Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Pls consider this as a suggestion for the future RC,
in RC 3.84, In the Phrase browser, while previewing a phrase and clicking/moving on to the next one the previous one plays till the end it doesn't stop instantaneously (i.e. if the phrase is 64 beat long it plays till the end even when the next phrase is selected for preview), what happens is that the sounds pile up one after other, and overlaps and the only way to stop this is to press ESC(panic) which mutes all sound, this gets frustrating after a while. It would be much better if the preview stops as soon as the next phrase is selected.

I confirm this preview issue works well in the new docked browsers.
All browsers will be docked on the right side in v4.0 (in the works, available as a beta version):

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:52 am I confirm this preview issue works well in the new docked browsers.
All browsers will be docked on the right side in v4.0 (in the works, available as a beta version):

Thanks,
Attila
Thank u for responding Attila, that's a great news, but pls make the browser that can also be undocked or movable and scalable like the one we have now, the reason is bcauz "real estate" if the browser is fixed many users might find it uncomfortable (that includes myself), consciously and subconsciously we are used to read from left to right so we ll always look forward to what comes next, if the browser is fixed to the right it will interfere with the workspace.. Its just my opinion..
Thanks again...
U r Awesome.. :tu:

I would like any browser or inspector or even objects like Chord Selector had the ability to be embedded and vice versa .

Hello everybody. I’m new to this forum.
I was trying to export midi (or drag it) to my DAWs, but I’ve noticed that the tempo map data is missing. Only the main tempo and time signature is there. Trying “Export Chords as MIDI Markers” I have no problems, the markers show up on top of the sequencer.
Using RC as a VST also only follows the main tempo, but not the changes in each section of the composition structure.
So, as a part of my workflow, time signature changes are very important and I’d like to keep this metadata out of RC.

Thank you. Very glad to be here

Greetings BioArth Music, and welcome to this forum! :)

You are right, tempo and signature changes were not saved in the exported MIDI file.
The good news is that I fixed that today. A new beta version will be available in 1-2 days with the fix. I will gladly send you the download links.

RC as a plug-in (and this works the same way in v3.84 and in the latest rewritten VST/VST3/AU plug-ins) either
- fully synchronizes to the host tempo (default behaviour), but this means tempo changes in the composition are ignored, or
- uses the tempo in the composition. In this cases the host tempo is ignored.
The two cannot be mixed.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi JustSomeRandomDude1,

thanks for your thoughts. The browsers can be easily hidden when they are not needed. Lots of people requested tabbed docked browsers because they (I mean the browsers :)) took too much screen space, hiding information in the background.
I am considering to make the browsers freely movable outside the window, if needed, after v4.0.
As a funny fact: v1.0, more than 10 years ago came with docked browsers and inspectors on the left side. I remember people complained that the browsers/inspectors took away too much space from the workspace. It is hard to please everyone, but making things more configurable is the solution.

Thanks,
Attila
JustSomeRandomDude1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:54 pm Thank u for responding Attila, that's a great news, but pls make the browser that can also be undocked or movable and scalable like the one we have now, the reason is bcauz "real estate" if the browser is fixed many users might find it uncomfortable (that includes myself), consciously and subconsciously we are used to read from left to right so we ll always look forward to what comes next, if the browser is fixed to the right it will interfere with the workspace.. Its just my opinion..

Thank U Attila :tu:

Feature Request: Timeline selection memory

Imagine we are viewing the composition. Some portion of the timeline is selected.

Then we double-click on a part. This zooms us to the part, and selects the timeline for the length of the part.

Eventually we double-click on the part again and are brought back to the composition. At this point no portion of the timeline is anymore selected.

--

Going thru the process above, I would logically either want a) the timeline to remain selected for the length of the part, or b) the portion of the timeline that was originally selected (before zooming in) to again be selected.

I suppose, since this is what RC does now, that c) discarding all prior selections and leaving the timeline completely unselected might also be desired by some people, either for specific reasons, or because at this point they are now used to this behavior.

Therefore, I suggest a settable option where the user can choose a, b or c as desired.

Thanks for considering this!

