v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

BluGenes wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:37 pm Attila, - Using the track inspector on a folder, you need to disable some functions.. see pic..
Ouch! I forgot about those!
Thanks!!!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

BluGenes wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:02 am changing color stuff doesn't seem to be saving...
works again.. what I had to do was choose dark theme, then close and re-start RC.. kind of what you said to do in the first place.. lol

RapidComposer v3.9b37 is available!

I have fixed a few things. Thanks for the feedback!

Improvements:
  • Fixed deadlock when displaying an alert when removing folder tracks
  • Removed a few obsolete items from the track inspector (both properties and actions) for folder tracks
  • Fixed: each tab has its own size (again)
  • [Internal rework] variations (you should not realize anything from this)

I showed this off in the beta 36 video, so, in case you didn't watch that, here is a split bug.. If phrase regenerate is set to to Repeat, this is what happens..

Also, not all generators use the newer phrase parameters naming.. e.g., #1, #2, #3, #4, etc. Some still use the old convention, like the melody generator, and a couple others. When you have the name parameters on, and, let's say, apply a melody to a chord generator, you then have both style names on the phrase.

EDIT: Also, I was wondering if anything can be done about using Kontact 6.. In a DAW, I am able to route to a multi instrument single instance of the VST. In RC, I can only use one VST on each track. RC doesn't allow me to use the same instance on a different track.. You could with Kontact 5, though. NI dropped the support for the old style version 5 vst..

other than above, the only new problem is minor, but, important.. Can't change track colors..

BluGenes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:45 am other than above, the only new problem is minor, but, important.. Can't change track colors..
Really? This works here. :?

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:16 am
BluGenes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:45 am other than above, the only new problem is minor, but, important.. Can't change track colors..
Really? This works here. :?
Unless something I changed in settings, but no, I can't get the colors to change.. I shoot a screen shot with a couple of the slider positions..

edit: never mind.. it's the thin line to the left.. I was thinking track header.. sorry..

I found what made the MIDI sliders yellow. Using the same color code for two different things is never a good idea...
I am sorry for inconveniences.
Attila

BluGenes wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:22 pm I showed this off in the beta 36 video, so, in case you didn't watch that, here is a split bug.. If phrase regenerate is set to to Repeat, this is what happens..
Yes, I see what you mean. Resizing is a non-destructive operation, leaving the original phrase intact. At the moment you are advised to render the phrase before splitting to have the result that you expect. The repeated notes do not exist, only in the rendered phrase that is shown. In order to make those notes 'real', separate instances that you can split, please render the phrase. I think it would be better to do this automatically.
BluGenes wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:22 pm Also, not all generators use the newer phrase parameters naming.. e.g., #1, #2, #3, #4, etc. Some still use the old convention, like the melody generator, and a couple others. When you have the name parameters on, and, let's say, apply a melody to a chord generator, you then have both style names on the phrase.
Good point, thank you!
BluGenes wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:22 pm EDIT: Also, I was wondering if anything can be done about using Kontact 6.. In a DAW, I am able to route to a multi instrument single instance of the VST. In RC, I can only use one VST on each track. RC doesn't allow me to use the same instance on a different track.. You could with Kontact 5, though. NI dropped the support for the old style version 5 vst..
You can do that in RC. When you add a VST instrument, check the box "Plug-in handles multiple MIDI channels". If the plug-in is already in the list of VST instruments, look for Kontakt.dll.rcINST and look for "create_new_instance=1; " in the file. Replace the "1" with "0" and save the file.
I see that this is very confusing and I feel bad about it. Today I want to rework Settings / VST.

Thanks!
Attila

Yup, oh man, life just got better.. lol.. I have no clue why I had that setting off in the VST settings.. I know for a fact it was on at some point.. But, as you said, it was off and I did edit the inst file and now it works.

one other request, on a track delete, maybe add a confirm dialog. I am able to hit the delete key and delete the track even if it has stuff on it..

You are just so amazing! Thank you so much for what you do..

I love the new track gain sliders and meters. Great additions, thanks Attila!

Q: What is this display in the Phrase Editor indicating? (Is it an error condition?)

RC - Phrase Editor Display 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

Here is a picture of the first 4m of a composition after I do a .mid file import:

RC = Import RM 4m 02.jpg

I would like to now compare the notes in the phrases with the harmonies (chords) in the Master Track.

I find this virtually impossible to do because of the lack of contextually meaningful note labels on the notes in the phrases.

The only labels I can now see, #1, #2, etc. have no meaning in relationship to the musical harmony of the chords: Bb Gm G5add7 Csus2

Are those notes under the Gm chord G, Bb, and D?

Who knows? I can't tell, not without getting out a ruler and comparing them to the visual of the piano keyboard on the left. Such a procedure could never be considered "Rapid"!

Please, please, give us an option for display of musical note names as labels on notes in phrases.

This is merely asking to see what is actually going to be sounded, yes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

Is there a setting to allow us to configure a desired initial track zoom?

RC - Drag Zoom.jpg

For example, if I always want to have my new track zoomed in enough to read the note names on the left-side keyboard and the labels in the phrase notes, can I currently set that up?

If not, it would a helpful addition!

sj1 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:42 pm I love the new track gain sliders and meters. Great additions, thanks Attila!

Q: What is this display in the Phrase Editor indicating? (Is it an error condition?)
this condition is determined how you set to handle overlapped notes..

see Settings -> Misc -> Editing - > Overlapped notes

BTW, I have tried every setting I can try on the import page to try to make the first two chords of this import as Gm C7.

RC = Import RM 4m 02.jpg

I can't make it happen. Offhand, I would think I should be able to, as the bass notes are G and C respectively.

Given that any harmonic analysis algo will be bound to sometimes give a result other than what the composer wants to see/hear, what would be the manual procedure to correct this situation?

IOW, what can I do to have the RC composition sound just as it did after the moment of import, but based on different harmony labels? (e.g. a "Force Re-Analysis To Chord" operation)

Or, alternatively, could there be a future way to guide the analysis prior to it taking place to get the desired result?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”