RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:11 pm The Mac shows 1.8.0.0, the PC shows 1.8.0.2 and the two videos were using PC's.
Ah, didn't know that.
Would be actually helpful if the minor version would be displayed on the download page up to the 4th position.

dermage wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:07 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:11 pm The Mac shows 1.8.0.0, the PC shows 1.8.0.2 and the two videos were using PC's.
Ah, didn't know that.
Would be actually helpful if the minor version would be displayed on the download page up to the 4th position.
Definitely agreed.
rsp
sound sculptist

dermage wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:27 am 2 HTT) This forum is no official support. There's no obligation for them to answer here. If you want your question answered, there is no way but to go through the official channels as mentioned by zvenx.
Indeed. Although we try to answer most questions, sometimes we just miss them. Or the question is too broad, too demanding or has a low priority in terms of urgency.

About the version numbers. 1.8.0.2
The last number is the build version. And it can be different for Windows/Mac or even binaries (x86 vs x64). There is no difference in terms of functionality. Don't worry, you're not missing out on something. Every important feature is logged in the version history.

parawave wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:24 pm
dermage wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:27 am 2 HTT) This forum is no official support. There's no obligation for them to answer here. If you want your question answered, there is no way but to go through the official channels as mentioned by zvenx.
Indeed. Although we try to answer most questions, sometimes we just miss them. Or the question is too broad, too demanding or has a low priority in terms of urgency.

About the version numbers. 1.8.0.2
The last number is the build version. And it can be different for Windows/Mac or even binaries (x86 vs x64). There is no difference in terms of functionality. Don't worry, you're not missing out on something. Every important feature is logged in the version history.
:) I was about to ask for a partial refund for my mac version :).

Yeah I understand... Thanks.
Never looked at my Windows version number before I made that screen shot. Did it as an afterthought actually as I have been working way more on mac for the last year or two.
rsp
sound sculptist

The loooooong list of automation sources collapses in Logic Pro X somewhere in Layer 5. Where are the macros hidden?

No one every tried to automate the macros in Logic Pro X?

collider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:02 am The loooooong list of automation sources collapses in Logic Pro X somewhere in Layer 5. Where are the macros hidden?
You mean the external parameters that can be modulated by the DAW, right? If so, the macros are one of the very first parameters. They have the prefix "M", e.g. macro one is called "M-Macro-1". It should be index 26. So you don't have to browse too far.

If a parameter is on a layer it starts with the corresponding number. "1-OscA-Volume" can be read like
First Layer; Oscillator A; Volume Parameter.

parawave wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:38 pm
collider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:02 am The loooooong list of automation sources collapses in Logic Pro X somewhere in Layer 5. Where are the macros hidden?
You mean the external parameters that can be modulated by the DAW, right? If so, the macros are one of the very first parameters. They have the prefix "M", e.g. macro one is called "M-Macro-1". It should be index 26. So you don't have to browse too far.

If a parameter is on a layer it starts with the corresponding number. "1-OscA-Volume" can be read like
First Layer; Oscillator A; Volume Parameter.
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, this is what I'm talking about - modulating the parameters via DAW.

In Logic Pro X the list starts with: 1-Arp-Length and it's not possible to scroll beyond Layer 5.

Workaround: Enable to write automation via "Touch". This way it's possible to get access to M-Marco-1-2-3. Or they need to be assigned to the Smart Controls which is easier to do. They are definitely not at the beginning of the list.

Been looking at this again. Questions:
-Will there be a VST3 version?
-Is there or will there be a way to copy from one layer across to all others (good way to quickly set up multichannel mode with copied layers)
-Will there be pro/xtreme high pass filters as well?
-Can the order of the filter and insert fx be reversed? ie. Insert into filter.

Where is that future development list I've seen for Rapid? Couldn't find it on the site.

thanks
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Where is that future development list I've seen for Rapid? Couldn't find it on the site.

thanks
[/quote]

Check out Support - Faq - And then roadmap.

Personally i want the drift function to be global per layer. (Can't say this enough) 😉

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:38 pm .........

thanks
https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_roadmap

rsp
sound sculptist

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 pm
Tannaliini wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:13 am Image

This is the situation with Rapid demo... Any ideas how to fix it/get it open properly?
Now it just stays empty anytime I try to open it :help:
That's what happens when you install it in the wrong way.

Follow this to install it.

First Time Installation Windows 7, 8 & 10

In this order: (Important to avoid activation issues)

1. Download & execute the zip file:

Rapid.Factory.Sounds.1.0.0.Setup.Win

and install the Rapid Factory Sounds to the default Windows C drive location.

2. Download and execute the .exe file:

Rapid.1.8.0.Setup.Win

and install either the Rapid 1.8. 32 Bit / 64 Bit VST to the folder you have set for your DAWs plugins.

3. Complete the full installation by downloading the file,

Rapid.SP.Granular.Elements.1.0.0.Setup.Win

and install to the default Windows C drive location which is set for Rapid.

4. Open, or reopen the DAW if already open and activate the Rapid 1.8 VST Instruments & Effects Plugin.

Additional Sound Expansions Available To Use With Rapid & Your DAW:

Unzip Factory.Sounds.Drums.zip and copy the folder to the main Rapid directory or additionally to a folder where you store your samples.
But there is only this link for the demo:
https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_demo

So I downloaded this. Then I run the Rapid.Demo.1.8.0.Setup.Win

I see it is unzipping/installing Rapid Factory sounds (or something like that) but I don't know in what folder it is going...?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:38 pm Been looking at this again. Questions:
-Will there be a VST3 version?
-Is there or will there be a way to copy from one layer across to all others (good way to quickly set up multichannel mode with copied layers)
-Will there be pro/xtreme high pass filters as well?
-Can the order of the filter and insert fx be reversed? ie. Insert into filter.

thanks
This is next (and its a .5 so hopefully quite soon). I haven't heard about VST 3 being mentioned or seen it on the roadmap.

Preset Browser search.
Preset Browser favorites / rating.
Load individual layers.
Copy/Paste/Save/Load effect stacks.
Undo/Redo.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Tannaliini wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:53 pm But there is only this link for the demo:
https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_demo

So I downloaded this. Then I run the Rapid.Demo.1.8.0.Setup.Win

I see it is unzipping/installing Rapid Factory sounds (or something like that) but I don't know in what folder it is going...?
Sounds are by default stored here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parawave\Rapid\Factory Sounds
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Hi Parawave, will you begin to allow license transfers of Rapid?

Return to “Instruments”