight. For the whole time he had his headphones on, listening to some pop/hip-hop where the only element I could discern were the hi-hats. 7 hours of constant, 16th note machine-gun hats, no dynamics at all. Drove me crazy.

That along with autotune as an effect and vocoded voices like Daft Punk do. Jesus, how cheesy is that sound.

Yes, I'm old.

Orville.

And how about perfect octave "harmonies" on vocals. That used to be a rare trick, like on old songs by Laid Back. Now it´s something everybody does because the sound needs to be superthick all the time, hence losing its dynamic touch. Could they FFS at least not learn how to make some interesting backing vocals; constant octave doubling is for the lazy, impatient, uncreative, pure profit-driven generation.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

every coming out of modular synths nowadays. and the ones in front of em

🙊🧐

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:46 pm Twee covers of songs by twats with ukuleles.
Pretty much every song covered and blandified for advertisements. Ignoring the original emotion and feel completely.

mumpcake wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:28 am
jancivil wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:23 pm a "bass part" that is one note on one rhythm the entire track.
It worked for Sly and the Family Stone though.
Sorry, I was not very articulate there. I mean "music" where this is the entirety of the musical content of the track. No tune, just some jagoff rapping over the one approved rhythm for that "music" for the year and the "kick drum" is also that stridently brainless rhythm (which every track of the genre has some version of). And the track is 'club length' so a one_bart_loop for half an hour. No dynamics, a flat kick and synth bass locked in doing the one bar. If it was a MIDI, it's all one velocity.
Sly & Family Stone is songs, and a band with a bass player. In this shite, no musicians are involved or needed.

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:18 pm🙊🧐
Not sure what you meant but I agree.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”