Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

well thx for trying but its not avengers fault crashing ableton, its just that avenger becomes useless when ableton crashes for whatever reason bc the plugin/gui wont load anymore when it was somewhere even not in use on the project and to make it work again even on a completly new project I have to reinstall avenger completly

I really keep hoping further optimisation can be done with Avenger with its real time playing, with low latencies.
I have almost all the heavy hitters (except Falcon), and none even come close this load that Avenger has whilst playing the instrument...

In Both Cubase and Studio one, the Average use seems normal, but it is the real time/cpu that is always peaking.

This is me holding down one note.

Of course after I record the note and disable monitoring (asio-guard only)
it is fine. That disparity is larger than any other instrument on my system.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

And same patch, PC, Nuendo....
same issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Part is also Cubendo’s fault. Their method of distributing the load over multiple cpu core is thrash. I often have 2 cores chocked to death (and playback glitches! while the other 14 just sit at 20% load. Similar project in Ablelton Live just works (and Live doesnr have any asio guard). Try a demo of live, you may be surprised

Except studio one also does it and no other plugin. I literally just went thru all my vsti's does it.
rsp
sound sculptist

sircuit wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:29 pm Part is also Cubendo’s fault. Their method of distributing the load over multiple cpu core is thrash. I often have 2 cores chocked to death (and playback glitches! while the other 14 just sit at 20% load. Similar project in Ablelton Live just works (and Live doesnr have any asio guard). Try a demo of live, you may be surprised
like which plug in so I can try to replicate.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:36 am Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 8.33.19 PM.jpgPlease forgive me if this is a stupid question and has been asked tons of times before,
but I have always been curious why the green led's to the left of each layer isn't programmed to turn on and off each layer (instead of a mute for instance)

(Kind of like how Rapid and Omnisphere and probably others do it.)

rsp
I am wondering if this was implemented so you could at least turn off a layer if that wouldn't help resources.
Is there a way to not mute but turn off a layer so it no longer uses resources?
rsp
sound sculptist

The scientist in me of course, made me run a simple test on my Mac, 4 physical cores macbook pro which translates to 8 virtual core, running 10.14.6.

Cubase 10.5.20, choose a pad that uses a lot of cpu in various Synths and played four notes on them and take a screen shot of CPU Usage using Apple's Activity Monitor.

I don't see in any of the synths I use where it is not spreading the load.

I used Avenger, Bazille, Diva, Omnipshere, Rapid and Repro 5.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:31 pm
sircuit wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:29 pm Part is also Cubendo’s fault. Their method of distributing the load over multiple cpu core is thrash. I often have 2 cores chocked to death (and playback glitches! while the other 14 just sit at 20% load. Similar project in Ablelton Live just works (and Live doesnr have any asio guard). Try a demo of live, you may be surprised
like which plug in so I can try to replicate.
rsp
Too many cases to isolate the issue to certain plugins. I can get away in ableton live with same projects that kill cubase 10.0

I am not a fan of live at all so I can't testify to its behaviour, but I just tried pulling up a few cpu intensive older projects in Cubase and I did not see one instance of where one core was unequally utilized. Load was spread over the Cores.

https://transverseaudio.com/tip/what-da ... -least-cpu

rsp
sound sculptist

Anybody know how to fully remove CodeMeter on a Mac? Managed to sell my Avenger license thankfully and want to get rid of CM (nothing else I know of uses it - strange choice for Avenger IMO).

I usually use EasyFind and AppCleaner to remove all my mac stuff.
AppCleaner starts it off if it is an app you are trying to delete it finds some of the auxiliary files and asks you if you want to delete those too.
Then I use Easyfind to search my harddrive for files of the app name and the manufacturer name and then delete those too.
rsp
sound sculptist

Do does anyone know for certain if you can resell a 2nd hand lisence of Avenger and what they need for it? I tried to ask in an Email but I just got a premade answer where just a regular resale is covered...

Don't think you can sell secondhand license.

pizzatime wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:35 pm Don't think you can sell secondhand license.
thats why I asked it someone KNOWS. I mean you pay 30$ per transfer which is good for the company and nobody ever said to me avenger goes NFR after 2nd hand purchase.

Return to “Instruments”