LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Professional

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seventh Heaven Seventh Heaven Professional

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:23 pm When was the 1.2 update released ?

Just installed and about windows indicates 28th Sept 2018

I didnt get an email and its not in the KVR product news

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/sevent ... onics/news
Sorry for the delay on the update email for the v1.2 updates, this has now been sent out. You can get info on the updates here.

liquidsonics wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:51 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:23 pm When was the 1.2 update released ?

Just installed and about windows indicates 28th Sept 2018

I didnt get an email and its not in the KVR product news

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/sevent ... onics/news
Sorry for the delay on the update email for the v1.2 updates, this has now been sent out. You can get info on the updates here.
Thanks got it :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I see HD Cart was also recently updated, also no email :p
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Such a shame Seventh Heaven is iLok dongle only, was just about to buy and noticed. :(

Ahh, I read Cloud works!
Last edited by arrakeen on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arrakeen wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:03 pm Such a shame Seventh Heaven is iLok dongle only, was just about to buy and noticed. :(
There is support for iLok Cloud, not just iLok dongle.

liquidsonics wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:06 pm
arrakeen wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:03 pm Such a shame Seventh Heaven is iLok dongle only, was just about to buy and noticed. :(
There is support for iLok Cloud, not just iLok dongle.
Thanks Matt, I just read that and came back to edit my comment.

So it just means I need to be on-line, not a problem. Thanks.... buying.

:)
Last edited by Tendou on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:41 pm I see HD Cart was also recently updated, also no email :p
Very good verb!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Is Seventh Heaven (Bricasti M7) suited for Techno Music or is it too realistic? Sadly I didnt find any videos online which would answer my question.

It's meant to give spatial positioning and presence and sit in the mix (which it does spectacularly), so it's got plenty of usage in techno. There are many elements that could use the subtly, or as the first reverb in a serial chain for glueing. It's not "realistic" (i.e., like an IR for a real space with all their flaws), it's got modulation, but it's not obstructive, which makes it sound more natural and a lot more pleasing.

It also has plate reverbs that are inherently unnatural, but we're used to hearing them after over half a century of use. The Vocal Shimmer in Plates2 is one of my favorites. And of course nonlinear algorithms aren't realistic either and the ones here sound great.

If you want to hear what it's like look up demos of the Bricasti M7 itself, the plugin is spot on: https://www.google.com/search?q=Bricasti+M7+demo

yellowmix wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:50 pm It's meant to give spatial positioning and presence and sit in the mix (which it does spectacularly), so it's got plenty of usage in techno. There are many elements that could use the subtly, or as the first reverb in a serial chain for glueing. It's not "realistic" (i.e., like an IR for a real space with all their flaws), it's got modulation, but it's not obstructive, which makes it sound more natural and a lot more pleasing.

It also has plate reverbs that are inherently unnatural, but we're used to hearing them after over half a century of use. The Vocal Shimmer in Plates2 is one of my favorites. And of course nonlinear algorithms aren't realistic either and the ones here sound great.

If you want to hear what it's like look up demos of the Bricasti M7 itself, the plugin is spot on: https://www.google.com/search?q=Bricasti+M7+demo
Thank you for detailed answer. I know its a bit of a stupid question but why Im asking is that the demos I listened (and you posted) support more or less only classic drums and music in style of bands which is absolutely not my genre! 😅
I use a reverb a) to make synth&sounds huge and b) a room reverb for drums to glue/put them into space. I was actually using pro-R for this with good success. ofc sometimes I use it on a vocal snippet or for sound design where I got Valhalla Vintage.

Im looking to upgrade my reverb game and Im actually wondering if Seventh Heaven can give me smth the others cant or if its actually an upgrade for me in this genre.

I used toraverb and soundtoys little plate but they didnt sound good to my ears. (valhalla actually did sound only good to me for sound design not on a return for above mentioned reasons, however I was thinking about its plate reverb to bring some vox or drums to the front but I get SHP I dont have money left for it 🙈)

Tendou wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:39 pm
yellowmix wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:50 pm It's meant to give spatial positioning and presence and sit in the mix (which it does spectacularly), so it's got plenty of usage in techno. There are many elements that could use the subtly, or as the first reverb in a serial chain for glueing. It's not "realistic" (i.e., like an IR for a real space with all their flaws), it's got modulation, but it's not obstructive, which makes it sound more natural and a lot more pleasing.

