RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:12 pm I'm not "conceding" anything. I simply said I don't ask Rapid to do Acid sounds. I don't have a problem with Rapid's Bandpass filters.
That's right and the reason, I also bought Phoscyon, because that's THE Acid synth! :tu: :D

On the subject of Acid leads, this video may be interesting - the sounds were made in PhasePlant, but the information is useful for any other synth like Rapid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJj-x1vkzw

You do not like Acid Filter in Rapid? I find it give nice acid sound and almost 303 sound also. But I am not expert so maybe I miss some details there.

Question: I noticed the ENVELOPE in Rapid filter section use Envelope B? Is there way to change this to use some other Envelope section or always B?

SoundHunterrr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:45 am Question: I noticed the ENVELOPE in Rapid filter section use Envelope B? Is there way to change this to use some other Envelope section or always B?
You could leave the envelope amount in the filter section at 0 and modulate the filter cutoff with any modulation source that you want. And you can still use Envelope B to modulate any other source. So the hardwired modulation is just a shortcut that you can simply ignore.

gondii wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:04 pm
SoundHunterrr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:45 am Question: I noticed the ENVELOPE in Rapid filter section use Envelope B? Is there way to change this to use some other Envelope section or always B?
You could leave the envelope amount in the filter section at 0 and modulate the filter cutoff with any modulation source that you want. And you can still use Envelope B to modulate any other source. So the hardwired modulation is just a shortcut that you can simply ignore.
Oh yeas! How I missed that totally myself :D Sorry and thank you!!!

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:12 pm
I'm not "conceding" anything. I simply said I don't ask Rapid to do Acid sounds. I don't have a problem with Rapid's Bandpass filters.
Fair enough to be honest I am quite new to the world of Vsts and this could all be down to my own expectations, at this stage I simply don't have enough experience to articulate why Rapids bandpass doesn't sound good to me.
So far I have downloaded demos of Sylenth, Spire, Dune3 and Rapid so I am starting to develop an ear of what to expect from certain things.
If pushed I would say Rapids bandpass is unruly and very quickly over resonates? the volume of certain harmonics quickly gets out of control making it hard to produce good results without very heavy use of an eq.

As I said I don't yet have enough experience to pin it all down, obviously I would like to because the developers seem like reasonable guys who may listen? but I have to give them something tangible rather than blanket criticism.

I have to say though your attitude seems selfish, just because you have no problem with Rapids bandpass filters doesn't mean there is no room for improvement.
Unlike you I want one decent Synth I can learn with, I want to be able to push it as far as it can go without resorting to purchasing mountains of Synths.
I am not asking for feature creep here, would just like to see refinements on the bp filter section.

Jonas Harmon Lane wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:59 pm I have to say though your attitude seems selfish, just because you have no problem with Rapids bandpass filters doesn't mean there is no room for improvement.
You're the one asking for things not me. Who is being "selfish" ?

You seem to have a problem with putting words in people's mouths. I simply said I don't have a problem with Rapid's Bandpass filters. At no point did I say I would be against any improvements if indeed improvements are needed.

Hopefully the developer will respond to your concerns.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 pm I simply said I don't have a problem with Rapid's Bandpass filters. At no point did I say I would be against any improvements if indeed improvements are needed.
Its ok I understand you have no problem with the bp filters because they sound ok to you so lets hope Parawave don't do anything hasty and change them or refine them in anyway.
And with that I will walk on by and try to avoid any discussion especially with you regarding the nuances of a bp filters. Not everyone's hearing sensitivity is the same.

So Jonas, do you think Parawave listened to the bp, said oh these don't' sound good but let us put them in anyway?

Surely it is a matter of taste.... you don't like them, but that doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't like them or that anyone else who does like them hearing is shot, including Mirko and Rene's.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:43 am So Jonas, do you think Parawave listened to the bp, said oh these don't' sound good but let us put them in anyway?

Surely it is a matter of taste.... you don't like them, but that doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't like them or that anyone else who does like them hearing is shot, including Mirko and Rene's.

rsp
zvenx to be truthful I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with the development of Rapid.
I didn't say Mirko and Rene's ears were shot did I?
If I did I am sorry.
You are right though I think this is a simple case of taste and judging by the reaction regarding Rapids Bp filters within this thread it would seem that I am in a minority position which is rather unfortunate.
The best I can do is avoid using them.

Jonas Harmon Lane wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:28 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 pm I simply said I don't have a problem with Rapid's Bandpass filters. At no point did I say I would be against any improvements if indeed improvements are needed.
Its ok I understand you have no problem with the bp filters because they sound ok to you so lets hope Parawave don't do anything hasty and change them or refine them in anyway.
And with that I will walk on by and try to avoid any discussion especially with you regarding the nuances of a bp filters. Not everyone's hearing sensitivity is the same.
Well, let's hope they keep them the same...and add some other/new ones for you :tu:

Jonas Harmon Lane wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:00 am
zvenx wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:43 am So Jonas, do you think Parawave listened to the bp, said oh these don't' sound good but let us put them in anyway?

rsp
zvenx to be truthful I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with the development of Rapid.
I didn't say Mirko and Rene's ears were shot did I?
If I did I am sorry.
You are right though I think this is a simple case of taste and judging by the reaction regarding Rapids Bp filters within this thread it would seem that I am in a minority position which is rather unfortunate.
The best I can do is avoid using them.
No you didn't explicitly, but one of the implications of your statements leads that as possibility to me.
Anyway... maybe they will at some point include new ones that will make you happy, whilst of course keeping the current ones as well.
rsp
sound sculptist

exmatproton wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:03 am
Well, let's hope they keep them the same...and add some other/new ones for you :tu:
Exactly, why change things up at this stage?
I doubt anyone would appreciate Parawave wasting precious development time on the filters just to appease probably the only person in this thread who would benefit.
Really I have passed the point of caring now.

Jonas Harmon Lane wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:28 am Not everyone's hearing sensitivity is the same.
Not everyone's experience and understanding of the subject is the same. :wink:

One thing you have to understand is that your feature request for additional BP Filters is just one on a list of feature requests made by other people.

You'll find that to be true with any synth from any developer.

Your feature request is no more important than any other person's feature requests. All you can do is make your case in a cogent and respectful manner and hope for the best.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”