-- IMPLEMENTED IN v3.9b32 Thanks!! --
Last edited by sj1 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feature Request: Chord Selector to have memory of original chord

Hi. Chord selectors give us tons to chose from and easy audition of chords, but once you click away from the original chord that was active when the chord selector was entered, that chord is lost.

IOW, once you actually use the chord selector, you lose the memory of where you were before you started.

I suggest two additions:

1. Draw a thick blue outline around the chord that was active when the selector was entered. This would just be a visual for the user to return to, as when wanting to instantly compare the original with a different choice. Leave the thick blue line in place as the user clicks around.

2. Add a 'Revert" button to the chord selectors so that if the result of all your auditioning is "Nah, found nothing better than what I had" you can simply and directly go back to what you had (i.e. leaving the Composition unaffected by your explorations).

Feature Request:

Ability to set Keyboard Shortcuts for the primary tabs:

Composition
Phrase Editor
Melody Editor
Chord Rules Editor
MIDI Import
History
Settings
Support

But by far the most important is Composition! Even if no others, please do that one, as having to move the mouse to it every time we want to leave and editor and go back to the top (the Composition) is a slow-down that need not be there.

-- mostly IMPLEMENTED IN v3.9b33 Thanks! --
Last edited by sj1 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feature Request:

At the Composition level, if a track is sufficiently expanded vertically, then (optionally) allow the note names in a Phrase to be printed inside the displayed notes (as is done in the Phrase Editor). These would be either the # numbers, the scale degrees, or the absolute note names at the user's choice.

Note - I confirm that tiny text size is not an issue, as per this picture which shows tiny size in the Voicing display:

RC - Voicings wLabels Phrases woLabels 01.jpg

The goal is for the user to (optionally) get the same display in the (actually-to-be-heard) Phrases as in the (full-of-potential-to-be-heard) Voicings.

For example, if we see a triad of Voicing notes for a Csus2 chord in a certain range say as C2, D2, G2 we want to be able to confirm visually (via matching labels/nomenclature) the Phrase notes C2, D2, G2 when the phrase is dragged appropriately to match up with that voicing range.

Also, while I'm expecting in general that this will enable easy confirmation of matches, it will also enable easy confirmation of mis-matches (intended or unintended) which could be equally valuable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I’m not sure if this has already been requested in the past but thought I’d ask.

Is it possible to add a setting for a default Chord Rules that would be applied to a new composition?
I could not find an existing functionality in the Settings.

I assume that a “Default Chord Rules” could be added to the Settings | New Composition as a dropdown list of the existing chord rules in the Chord Rules Editor.

I assume it would populate the Master Track | Properties | Chord Rules with your chosen default from Settings.
I also assume it would populate the Master Track | Actions | Rule Set with your chosen default from Settings.

I have tried to use the “Open Composition Template…” | “Add Current Composition As Template” after manually setting the Master Track Properties & Actions to the desired Rule Set but the template does not retain the Rule Set when I use the template for a new composition.
Currently, for new Compositions the Master Track Properties & Actions always revert to “Default Major Scale Rules (50 Rules)”.
Maybe I am missing something or where to change the default?

For my attempt to create a template, the Action | Rule Set always comes up as “Default Major Scale Rules (50 Rules)” for the Master Track and the Master Track | Properties does retain what I selected for the template “Pop Major Scale Rules (167 Rules)”. Is that a bug or by design?

I know I could probably set up what I want and save a Composition and load that as a starting point but I am hoping to have a Settings | Miscellaneous | New Composition where I could set defaults for the Master Track.
Is that possible? I’d really like to have a new composition default to a rules set that I choose.

Or please let me know if there is a way to do this currently other than creating a Composition and loading it.

I hope this makes sense.

absolutely cool request.. I have to +1 this.. I really believe to make RC the go to environment all depends on the rules environment. Couple this with adding custom chords to the rules and developing music just became really fun...

I am surprised that the custom setup didn't work as you expected. I have not tried doing that, so, I will play around with the idea..

thanks!

absolutely cool request.. I have to +1 this.. I really believe to make RC the go to environment all depends on the rules environment. Couple this with adding custom chords to the rules and developing music just became really fun...
+1

Return to “MusicDevelopments”