Thank you for detailed answer. I know its a bit of a stupid question but why Im asking is that the demos I listened (and you posted) support more or less only classic drums and music in style of bands which is absolutely not my genre! 😅
I use a reverb a) to make synth&sounds huge and b) a room reverb for drums to glue/put them into space. I was actually using pro-R for this with good success. ofc sometimes I use it on a vocal snippet or for sound design where I got Valhalla Vintage.

Im looking to upgrade my reverb game and Im actually wondering if Seventh Heaven can give me smth the others cant or if its actually an upgrade for me in this genre.

I used toraverb and soundtoys little plate but they didnt sound good to my ears. (valhalla actually did sound only good to me for sound design not on a return for above mentioned reasons, however I was thinking about its plate reverb to bring some vox or drums to the front but I get SHP I dont have money left for it 🙈)
On this one it´s a synth bass at least. Sounds pretty good imho:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaHVLJ12zqw
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:28 pm
Tendou wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:39 pm

On this one it´s a synth bass at least. Sounds pretty good imho:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaHVLJ12zqw
sounds definitly good but doesnt fully convince me :S

Tendou wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:39 pm I use a reverb a) to make synth&sounds huge and b) a room reverb for drums to glue/put them into space. I was actually using pro-R for this with good success. ofc sometimes I use it on a vocal snippet or for sound design where I got Valhalla Vintage.

If Little Plate doesn't sound good to you then it's probably a setting or application or something. It doesn't have a predelay (it's a Little plug after all) which makes spatialization harder to achieve but the algorithm itself is fantastic in the right circumstances. It's definitely not applicable to everything. So Seventh Heaven should please you since it has many algorithms for different purposes, it covers many bases. So an upgrade in that sense.

As for the sound itself, like all reverbs, it's subjective. It'll definitely spatialize a synth but it's not bombastic/lush like Lexicons or VintageVerb. It'll sweeten it while not being too noticeable. You'd notice if it's gone.

It takes little effort to make it work in context of the mix, it's great on bass which many other reverbs have problems with. There's an EQ on the Pro version which saves you from having to run it as a send and slap an EQ on it. So the workflow is worth it to me as well.

If VVV isn't doing it for you on synths, I know this is subjective, but I'm not sure what you're looking for. Maybe demo the Lexicon PCM plugins, that's the style VVV in modern mode is going for. It'll help to know if those do it for you.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:07 pm
Tendou wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:39 pm I use a reverb a) to make synth&sounds huge and b) a room reverb for drums to glue/put them into space. I was actually using pro-R for this with good success. ofc sometimes I use it on a vocal snippet or for sound design where I got Valhalla Vintage.

If Little Plate doesn't sound good to you then it's probably a setting or application or something. It doesn't have a predelay (it's a Little plug after all) which makes spatialization harder to achieve but the algorithm itself is fantastic in the right circumstances. It's definitely not applicable to everything. So Seventh Heaven should please you since it has many algorithms for different purposes, it covers many bases. So an upgrade in that sense.

As for the sound itself, like all reverbs, it's subjective. It'll definitely spatialize a synth but it's not bombastic/lush like Lexicons or VintageVerb. It'll sweeten it while not being too noticeable. You'd notice if it's gone.

It takes little effort to make it work in context of the mix, it's great on bass which many other reverbs have problems with. There's an EQ on the Pro version which saves you from having to run it as a send and slap an EQ on it. So the workflow is worth it to me as well.

If VVV isn't doing it for you on synths, I know this is subjective, but I'm not sure what you're looking for. Maybe demo the Lexicon PCM plugins, that's the style VVV in modern mode is going for. It'll help to know if those do it for you.
thank you very much. I gotta try out VVV on the white mode then if its trying to be a lexicon, maybe this will sound good. Very helpfull answer tho but probably for just to spatialize it might be too expensive. Ill currently demoing it maybe it will surprise me or Ill look into Lexicon if VVV isnt good enough on modern for me.

Return to “Effects”