Windows 10.2004 = Softube DOA

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since updating Windows 10 to v.2004 all Softube plugs crash latest versions of Bitwig, Studio One & Reaper. Un/reinstalling didn't resolve it. All drivers are up-to-date. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I've had OpenGL problems with Softube in the past.

1 - Turn Off Core Isolation Virtualization-based Security for Memory Integrity in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104 ... -10-a.html

2 - Disable Hibernate in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/285 ... -10-a.html

3 - Reboot

Disable updates is my solution
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I only have Acoustic Feedback & White Amp, but just tested and both the VST and VST3 load and operate OK here on v2004 in Reaper. Looking for 'opengl' in their changelog flags this back in February:
We have fixed several issues with the OpenGL renderer. However there are still some known issues that we are working on.
Have you updated the plugins since that date ?

At least modular, tape and saturation knob are and have been working fine in studio one 4.6.xx /win10 2004
{"panic_string":"BAD MAGIC! :shrug: (flag set in iBoot panic header), no macOS panic log available"} "Apple did not respond to a request for comment."

Thx Pictus. Great suggestions, however already tried these to no avail. Softube really needs to get their act together.
Pictus wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:48 pm 1 - Turn Off Core Isolation Virtualization-based Security for Memory Integrity in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104 ... -10-a.html

2 - Disable Hibernate in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/285 ... -10-a.html

3 - Reboot

Haven't tried sat knob, however, Tape crashes every time.
Haptix wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:43 pm At least modular, tape and saturation knob are and have been working fine in studio one 4.6.xx /win10 2004

Are you running the latest versions of the Softube plugins?

Yes. I even uninstalled & reinstalled everything both manually and via Softube Central. No dice.
chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:28 pm Are you running the latest versions of the Softube plugins?

no problems here on windows 10 2004 with softube plugins, any chance these are the only plugins you have that use iLok?
and do you have dongle or a soft iLok?
softube modular loads, tsar-1 loads, etc. in reaper. also in bitwig, heartbeat - Fet procesor, quick test. but since 2004 version i use softube plugins without problems.

it could be a license problem, but you use softube central: it shows if there are activited.

Microsoft always turn this OS upside down every update
+ Pace ILok tries to make it difficult to crack copy protections
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= Disaster for end users

Core software probably works as usuall - but environment change constantly making things stop working. And having iLok there is code from Pace in there as well, so must continue sending out updates. This costs and take on resources for developers in every area, graphics drivers, audio drivers and whatnot.

- hell, Microsoft had a new update out
- heartbeat on every vendor goes up, did this make things stop working again?

Message is always "you should update and look for latest..." everything or buy a new computer because "we changed things".

It's a desease and something really sick about this picture....compare to if petrol were to be changed every month so cars stop working when filling up - sorry, you have to send it to service or get a new car...

- would we accept this?
- of course not, so what about software OS?

Not to forget websites "we changed things so you must update browser now or get a new computer"?

...and people just do it, like the weather is changing and nothing we can do anything about.....

My good old XP got issues with paying services recently, the Visa versign at end just end in a error message.

So I fed back to store I was shopping from "I cannot pay at your store....I use XP...".
And later on, a week later, I was shopping and I could see a lot of relocations and reloads and stuff but in the end Visa verisign came up and it worked.

So feed back to any place or company this is not working. Then there is a chance everything is not moving away from what we run.

Should we use ghosting software and have updates run, but then just ghost back things as they were?
Last edited by lfm on Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think you're onto something here! Just noticed error message in Softube Central indicating "backend status of iLok services disconnected. Unable to connect to helper component. Please re-install Softube Central." The restart button of course does nothing, ditto reinstalling Softube Central. I also tried reinstalling iLok and Softube plugins manually, but still no luck. 

lfm wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:28 am Microsoft always turn this OS upside down every update
+ Pace ILok tries to make it difficult to crack copy protections
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= Disaster for end users

Core software probably works as usuall - but environment change constantly making things stop working. And having iLok there is code from Pace in there as well, so must continue sending out updates. This costs and take on resources for developers in every area, graphics drivers, audio drivers and whatnot.

- hell, Microsoft had a new update out
- heartbeat on every vendor goes up, did this make things stop working again?

Message is always "you should update and look for latest..." everything or buy a new computer because "we changed things".

It's a desease and something really sick about this picture....compare to if petrol were to be changed every month so cars stop working when filling up - sorry, you have to send it to service or get a new car...

- would we accept this?
- of course not, so what about software OS?

Not to forget websites "we changed things so you must update browser now or get a new computer"?

...and people just do it, like the weather is changing and nothing we can do anything about.....

Last edited by Alchemedia on Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Softube plugs all activated in soft iLok. I have numerous others on soft iLok without any issues whatsoever.

WasteLand wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:28 am no problems here on windows 10 2004 with softube plugins, any chance these are the only plugins you have that use iLok?
and do you have dongle or a soft iLok?
softube modular loads, tsar-1 loads, etc. in reaper. also in bitwig, heartbeat - Fet procesor, quick test. but since 2004 version i use softube plugins without problems.

it could be a license problem, but you use softube central: it shows if there are activited.

Now I'm getting this:
"No Server Response. www.softube.com does not respond. Please try again later."
Also, this: "Windows users: Softube Central automatic updates are temporarily inactive." :dog:

Alchemedia wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:08 am Now I'm getting this:
"No Server Response. www.softube.com does not respond. Please try again later."
Also, this: "Windows users: Softube Central automatic updates are temporarily inactive." :dog:
softube central is notorious instable, i installed it on one of my systems, the other i do manually.
it performs better than before.
so no iLok problems. mmh..
try to use the installers, or one..., or you are doing to much from the softube website.

https://www.softube.com/installer-windows

i don't know if this will solve this, i notice that downloading via softube central, was strange.

which GPU do you use?

you can, but they crash immediately.., set openGL to off, for all products, within one product...

softube support is still quite responsive, by the way. although updates for bugs... (the vermona module of softube modular can crash a daw immediately, or erraticly.. they know still no fix i believe..).

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”