Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I can't see NFR written somewhere so no need to worry. If the support sent you the usual resell answer when you explicitely asked for 2nd hand then because it is handled like that too. Though I'd expect the policy to change at some point as there are so many sellers of their Avenger license for quite some time. Can't imagine a company like that will tolerate that forever.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:00 pm I can't see NFR written somewhere so no need to worry. If the support sent you the usual resell answer when you explicitely asked for 2nd hand then because it is handled like that too. Though I'd expect the policy to change at some point as there are so many sellers of their Avenger license for quite some time. Can't imagine a company like that will tolerate that forever.
okay cool. actually I love how it sounds bit I just have issues with it and that interrupts my workflow hard and I cant tolerate this for much longer :(

That's fascinating.

Finally I had time to do a full walkthrough of Cinematic Loops 1... enjoy https://youtu.be/bWOSzwkszy4 (reupload due to audio/video sync issues)

I've noticed some pretty weird behavior with 1.5.9 lately, it seems that most instances of Avenger in my projects result in hanging notes. I've tried this with the VST3 and VST2 in Bitwig and playing live or playing back MIDI clips results in some notes hanging forever, is that being looked into at all?

there was a hanging note problem in connection with the ARP/humanize+Shuffle.
We fixed that already for 1.6.0

msvs wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:33 am there was a hanging note problem in connection with the ARP/humanize+Shuffle.
I know this is not the correct way but could you please take a look at the issues with Avenger and Studio One 5? I've emailed Rene with lots of info over a month ago but haven't heard back from him. Thought he was on holiday back then but starting to worry he might have missed my email.

Avenger is basically choking the CPU every 10 to 20 seconds creating dropouts and stutters. This is all on a brand new build & installed PC and it even happens without playing audio. Just a few instances make it visibly/audibly happening and it basically makes Avenger unusable in projects for me. Thanks!

I cant, I am no programmer. Only Rene can. If you have a sound design problem or a question how something works, I can help you

I assume he was at least partially asking you to check to make sure Rene even got them and read them.
Since he got not acknowledgement from Rene that he did.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:35 am I assume he was at least partially asking you to check to make sure Rene even got them and read them.
Since he got not acknowledgement from Rene that he did.
rsp
Exactly. First thing I did was email Rene my tests and conclusions (on July 26) but haven't heard anything yet and the issues still remain. That's why I wrote here to see if the problem is at least known or if there maybe is a possibility to remind him. I have emailed Rene again right now so will hopefully get a reply this time.

Thanks.

pablorindt wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:14 am
msvs wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:33 am there was a hanging note problem in connection with the ARP/humanize+Shuffle.
I know this is not the correct way but could you please take a look at the issues with Avenger and Studio One 5? I've emailed Rene with lots of info over a month ago but haven't heard back from him. Thought he was on holiday back then but starting to worry he might have missed my email.

Avenger is basically choking the CPU every 10 to 20 seconds creating dropouts and stutters. This is all on a brand new build & installed PC and it even happens without playing audio. Just a few instances make it visibly/audibly happening and it basically makes Avenger unusable in projects for me. Thanks!
I don't use studio one, but if you list a specific preset, buffer settings, how many notes you're hitting etc, I can compare here to see how my cpu handles the same scenario in Logic. Are you on a mac?

m-ac wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:29 pm

I don't use studio one, but if you list a specific preset, buffer settings, how many notes you're hitting etc, I can compare here to see how my cpu handles the same scenario in Logic. Are you on a mac?
Thanks! Problem is, it's happening on all presets, without playing any audio. I'm also using FL Studio and it's not happening there so it's definitely something between S1 and Avenger. It's also a completely newly build AMD 3900X machine, everything freshly installed.

Basically al my projects are glitching and I saw that every 10 to 20 seconds all Avenger instances jump in CPU usage, all the way to the top of the list. This makes Studio One use almost 100% CPU, and again, all of this happens without playing any audio. Disabling all Avenger instances immediately solves all issues.

It's weird because all instances do this simultaneously. They also all show their internal CPU meter jump, and I even saw values there over 100%.

Anyway, I'll wait for Rene to check this out. Hopefully he'll reply soon. I know that Studio One 5 updated some internal toolsets and a few plugins have shown incompatible so it might be related to that. Let's see & thanks again!

I got EZDrummer recently. I found a way of using that to trigger the Avenger drums. Its a work in progress, but its functional so far. Other drum plugins which have midi out may be able to do the same thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rayFo7rd3Eo

A phase modulator OSC in 2.0 will be awesome

pablorindt wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:55 pm
m-ac wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Thanks! Problem is, it's happening on all presets, without playing any audio. I'm also using FL Studio and it's not happening there so it's definitely something between S1 and Avenger. It's also a completely newly build AMD 3900X machine, everything freshly installed.

Basically al my projects are glitching and I saw that every 10 to 20 seconds all Avenger instances jump in CPU usage, all the way to the top of the list. This makes Studio One use almost 100% CPU, and again, all of this happens without playing any audio. Disabling all Avenger instances immediately solves all issues.

It's weird because all instances do this simultaneously. They also all show their internal CPU meter jump, and I even saw values there over 100%.

Anyway, I'll wait for Rene to check this out. Hopefully he'll reply soon. I know that Studio One 5 updated some internal toolsets and a few plugins have shown incompatible so it might be related to that. Let's see & thanks again!
I've got an update on this matter. First of all, Keilwerth support replied this time! :)

Second, on sept 1 Presonus released an update (5.0.2), nothing really interesting in the small changelog but the issue with Avenger seems to be fixed. I've been testing and running multiple Avenger instances in my project today. No issues at all so far :D

Return to “Instruments”