MegaHertz - High Resolution Semi-Modular Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dionenoid wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:30 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm Good thing peeps don't jump on developers developing with JUCE...
i like juice. :)
Apple or orange ? Or you prefer other fruits ?
usually orange (with bits, not concentrate)
but i do enjoy the odd more exotic fruits, passion, mango and guava. but theyre quite expensive in non concentrate, or i buy the fruits, again expensive and make a tertible mess making my own.

nice fruits are messy to eat or prepare for juicing.
apples/bananas not messy, not nice :shrug:
i mean, theyre ok, but theyre not "nice!".

apologies to any apple or banana lovers :hug:

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:17 pm The hardest part is the GUI.
Having a closer look at it, the GUI modules look pretty standard for SE, so no work there. (Or maybe third party. I definitely remember them - maybe still have them somewhere.)

The developer is almost certainly using custom-coded C++ modules. The audio demos and actually trying the demo should make that obvious, I hope.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 pm The developer is almost certainly using custom-coded C++ modules. The audio demos and actually trying the demo should make that obvious, I hope.
They are definitely standard or third party, or maybe the dev has slightly modified but not much has gone into it.

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 pm The developer is almost certainly using custom-coded C++ modules. The audio demos and actually trying the demo should make that obvious, I hope.
They are definitely standard or third party, or maybe the dev has slightly modified but not much has gone into it.
Really? You can't hear the difference between what synths using stock SE modules sound like, and the analog-like quality of Megahertz?

Pretty sure you're wrong, but if you can't hear it, there's no point in arguing it further. :shrug:
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:41 pm
Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 pm
Really? You can't hear the difference between what synths using stock SE modules sound like, and the analog-like quality of Megahertz?

Pretty sure you're wrong, but if you can't hear it, there's no point in arguing it further. :shrug:
Been trying to find pictures online of the ugly waveform selector to prove it to you. Sadly I don't have SE anymore. He may have designed the round knobs but the switches with lights on them are a variation I have sen before. Possibly Artvera? I don't know. Apart from the knob itself, the waveform selector is standard SE. I remember always hating it! I will re-download Artvera's dsigns and see if I can find it there. BTW, I was referring only to the GUI, not the sound. If you look at my post where I quoted myself, you will see that. As I said, I will test it and see what it sounds like and what it can do. You may be right with regards the coding of the modules.
Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:16 pm
Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:17 pm The hardest part is the GUI.
Having a closer look at it, the GUI modules look pretty standard for SE, so no work there. (Or maybe third party. I definitely remember them - maybe still have them somewhere.)

OMG - just found out that £89 is just the introduction price. :shock:

I don't have time to respond to every post but I'll just ask these questions....

Has anyone ever bragged about using SynthEdit ? Why do so many people who use it not admit to using it ? Ashamed ? If it's so good why not tout it as a feature? People certainly brag about a plugin being hand coded in C++ etc.

Has anyone ever asked someone to take a native coded plugin and make an SE version of it ?

Why don't major developers use SE instead of coding native?

Why would you need SE to "wrap the GUI" if you can code for any other reason than laziness ? SE brings no advantage to the end user whatsoever. None.

Anyway this guy strikes me as a wannabe "developer" who is using the Waves name in an attempt to impress the easily impressed. He's lost whatever respect I could have given him. Do I care if anyone else agrees ? Absolutely not.

I said I don't use SE plugins for reasons I don't need to explain. I didn't say that anyone else should avoid them as well. If you trust SE plugins then by all means use them. What you do or don't do means nothing to me.

So to that end I'll just say caveat emptor with this guy and I'm out of here. I won't respond to any other posts in this thread..... :arrow:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

He has also created a plugin that claims to use AI to automatically master your music. It has just two buttons - Analyse and Master. He has also created what he claims is the ultimate compressor. It consists of only one knob. Both of these cost a fair amount of money for what they are. I smell something very fishy here.

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:17 pm I smell something very fishy here.
Exonic UK plugins are best evaluated using one's hearing :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:13 pm [...] I'm out of here. I won't respond to any other posts in this thread..... :arrow:
So now maybe the actual plugin can be discussed (again) and not the developer tools used.

nvmd

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm I was not aware that SE modules could be recoded, no. My posts were on the basis only of what I had read and understood from this thread up to the point I posted. You are the first to make me aware that this is possible. I still probably wouldn't pay £89 for this from what I have seen so far. I will, however give the demo a spin and see if it is better than I had anticipated.
Well now you know :D
Same story goes for reaktor when then say it has that certain sound , sure when you use the stock reaktor primary modules , it has the sound of those old filters and osc's
Once you develop your own stuff in core , you start from scratch and create whatever you want ( if you have the dsp knowledge and your not as dumb as a rock )
Synthedit is the same , apart from the built in modules there are lot's of custom modules written by people .

Software Development Kit
The SDK (Software Development Kit) is a Music Plugin Standard for making custom SynthEdit modules using the C++ language. This SDK allows the creation of modules (Plugins) for Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX. The SynthEdit Modules (SEM) standard is an extension of the Generalized Music Plugin Interface (GMPI) standard.

unquote
https://www.synthedit.com/software-development-kit/

p.s. I don't use synthedit , I just hate it when people voice their opinion when they lack the basic knowledge about the matter in question .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

OK, from just running through a few presets, I'm really impressed with the sound and capabilities and I owe an apology. £89 isn't a price I would like to pay for this but it's free to download the demo and see for yourselves. I'm backing out now.

Return to “Instruments”