vurt-hypnogogia(dreamscape noisebient guitar stuff)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hypnogogia

guitar/modular/reverb/reverb/reverb.
dreamy noisy vurty.

contest entry, but sharing here for those who dont involve themselves in such things.

A little uneventful but still a cool piece. What contest was this for and which reverb(s) did you use?

Is this for this month's free for all? Anyway, it reminds me of those tracks that they upload to Youtube with like train noises or factory noises and they're like 10 hours long. And you start to listen and then after about 3 or 4 minutes you fast forward a little bit and it still sounds the same. And then you go to like the 4 hour mark and it still sounds the same. And then you eventually realize that they took a short loop and stretched it out for 10 hours.

I think it was Nyan Cat that started that craze. Or at least it was one of the first pioneers. I tried listening to that once and it almost made me go crazy.
Eventually, I had to turn it off. Now this at least is a pleasant sound. Well sort of. And 8 minutes isn't 10 hours.

I guess I could probably appreciate this more if I could see the actual process itself. Like what you fed into what to get this sound. Still, some variation, even if it was just volume or filtering or something, would have been a nice touch. By the 6 minute mark, this was starting to get a little difficult to listen to. But that's probably because I'm old and don't have the patience I had as a kid.

Anyway, wouldn't it be a kick if this one the free for all? Might get me to enter the next one. I'll record my kitchen sink running and tell everybody is was a synth. :lol:

Definitely I think you should do a 10 hour track vurt :tu:

guitarmiester wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:44 pm A little uneventful but still a cool piece. What contest was this for and which reverb(s) did you use?
hypnogogia is a reference to sleep state, uneventful is preferable in sleep :hihi:
glad you still liked it :)

theres actually quite a bit going on, i just buried it, i wanted that sort of feeling of just waking up, vague recollections of the dream...
i may have gone too far, but i can still hear the guitar and synth :o could be psychological because i know its there???

anyway, questions.
contest, its just the monthly one here in the cafe, if you look at the top, theres a gossip and submissions thread.
nothing too serious, just a few regulars having fun, always hoping for more to join in ;)

reverbs.
the two guitar (yes, i know, 2 guitars in that?) the lead sound is fuzz in to the earthquaker devices transmisser.
the chugga chugga rhythm bit is a feedback loop in the klein bottle with the fuzz and transmisser.
both of these are then fed in to a reaktor ensemble "darkstar" which is an eventide black hole emu.

the synth, which is essentially just a long slow melodic bit, has erbe verb and clouds in the modular. then again fed in to dark star.

then on the master i have a dark star and an ni replika.

as you can see, i really, really wanted to buty it :hihi:

thanks for listening. 8)
hope that helps :tu:

Feels like camping on the airport approach lane! :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:41 pm Is this for this month's free for all? Anyway, it reminds me of those tracks that they upload to Youtube with like train noises or factory noises and they're like 10 hours long. And you start to listen and then after about 3 or 4 minutes you fast forward a little bit and it still sounds the same. And then you go to like the 4 hour mark and it still sounds the same. And then you eventually realize that they took a short loop and stretched it out for 10 hours.

I think it was Nyan Cat that started that craze. Or at least it was one of the first pioneers. I tried listening to that once and it almost made me go crazy.
Eventually, I had to turn it off. Now this at least is a pleasant sound. Well sort of. And 8 minutes isn't 10 hours.

I guess I could probably appreciate this more if I could see the actual process itself. Like what you fed into what to get this sound. Still, some variation, even if it was just volume or filtering or something, would have been a nice touch. By the 6 minute mark, this was starting to get a little difficult to listen to. But that's probably because I'm old and don't have the patience I had as a kid.

