One Synth Challenge #139: Fury-800 by Full Bucket Music (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for the info! I've replaced the Arturia Reverb with OrilRiver by Denis Thianov.
https://soundcloud.com/christianhenning ... om-the-80s

MalToné wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:49 pm @elviecho, @dorayaki,

Welcome to the OSC! Nice tracks, I'm always impressed with entries like these that get a good sound with a minimum of synth instances...not like my 30+ entries
Thank you for the commendation!

Wow, an extraordinary number of early submissions this month! :o And, importantly, good quality! :clap:

elviecho wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:28 pm Thank you for the info! I've replaced the Arturia Reverb with OrilRiver by Denis Thianov.
https://soundcloud.com/christianhenning ... om-the-80s
That's a cool track ☺️

@MalToné
Thank you, I appreciate your comment!

https://soundcloud.com/mrshifrin/shifri ... ne-osc-139

I used 17 instances of Fury-800 in Reaper 6.12c, other effects used were :

Airwindows Baxandall x 3
Airwindows BussColors x 2
Airwindows Capacitor2 x 5
Airwindows Distortion x 1
Airwindows Interstage x 1
Airwindows PurestGain x 3
JS Midi Arpeggiator x 1
JS Ping Pong Pan x 1
JS Stereo Enhancer x 1
JS Time Adjustment Delay x 2
Kilohearts Delay x 6
Kilohearts Stereo x 1
Klanghelm DC1A3 x 1
Klanghelm MJUCjr x 2
ReaControlMIDI x 1
ReaEQ x 6
Sleepy-time DSP StereoChannel x 4
Sleepy-time DSP Transient x 1
TDR Kotelnikov x 1
TDR VOS SlickEQ x 3
Valhalla Supermassive x 1
Vladg Limiter No 6 x 1
Voxengo MSED x 1
Voxengo OldSkoolVerb x 1
Voxengo SPAN x 1
Voxengo StereoTouch x 2
Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (FREE) x 1

Cheers, Shif.
Last edited by Shifrin on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

I finally managed to get some time for putting together a track and an OSC.

16 instances of Fury 800 in Ableton Live 10
FX are all Live native: EQ8, Compressor, Gate, Glue, Delay, Filter Delay, Saturator, Reverb, Limiter, SPAN
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So, I was sitting on my couch, down with a slight cold and with the kids at their mom's place, playing some Erik Satie-inspired notes on my chinese plywood strat while watching the new season of The Boys, and figured "Hey, this sounds kinda nice and I haven't done a OSC in ages". So, three hours later; here we go! Might be considered plagiarism or a bleak pastiche. To that i say: So sue me, monsieur Satie!

Cover art by my youngest spawn.

mehum - Release Döh Fackin Fjöri
https://soundcloud.com/neophile/mehum-r ... ckin-fjori

DAW: Reaper 6
Played on my Kawaii K1 keyboard into a single instance of Fury-800 (not really for the vague chance of 30 bucks, but seemed fitting for the piece). The sound is based on the Acoustic Piano factory patch, but tweaked of course...

Also featuring:
* Abstract Chamber (Signaldust)
* Sanford Delay (Sanford Sound Design)
* Molot (Vladislav Goncharov)
* Limiter No8 (Vladislav Goncharov)
One instance of each of above... The dynamic processors really don't do much, mostly to tame any odd peak...

Enjoy the challenge, all of you! :love:

Damn, haven't posted on Soundcloud in a while... The spam accounts seem rampant...

Wow, likes and comments already!
"Boost your views for free"
"See me nekkid"
"Repost 10000 times for free"

mehum wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:25 pm Damn, haven't posted on Soundcloud in a while... The spam accounts seem rampant...

Wow, likes and comments already!
"Boost your views for free"
"See me nekkid"
"Repost 10000 times for free"
Yep, got the nekkid one six minutes after uploading.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:28 pm Yep, got the nekkid one six minutes after uploading.
I think my computer has syphilis now... :cry:

mehum wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:33 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:28 pm Yep, got the nekkid one six minutes after uploading.
I think my computer has syphilis now... :cry:
:hihi: Good one!

I never get the nekked one! Maybe my profile pic is too scary even for the spammers?
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Sent him a pic of me nekked, but never got an answer... :clown:

https://soundcloud.com/chavapoulos/osc-139-first-draft

Here's a sample of my percussion set and a first draft and rough mix of what I'm working on for OSC 139.

I'm looking for feedback on the mix: I tried not to overly EQ things and kill the highs. Also, perhaps the kick needs less level, ambience or maybe a shorter decay and attack? It sounds a little boomey in the low/mid.

Edit: So maybe I'm hearing the ambience of the snare and kick competing or muddying things? I'm thinking less ambience on both but a little more on the snare...

Thanks, you guys and gals are awesome!
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

MalToné wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:13 pm
Here's a sample of my percussion set and a first draft and rough mix of what I'm working on for OSC 139.
Are these sounds produced only by the Fury-800 or are there external effects? The sounds are very distinctive, especially the percussion, as if it is from some EMU Emulator or similar sampler of those times. I don't know what your plans are, but I think it would be possible to lower the high here for the sake of imitating an outdated devices)

Return to “Instruments”