Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:21 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:21 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:48 pm Apparently that video event is at 7PM BST (8PM GMT)
Yup (in 40 minutes from now)
Was really good until his stream went tits up and froze on the Q&A bit
cherryDan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:06 am I can tell you that the surprises are still coming. Stay tuned!

- Dan @ Cherry
Was there a plan for something new announced at the end of that video stream or are the surprises a little further away still?
first, no second time in a stream, strangely met people i know.. haha.. mixed things up...

surprises yes, we love it!

Great watch, showing how fast and easy to build everything from scratch. Love how much he enjoyed doing it, with that famous vintage deep voice :) https://youtu.be/dLgHo2VFSuA
All the presets from the stream http://bit.ly/32fSfgE
Last edited by crystalmsc on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:59 pm Mod Delay is crazy good for such a simple one
Glad you are digging it! :D Speaking of Mod Delay, I just submitted an updated version (build #6) which has a slightly optimized HQ mode. Probably not a huge difference with modern processors, but in patches that use a bunch of Mod delays, you might save some CPU cycles. After the CA guys have approved the new build, it should update automatically when you start VM.

crystalmsc wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:23 pm Great watch, showing how fast and easy to build everything from scratch. Love how much he enjoyed doing it, with that famous vintage deep voice :)
All the presets from the stream http://bit.ly/32fSfGe
I just get a 404 error for this?
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Hi Captain, it's great for being in touch with the maker. Thank you for creating such an awesome module, I really like your perception of sound. You also add more modules to bundle with no extra cost, which is very nice. Will there be more stuff for this? Such as interesting update/presets/bundle, would love to see more of this series. A dedicated 224 module maybe? With some extras such as the HD and Super Massive version with freeze. I'm more into the the original than the XL, but never hurt to have that as well.
Kypresso wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:44 pmI just get a 404 error for this?
Updated http://bit.ly/32fSfgE

Should be working now.

I just picked up Year 1 and 2 collections, PSP Ultimate Modular Collection, Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums, Vult Fury Bundle, and the Wavetable Oscillator Bundle! That “free” plugin I downloaded just became one of the most expensive plugins I own! :lol: As soon as the pandemic is over I might even get to play with it. :cry:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:10 am I just picked up Year 1 and 2 collections, PSP Ultimate Modular Collection, Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums, Vult Fury Bundle, and the Wavetable Oscillator Bundle! That “free” plugin I downloaded just became one of the most expensive plugins I own! :lol: As soon as the pandemic is over I might even get to play with it. :cry:
That's some fun stuff to play with. It isn't immediately obvious what some of the Vult modules do, but here's a nice video of some of them together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d28MwSFN3GQ

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

The Vult stuff is good, practically the only stuff you would need. He needs to make some more
hardware that guy :tu:

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:10 amthe most expensive plugins I own! :lol:
You really got them all! But wait..no Lab and Zeroscillator, no better than hardware stuff..cmon sale is almost over :hihi:

Seriously, for the amount of stuff and quality we got here, could be way more expensive if all were separated products. Where else to get such an awesome FM, Vector, Arp 2600, Juno-106 and Polymoog for 50 bucks.

Has anybody written any good reviews, or even comparisons, between some of the major Voltage third-party bundles? I mean like Vult, MRB, Macaulay, PSP, Benard, Weevil ... as someone almost completely new to this modular world, I even have a hard time understanding what a lot of those even do.

Or a related question: Why does the Macaulay Ultimate bundle seem like such a wildly better deal than Vult or Benard? Do they do completely different things? Are the latter ones significantly better than the Macaulay ones, and if so, how/why?

Happy to hear opinions, but pointers to any written or video roundups would be even better!
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

The PSP, Macaulay and Hetrick bundles are also critical purchases imo.

Ceej wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:25 am Why does the Macaulay Ultimate bundle seem like such a wildly better deal than Vult or Benard? Do they do completely different things? Are the latter ones significantly better than the Macaulay ones, and if so, how/why?
It’s hard to quantify as they do indeed do different things. A lot of the Bernard stuff is to do with generating pseudo-random patterns or using maths to drive interesting routing choices, Vult has some of that too, but also more skewed towards quality sound sources and filters, the Macaulay bundle is more a load of useful utility modules for splitting/combining/altering signals in some way.
The pricing is pretty arbitrary tbh, I think CherryAudio lets the creators set the prices.
Ceej wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:25 am pointers to any written or video roundups would be even better! pointers to any written or video roundups would be even better!
unfortunately I haven’t seen much in the way of third party bundle reviews, just the stuff on Cherry Audio’s own YT channel which mainly covers their own modules and bundles.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I don't think these modules that are emulating classic synths sound especially convincing, but the whole thing with mpe and touch screen compatibility is cool.

Are there modules to scale the mpe modulations? Like curves to modify the expresions?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:27 amI don't think these modules that are emulating classic synths sound especially convincing
I didn't see them as a precise emulation as well, more of inspired by those synths with a great hardware sounding vibe. Glad to own another variant of the 303, the Cloud version sounds more authentic while the VM version sounds a bit more open. The same with the VM Juno which is sounding glorious. As a Korg MS-20m owner, the plugin sounds more authentic but the VM version sounds more hardware like. Never gel with the Arturia 2600 V, way prefer the VM version, equally with Korg Arp plugin and Korgasmatron II. I own TG77/33 and DX7 mk1, but FM Station reminds me the most of TX81z. eFeMeriser sounds more DX7 to me, while Zeroscillator..well, better than hardware :) prefer those compared to Rubicon which sound a bit too sterile for my taste, but it has it's own use. Xils PolyM sounds on the darker side, while Polymode is a bit more modern which suits me better. Vector is like a modern sounding Wavestation and TG-33 which are my favorite Vector hardware. But above all, for being able to layer with different engines, I finally have a feeling of owning a modern TG77, along with Falcon and Phase Plant. But VM has the most vintage vibe, while the later two are on the modern side.
Last edited by crystalmsc on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:27 am I don't think these modules that are emulating classic synths sound especially convincing, but the whole thing with mpe and touch screen compatibility is cool.

Are there modules to scale the mpe modulations? Like curves to modify the expresions?
No, it would be great to have the formula module in poly format.
Best
YY

Return to “Instruments”