Anyway, wouldn't it be a kick if this one the free for all? Might get me to enter the next one. I'll record my kitchen sink running and tell everybody is was a synth. :lol:
a lot of words to say "didnt really like it" :hihi:
i didnt think this one would work for many, dont really expect to do great in the contest, but then i never do :lol: but you gotta go with your feelings, and some days i do feel like im walking under treacle. :o

thanks for at least giving it a go :tu:

pekbro wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:53 pm Definitely I think you should do a 10 hour track vurt :tu:
:party:

10 hour livestream :wheee:

:lol:
Last edited by vurt on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky-Loops wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:54 pm Feels like camping on the airport approach lane! :lol:

:o
you bavarians are tough!
i shall take your word for it, ive never one such extreme camping :o

thanks for listening :hihi:
and i know you did, because the description fits :P

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's the process that you enjoy when doing stuff like this. I know when I was experimenting with synths 40 years ago, that's what did it for me even though what I created was nothing but noise. So believe me, I get it. I wish I kept my old tapes. I probably could have sampled some of that stuff now for sound FX. Oh well, live and learn.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:24 pm If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's the process that you enjoy when doing stuff like this. I know when I was experimenting with synths 40 years ago, that's what did it for me even though what I created was nothing but noise. So believe me, I get it. I wish I kept my old tapes. I probably could have sampled some of that stuff now for sound FX. Oh well, live and learn.
:tu: i do also have the advantage of being "somewhat high" when recording these things :ud:

What kind of software do you use a lot vurt? I never see you talk about software too much,
other than in the Reaktor thread.

Anyway, just curious.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:20 pm
guitarmiester wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:44 pm A little uneventful but still a cool piece. What contest was this for and which reverb(s) did you use?
hypnogogia is a reference to sleep state, uneventful is preferable in sleep :hihi:
glad you still liked it :)

theres actually quite a bit going on, i just buried it, i wanted that sort of feeling of just waking up, vague recollections of the dream...
i may have gone too far, but i can still hear the guitar and synth :o could be psychological because i know its there???

anyway, questions.
contest, its just the monthly one here in the cafe, if you look at the top, theres a gossip and submissions thread.
nothing too serious, just a few regulars having fun, always hoping for more to join in ;)

reverbs.
the two guitar (yes, i know, 2 guitars in that?) the lead sound is fuzz in to the earthquaker devices transmisser.
the chugga chugga rhythm bit is a feedback loop in the klein bottle with the fuzz and transmisser.
both of these are then fed in to a reaktor ensemble "darkstar" which is an eventide black hole emu.

the synth, which is essentially just a long slow melodic bit, has erbe verb and clouds in the modular. then again fed in to dark star.

then on the master i have a dark star and an ni replika.

as you can see, i really, really wanted to buty it :hihi:

thanks for listening. 8)
hope that helps :tu:
The story behind the track brings in together. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to take a look at the contests. Could be fun to take part in.

You really did bury a lot. I'd never have guessed any bits of what are hidden in there. Do you have any other tracks featuring the transmisser? I've been so close to buying that pedal several times, never pulled the trigger and weirdly enough just started looking for one again. Now you're bringing it up which is another nudge to get it.

pekbro wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:44 pm What kind of software do you use a lot vurt? I never see you talk about software too much,
other than in the Reaktor thread.

Anyway, just curious.
not as much as i used to before i spent ten grand or so on hardware :lol:

i "grew up" in sofar as computer based music, with orion, then orion platinum. got a lot of use out of the onboard stuff, still prefer it for my midi work (samplitude i cannot get used to :hihi: ) but the audio recording was a bit basic.
also using reaktor/absynth/zebra and ace. they are my main go to soft synths.
reaktor, a few faves would be metaphysical function (nice to play along to) form :love: and of course nowadays blocks :o
a few old freebies too, but sadly less so, as they are 32 bit and not that i care about that, but my software does and he/she has final say :x
ribs is one freebie that i would recommend to anyone looking for some "fuckshitup!" effect, but not sure its mac friendly?

used to love alchemy/vaz mod and crusherx (got that as a gift) but lost computers/emailaddresses/passwords...
ah the passage of time :hihi:

guitarmiester wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:13 am Do you have any other tracks featuring the transmisser? I've been so close to buying that pedal several times, never pulled the trigger and weirdly enough just started looking for one again. Now you're bringing it up which is another nudge to get it.
i dont im sorry, i delete older stuff as ive only so much space.

its a great pedal, but as im sure youve gathered from the videos, its not your basic reverb, very dense and full of character. not a natural space at all :o
the onboard filter can be exp pedal controlled too, which does add some fun.

Return to “Music Cafe”