(Electronic) Aphelion

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New song I finished up yesterday. Had fun with this one.

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/officialstrangers/aphelion

Open to comments, like, dislikes, criticism, etc.

i like it. sounds like some music i could listen to while drawing.

r1381 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:26 pm i like it. sounds like some music i could listen to while drawing.
Thanks for listening and commenting. Please do share any drawings you happen to create while listening to this. I'd like to see what you come up with.

This sounds like this could be in a Industrial RPG video game. Nice work!
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

Some hard-hitting industrial action going on there, I can tell you had fun with this one. Thanks for sharing, good job.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

silenthill2006 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:15 pm This sounds like this could be in a Industrial RPG video game. Nice work!
I never even thought of the game route so thanks for the idea. May have some more songs up my sleeve in this boat.
biodiode wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:27 pm Some hard-hitting industrial action going on there, I can tell you had fun with this one. Thanks for sharing, good job.
Glad you liked it. The industrial sound wasn't even intended. It happened by mistake, liked the sound and ran with it. It's like Bob Ross would say, a happy accident.

nice work, has a coil vibe going on :tu:
nice n dirty, but the mix is clear, very good work 8)

A dirty popcorn! The drums are great and I love the grittiness of it.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

while some people may like alot of distortion,
i dont like too much. it takes me back to the
old radio days when a radio station wouldnt
come in clear, pissing me off. just my own preference OC.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

^We are lucky these days recording is so good that people like adding glitchy stuff.
Don’t get me started on road humps...
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I think the composition and structure of it is great, it flows and doesn't feel awkward at all, as a song. I don't love the sound design, to be honest- myself, I would like the drum sounds to be more electronic, given the synth sounds that are under it, or maybe having the kit be a little stronger with a little gain? It has a unique sound for sure. TLDR I like the form but not the sound choices.

Cool though! Looking forward to seeing more =)
01014.org - the 01014 net label
:phones: 24/7 label-community radio :phones:
Submit tracks for radio here
twitch

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:18 pm nice work, has a coil vibe going on :tu:
nice n dirty, but the mix is clear, very good work 8)
Thanks and glad you liked the song!
Allomerus wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:18 am A dirty popcorn! The drums are great and I love the grittiness of it.
Well done!
:)
I may have to run songs by you going forward. Dirty Popcorn would have been a good name :lol:
layzer wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:04 am while some people may like alot of distortion,
i dont like too much. it takes me back to the
old radio days when a radio station wouldnt
come in clear, pissing me off. just my own preference OC.
I appreciate the feedback. I expected the gritty drums to be a gamble. Once I dirtied them up there was no going back even though I did make an attempt at clean drums. By that point, I was already used to the dirt and re-dirtied the drums. I'll have some cleaner stuff soon enough.
TraiT wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:15 pm I think the composition and structure of it is great, it flows and doesn't feel awkward at all, as a song. I don't love the sound design, to be honest- myself, I would like the drum sounds to be more electronic, given the synth sounds that are under it, or maybe having the kit be a little stronger with a little gain? It has a unique sound for sure. TLDR I like the form but not the sound choices.

Cool though! Looking forward to seeing more =)
Thanks for the honest feedback, too! You guys do have me thinking of a different route I could have gone that may or may not have appeased the dirty and non-dirty crowd. The overall theme of the song was a "burn it all with fire" storyline that really came alive with the distorted drums. Toning it back for the mellow sections could have been an interesting idea that I didn't even think of until now.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback on this. That's the best part of sharing music on forums. Not only are there lots of ways to improve for future songs but also great ideas that I wouldn't have thought of without your input. Thanks again to all and more to come soon.

Nice track, enjoyed it. I thought it worked out well :tu:

Good one. I liked the composition and arrangement.

Return to “Music Cafe”