Barely on topic--Babaya Logic Pro -- the mystery

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Regarding the infamous Babaya Logic Pro... (that's my "Host" topic link) :wink:

My friend and I were talking about the Reddit mystery, "Lake City Quiet Pills", and it got me thinking about our own little mystery we had going on here at KVR several years ago:

A. A. Fussy's Babaya Logic Pro, the "purchase" of Emagic, and the other beyond belief things that became such a mystery. Did anyone ever figure out what was up with all of that? I seem to remember something about A. A. Fussy being a teenager with autism or something.

Does anyone recall what was found out?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Nah, sorry. Good thing you recall his name.

You might try Babya instead of Babaya for more accurate search results.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:49 pm Nah, sorry. Good thing you recall his name.

You might try Babya instead of Babaya for more accurate search results.
I did a little (very little) research before posting. :lol: I was just conversing with a friend of the Reddit mystery Lake City Quiet Pills (fascinating internet rabbit hole, by the way), and I happened to mention that we had an odd mystery ourselves here at KVR. I couldn't remember the results of the sleuthing however, but I think it was postulated (with some evidence) that it was a teen with autism. But I figured some of the other KVR old timers might remember better than I do. :-) It's not really that important, but I was just curious. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Trip down memory lane...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97191&start=26

First account seems to got banned after 10 days / 26 posts
search.php?author=aafuss

Then a month and a half
search.php?author=BabyaSoftwareGr

Acqisition of Emagic
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=114170&p=1541415

A presumably autistic kid who took Visual Basic example projects and plastered his name over it, imagining himself a software mogul. Some other forum members made Babya-accounts to post lighthearted satire, but those all got banned because some asshat used a pseudo-Babya account for obnoxious trolling.

Ah, yes! I forgot some of those things! Hehehe! The Emagic Acquisition was one that I remembered. Didn't the Logic Pro developers get involved somehow? I seem to remember that as well.

In the nearly 20 years I've been on this forum, there's been a lot of crazy stuff that's gone down. Hehehe

did he grow up to be the queens husband in emerald city?

farlukar wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:20 pm A presumably autistic kid who took Visual Basic example projects and plastered his name over it, imagining himself a software mogul. Some other forum members made Babya-accounts to post lighthearted satire, but those all got banned because some asshat used a pseudo-Babya account for obnoxious trolling.
Visual Basic example projects! Yes! I remember that now! Hehehe!! :D :lol:

audiojunkie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:22 pm The Emagic Acquisition was one that I remembered. Didn't the Logic Pro developers get involved somehow? I seem to remember that as well.
They said that they'd send in he lawyers when they were done laughing.

farlukar wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:27 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:22 pm The Emagic Acquisition was one that I remembered. Didn't the Logic Pro developers get involved somehow? I seem to remember that as well.
They said that they'd send in he lawyers when they were done laughing.
That's right!! I remember that specific phrase!! Too funny!!! :hihi: :lol: I wasted far too much time over the years here at KVR!.......but it was worth it! :P

V3 after 5yrs of development
https://sites.google.com/site/babyasoft ... babyalogic
Runs on win7, so chances are it still works! (not)

truly weird. I did not know this stuff, it was almost just an urban legend to me.

Made it halfway this so far, intriguing read indeed:
https://unresolved.me/lake-city-quiet-pills

FD: As some folk will remember, at one point, I registered babya.com (or something like that and cant even remember) with a website that explained that Babya Logic etc were fakes, and threatening to sue them for 'passing off' under the name of 'my' business. At that point, the whole thing was too ridiculous to be anything other than a longwinded troll, it was a silly little bit of trolling back.

Anyways, point is, that meant the 'real' Babya got in touch with me. From 'direct' conversations with A.A.Fussy as a result, I got the impression that there was actually something a little bit weirder going on, in that there were two somewhat distinct 'voices' to that conversation. One did correlate with the very naive, very 'young' A.A.Fussy of the interviews etc of the time. The other felt very like it was someone else, they were much more sophisticated, and a bit sharper and, almost aggressive I'd say, though trying to do that while pretending to be that naive kid.
I think I basically came to the conclusion that there there was a second someone leveraging the whole thing for trolling while pretending to be 'helping out' a pretty naive and unsophisticated kid; that was a little bit nastier than I'd anticipated, so I basically quit there.

edit : looking at a couple of old posts, I did say as much then. Also identified the second voice as being someone in the UK, whereas Fussy was Australian.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

farlukar wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:20 pm A presumably autistic kid
Just popped into my mind — at some point, A.A. Fussy posted video footage of himself, and all of a sudden nobody felt like making jokes anymore.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”