Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

I’m a little curious as to why Dexed’s PMD control won’t accept a CC 01 (mod wheel) assignment. It’ll accept assignments from CC 02 and up, but not 01. Seems a bit strange.
On a number of Macs

surreal wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:11 pm I wish we could get a dx11 or tx81z in a similar spirit or vein as dexed!!
Should be payware. Dexed is amazingly close to DX7 hardware.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Just ran Dexed for the first time, and it is very impressive. Great job programmers!

I do have a suggestion though: (observed in standalone)

After selecting a new preset, I notice I have to use the mouse to click on the onscreen piano keyboard before I can play sounds (to audition that new preset) with the QWERTY keyboard.

It would be oh-so-much more efficient if the QWERTY keyboard could be live immediately upon selection of a new preset without any action required to make it so.

What is the latest Dexed release?

electro wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:23 pm What is the latest Dexed release?
The latest stable release is 0.9.4 https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/

The Surge fork beta is deb69c1-BETA at https://surge-synth-team.org/dexed/

electro wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:37 pm Sept 6?
https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed/releases/tag/Nightly
That was the latest build of the Surge fork, yes...

The Surge Synth Team is also working on Dexed? That's just awesome, I love you guys.

electro wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:52 pm
surreal wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:11 pm I wish we could get a dx11 or tx81z in a similar spirit or vein as dexed!!
Should be payware. Dexed is amazingly close to DX7 hardware.
I'm comparing Dexed to MODX. I loaded the same original DX7 patches on both. Man! They are so closed that if not 100% identical, then 99% :o

I didn't compare many patches, but Marimba, E.Organ 1 and CLAV 1 are damn closed that can't tell which! :)

I'm not saying that Dexed and FM-X are identical because there are differences of course in specifications, but as DX7 emulations, both seems very similar (if not identical!).

Sure , phase modulatin is phase modulation
Why would the math in dexed be any different then the modx ?
The ony difference would be the resolution of the sinewaves
Now set dexed to oldskool mode and hear the crunchiness :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Well, there are so much to learn about FM. I'm always fascinated by it since the 80's! I wish that Dexed can be the front end for MODX as it is for the DX7 variations. The sysex files need to be converted before being usable in MODX. They can't be imported directly.

Could we get an A/B mute switch to toggle Dexed from Internal Synth engine to External MIDI ports?

i mainly use vst2 plugins, but when i saw this vst3 version of dexed with bigger gui, then there was no question about installing :)

The surge fork is MPEified. Did that change get into the main branch already?

Is there any way to browse presets without clicking with the mouse?
I got a bad case of repetitive strain injury and tend to work from my keys as much as possible.

Return to “Instruments”