Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 pm Is there a way to help out? I have a VST2 license which I asked for in time just in case. But I have no experience in compiling that stuff...
Thank you for the kind offer. It's a complicated situation, but short version is: You having a license means you can distribute a synth you write, but it doesn't mean I can. If you are really interested PM me for some more nuances.

I think the right fix here I think is for JUCE to segregate their VST2/3 stuff into "vst3 as 2 which needs 2" and "vst3 as 2 which doesn't need 2". The code to make a VST2 compatible ID is all in the VST3SDK.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:29 pm When can we expect a GUI overhaul if it's coming anyway. Would be great. My old eyes has to fight with Dexed too much :D
The latest build from the Surge team fork has a bigger GUI and other improvements...

https://surge-synth-team.org/dexed/

Failed Muso wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:42 pm
resistent wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:29 pm When can we expect a GUI overhaul if it's coming anyway. Would be great. My old eyes has to fight with Dexed too much :D
The latest build from the Surge team fork has a bigger GUI and other improvements...

Wow this is amazing. I had no idea the surge team took on dexed. That’s great. I’m a little confused as to which source to follow/download. What does it mean to be even with or behind?

Will there be 9.999.999 modulation of modulators possibilities after the Surge Team took over Dexed? :lol:

Failed Muso wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:42 pm The latest build from the Surge team fork has a bigger GUI and other improvements...

Crashed Cakewalk in five seconds and no bigger GUI I could find unless I grabbed the wrong build.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SST fork doesn't have a bigger GUI, it has a better contrast GUI with clearer fonts on it, but same size.

Also SST didn't take over Dexed - the fork has been made for the purpose of adding a few features to be merged into the main repository that asb2m10 owns.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:00 am SST fork doesn't have a bigger GUI, it has a better contrast GUI with clearer fonts on it, but same size.
I guess I must be imagining this then...? :roll:
Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 09.27.42.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Huh, ok that's news to me. :D

Either way, it's upscaling the 1x size assets, which makes it blurry...

hmm, i have to check this. and whether its working in unify ( i installed dexed with unify)

Glad to see they are working on resizing this but I hope it won’t be restricted to 1.5x and will fix the blurriness. I hope they make some other (non-blurry) sizes in between.

Does anyone know if the mpe expression can be assigned? Does aftertouch translate to mpe pressure and mod wheel to per note vertical axis expression? That’s usually the simplest way to do mpe for a synth like this. But I’m not having much luck aside from the pitch bend.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Currently MPE in Dexed is only for pitch glides. Nothing else is supported at the moment.

I did make 2x sized assets months ago, they just need implementing...

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:35 pm Currently MPE in Dexed is only for pitch glides.
Got it. I hope they use the existing midi assignments for mpe expressions when that is switched on.
I did make 2x sized assets months ago, they just need implementing...
I’m more hoping they do sizes in between the 1-1.5x

Was the 0.9.4 build updated? Somewhere it said the Surge mod was no longer current.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I wish we could get a dx11 or tx81z in a similar spirit or vein as dexed!!

Return to “Instruments”