v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

sj1 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:30 pm Hi,

Is there a setting to allow us to configure a desired initial track zoom?

For example, if I always want to have my new track zoomed in enough to read the note names on the left-side keyboard and the labels in the phrase notes, can I currently set that up?

If not, it would a helpful addition!
Sure is.. in settings, new track..

Hi BluGenes. I appreciate the pointer. In fact I'd seen that. It will make the track taller, which has some effect on the size of the left-side keyboard, but it does not seem to affect the zoom itself directly.

IOW, whatever the height of the track, we can Alt-drag the zoom between minimum and maximum, or to put numbers on it, 0% and 100%.

Regardless of the height of the new track in pixels, I'd like to have that zoom % default to a high value (probably 100%, making the left-side keyboard as large as possible).

Others may want a low zoom value, so making it a setting right next to the track height in pixels seems logical to me.
Last edited by sj1 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Exiting from the Chord Selector -

Keyboard-wise, still looking for some Esc or Ctrl-W action ...

but I see that Dbl-Click is also unused here. (It should be an option, but) Using Dbl-Click on a chord button would let the confident user make his or her choice and be outta there super-Rapid!

Anything besides having to navigate to the 'x' in the upper left corner of the window and click it would be a big time-and-motion improvement ... :pray:

Q: In the Jazz template, I see phrases 'midi v1' and BeatGM_Jazz_Swing', but when I search for them via the Search Bar for phrases, they are not found.

Can anyone say why that is?

Offhand, I'd think any phrase in the supplied templates should be in the library and findable.

RC - BeatGM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sj1 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm also noticing that I can't get back to the "see everything" situation, even after I clear the Search Bar of text.

Is there a procedure to get back to normal, or is this a bug?

sj1 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:20 pm I'm also noticing that I can't get back to the "see everything" situation, even after I clear the Search Bar of text.

how are you clearing it? backspace works for me..

When there is a track inside the Track Folder with a solo enabled, it plays), while on the Track Folder itself, the solo is disabled. Where is the logic ? For a long time I could not find: where else is playing, because the solo was ON on one track, but two tracks are playing ...
And maybe someone will tell you .. Is it possible to select (activate) several phrases at the same time that belong to different tracks. I still think not!

BluGenes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:18 pm
sj1 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:20 pm I'm also noticing that I can't get back to the "see everything" situation, even after I clear the Search Bar of text.

how are you clearing it? backspace works for me..
Interesting! Thanks!

I confirm backspacing away the entire search term does clear the search.

Highlighting and deleting all (in a single operation with the Delete key) clears the box, but not the search.

Deleting all the characters forward with the Delete key) also clears the box, but not the search.

If possible, I'd suggest that any operation that results in an empty Search Bar (all text gone) cause the search to be cleared.

lulukom wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:35 pm When there is a track inside the Track Folder with a solo enabled, it plays), while on the Track Folder itself, the solo is disabled. Where is the logic ? For a long time I could not find: where else is playing, because the solo was ON on one track, but two tracks are playing ...
And maybe someone will tell you .. Is it possible to select (activate) several phrases at the same time that belong to different tracks. I still think not!
good catch on the solo.. for phrase selection, there is a setting for that..

for phrase selection, there is a setting for that..
Thank you BlueGenes! I in vain asked Attila for this) Everything is already working!)

lulukom wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:50 pm
for phrase selection, there is a setting for that..
Thank you BlueGenes! I in vain asked Attila for this) Everything is already working!)
no problem.. Yea, he is a busy man.. just glad I don't have to do what he is doing.. lol

sj1 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:39 pm Hi BluGenes. I appreciate the pointer. In fact I'd seen that. It will make the track taller, which has some effect on the size of the left-side keyboard, but it does not seem to affect the zoom itself directly.
I would be in favor of a double click toggle.. zoom to reset and back..

RapidComposer v3.9b38 is available!

Improvements:
  • Settings / VSTi page reworked and simplified
  • 'Lock to scale and chord' button added for phrases
  • All the pages have a small window resize handle at the right bottom corner
  • Splitting phrases work better: all phrases are rendered before splitting to achieve the expected result
  • [Windows] Smoother window resizing when dragging right bottom corner
  • [Internal rework] track and phrase variations UI (you should not realize anything from this)
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:59 pm RapidComposer v3.9b38 is available!

Improvements:
  • 'Lock to scale and chord' button added for phrases

exactly were? not seeing this..

edit: found it!
Last edited by BluGenes on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello Attila!
Thanks for the new beta! I really liked the new lock on the phrases and especially the fact that turning on the lock corrects the absolute phrase.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”