2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Omiindustriies r2rawr 5-bit LoFi Digital to Analog Converter...

https://www.omiindustriies.com/r2rawr

I woke up to a bit of good news this morning:

To be continued... :hyper:

I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:46 am I woke up to a bit of good news this morning:

To be continued... :hyper:

oooh...

pekbro wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:54 am Omiindustriies r2rawr 5-bit LoFi Digital to Analog Converter...

https://www.omiindustriies.com/r2rawr

digital signals from?

I imagine it takes gate signals at the D inputs and spits out a 5-bit stepped CV.

justin3am wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:07 pm I imagine it takes gate signals at the D inputs and spits out a 5-bit stepped CV.
Exactly, I use a lot of gates, I love little utilities that modify them or convert them.

Mostly I just got this due to availability, during this pandemic crap it can be hard
to get stuff. This was unit was sold out at her online shop already, even tho I'm
sure it's not in huge demand as modules go.

It's finally here! :wheee:

I've just added a Neutron to my little monosynth collection. :party:

It's feature set and sounds compliment my Mopho quite nicely. I can either use them on separate tracks, or use them together for a massive 4-oscillator, 2-sub oscillator monosynth with tons of modulation options and multiple filters! :love:

Also, I've only had it a couple hours, and I've just barely opened the Pandora's Box of modular synthesis, but I've already thought of some modules I'd like to add! :o
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:53 pm It's finally here! :wheee:

It's feature set and sounds compliment my Mopho quite nicely. I can either use them on separate tracks, or use them together for a massive 4-oscillator, 2-sub oscillator monosynth with tons of modulation options and multiple filters! :love:

Also, I've only had it a couple hours, and I've just barely opened the Pandora's Box of modular synthesis, but I've already thought of some modules I'd like to add! :o
Nice! have fun with that :tu: Modular/Semi-modular is fun stuff definitely...
You should probably take some photos of beautiful women interacting with them,
though I expect you have to pay them for that...

Back in December I Kickstarted the Artiphon Orba. Mine finally arrived yesterday. It's kind of just a toy, but also oddly expressive. As in, it'll send MPE (each of the 8 pads has two dimensions of control plus velocity) but the scales on it are fixed (not even editable with the app). Switching octaves is a pain and usually results in switching modes instead. The available synth sounds seem a bit meh, but to be fair I've only been listening on the built-in speaker. You can only have four sounds at a time on the device and need to upload new ones from the app (there's a choice of about 7 per mode, where the modes are drum, bass, chord and lead). There is no Android app even though the printed quick start guide claims there is. The PC App is buggy as hell, and for some reason, it uses the Orba's tiny speaker when you're playing the tutorial videos and screws up the PC's default audio output device. It won't do MIDI over Bluetooth on PC.

But it's a fun little toy at least (about what I expected). There's an app for configuring the MIDI stuff that I haven't used yet, so maybe it'll be somewhat useful.

My H9000 arrived yesterday. It'll take a few days to get it's analog I/O hooked up to the patch bay but I have the Dante expander for it, so I was able to test somethings out with just a pair of CAT6 cables.

OMG! is not a big enough exclamation. It is truly beyond my expectation, which is not very common these days. The sound quality is extraordinary and the effects algorithms somehow don't become a muddy mess, when you chain a few of them together. My smile just keeps getting bigger, every time I add another effect. I was playing my 2600 though it and then using my tape delay as part of the feedback loop for a PitchFactor algorithm. Beyond bonkers, into the realm of totally overkill.

The Emote software is really easy to use I can't wait to try it out as a plug-in in Bitwig. It's a lot of fun to modulate the Eventide pedals via MIDI but being able to automate a plug-in will make things a lot easier and reduce some MIDI traffic.

I'm going to spend the next week getting familiar with the stock algorithms and figuring out the best signal flow within my Dante network but I can't wait to get into vsig.

Wow! Nice justin congratulations, a holy grail effect box there :tu: Too rich for my blood currently, unfortunately.

pekbro wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:43 pm
justin3am wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:07 pm I imagine it takes gate signals at the D inputs and spits out a 5-bit stepped CV.
Exactly, I use a lot of gates, I love little utilities that modify them or convert them.

i see, thanks both :)
always like to enquire when its something im not acquainted with.

justin3am wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 pm My H9000 arrived yesterday. It'll take a few days to get it's analog I/O hooked up to the patch bay but I have the Dante expander for it, so I was able to test somethings out with just a pair of CAT6 cables.

OMG! is not a big enough exclamation. It is truly beyond my expectation, which is not very common these days. The sound quality is extraordinary and the effects algorithms somehow don't become a muddy mess, when you chain a few of them together. My smile just keeps getting bigger, every time I add another effect. I was playing my 2600 though it and then using my tape delay as part of the feedback loop for a PitchFactor algorithm. Beyond bonkers, into the realm of totally overkill.

The Emote software is really easy to use I can't wait to try it out as a plug-in in Bitwig. It's a lot of fun to modulate the Eventide pedals via MIDI but being able to automate a plug-in will make things a lot easier and reduce some MIDI traffic.

I'm going to spend the next week getting familiar with the stock algorithms and figuring out the best signal flow within my Dante network but I can't wait to get into vsig.
You effing c**t (said affectionately.. ;) ) :tu:
I remember when Eventide came out with the phaser and flanger... then the H910 we were all blown away.. then the H949 .. so long ago..

I've had some good kit in the day pair of MIDAS mixers..2x Neve 2254, 2x DBX160 (still have my KM54 though ))) etc always in pairs.. just one gets lonely.. let us know when you get your second>> :P (ok ok.. it's stereo)
I had my time with top kit... yours is now.. enjoy :party:

As far as purchases go.. I was looking to get an A-142-4 (quad decay) plus A-135-2 (quad VCA / VC Mixer) but just before pulling the trigger, bought a Befaco Percall, which fits in very well with where I'm pushing the rig.. )))

pekbro wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:43 pm Exactly, I use a lot of gates, I love little utilities that modify them or convert them.
Yes, so do I.. the 2hp 3:1 is cool.. can combine up to 3 gates and spit out trigger combinations.. A-162 trig delay is fun.. Erica used to make a T->G that has a lenght probability (cv able) .

McLilith wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:53 pm
Excellent unit.. I love mine.. and plays very well with other modules if you do go that way... :borg:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”