NI launching 'stand alone hardware' Maschine + (leak)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:18 pm
tapper mike wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:14 pm . Even if we disagree we keep civility to the conversation.
you new here? :hihi:
Well... I can tell you that one way to know you're not new here, is when you're not surprised to find on page 8 of a thread about a standalone hardware instrument, people found a way to talk about Bitwig and Reaper.

I am surprised there's only 8 pages for an NI release though.

But if there's a page 90... I'm sure someone will have brought up Bitwig and or Reaper there too.

elxsound wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:58 am
vurt wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:18 pm
tapper mike wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:14 pm . Even if we disagree we keep civility to the conversation.
you new here? :hihi:
Well... I can tell you that one way to know you're not new here, is when you're not surprised to find on page 8 of a thread about a standalone hardware instrument, people found a way to talk about Bitwig and Reaper.

I am surprised there's only 8 pages for an NI release though.

But if there's a page 90... I'm sure someone will have brought up Bitwig and or Reaper there too.
TBF, more laughable is the discussion around Orion, discontinued aeons ago. At least the other 2 are viable alternatives to HW, albeit equally yawn-inducing in this thread.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

So in a thread about something that could replace your software set-up, you find it strange that people still want to talk about their software set-up? It seems perfectly valid to me to talk about the alternatives as well as the thing itself.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:22 am So in a thread about something that could replace your software set-up, you find it strange that people still want to talk about their software set-up? It seems perfectly valid to me to talk about the alternatives as well as the thing itself.
'As well as', yes, of course.

As a reader and learner, rather than a writer here (in general) I just wish there was more about the HW but GS has got it covered on that front, so my disappointment every time I click here and get more talk on R/B/O is not really an issue, for sure.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:40 am
BONES wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:22 am So in a thread about something that could replace your software set-up, you find it strange that people still want to talk about their software set-up? It seems perfectly valid to me to talk about the alternatives as well as the thing itself.
'As well as', yes, of course.

As a reader and learner, rather than a writer here (in general) I just wish there was more about the HW but GS has got it covered on that front, so my disappointment every time I click here and get more talk on R/B/O is not really an issue, for sure.
Until it's released what else is there to discuss? The song timeline is changing, but we don't have access to it, so we can't know how well it works. It would be fanfuckingtastic if they finally allowed for multiple time signatures in the same song, but we can't know until it's released at this point. It Massive in stand alone cut down? no idea, in comparison the MPC Live version of Vacuum is less complex...

You kind of run out of things to talk about until actual forum members have the hardware, and the updated software is released.

revvy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:40 am As a reader and learner, rather than a writer here (in general)
Lol! my average is 12 posts a day, yours is 232. :hihi:

machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:41 am
revvy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:40 am As a reader and learner, rather than a writer here (in general)
Your average is 0.41 per day, over 17 years, mine is 7.68 a day, spread over a few months. Mostly in one HPC thread which I no longer frequent and off-topic chit chat. Oh, and guitars.

For music tech, I generally read. However, in this thread since the 3 of you started your yawn-worthy conversation you are indeed right, nothing for me to learn. hihi.

EDIT: yes, I do post a lot of nonsense in the nonsense threads, tru dat. Bit of a distraction while WFH but I am a bit ashamed of my KVRAF status so should tone it down.
Last edited by revvy on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:34 am Until it's released what else is there to discuss? The song timeline is changing, but we don't have access to it, so we can't know how well it works. It would be fanfuckingtastic if they finally allowed for multiple time signatures in the same song, but we can't know until it's released at this point. It Massive in stand alone cut down? no idea, in comparison the MPC Live version of Vacuum is less complex...

You kind of run out of things to talk about until actual forum members have the hardware, and the updated software is released.
Lots of people already have it and we know most things by now (although admittedly not about mixing time signatures - I guess not):

https://youtu.be/boTPmNDfA5I

https://youtu.be/lS1C67D0raU

https://youtu.be/s5rYl0tCzzU

No, the plugins do not seem to be "cut down", but obviously you won't have access to ALL parameters with only banks of 8 encoders - you start with presets & shape them to your needs. If you need a more particular sound, you make it with a VST on computer, set up your macros and save that as a preset and transfer it to M+. At least that's the current consensus.

Had I known 6 weeks ago that the M+ is coming, I'd definitely wait for it instead of getting MPC One, even though it's 2x more expensive. I wasn't familiar with neither of MPC or Maschine workflows and standalone synths are the key for me.

But right now I'll just wait to see how Akai responds with MPC 3.0 and new synths :pray:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:52 am
machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:34 am Until it's released what else is there to discuss? The song timeline is changing, but we don't have access to it, so we can't know how well it works. It would be fanfuckingtastic if they finally allowed for multiple time signatures in the same song, but we can't know until it's released at this point. It Massive in stand alone cut down? no idea, in comparison the MPC Live version of Vacuum is less complex...

Lots of people already have it and we know most things by now (although admittedly not about mixing time signatures - I guess not):

https://youtu.be/boTPmNDfA5I

https://youtu.be/lS1C67D0raU

https://youtu.be/s5rYl0tCzzU

No, the plugins do not seem to be "cut down", but obviously you won't have access to ALL parameters with several banks of 8 encoders - you start with presets & shape them to your needs. If you need a more particular sound, you make it with a VST on computer, set up your macros and save that as a preset and transfer it to M+. At least that's the current consensus.

Had I known M+ is coming 6 weeks ago, I'd definitely wait for it instead of getting MPC One, even though it's 2x more expensive.

But right now I'll just wait to see how Akai responds with MPC 3.0 and new synths :pray:
True, but is it OK I keep banging on about how dissatisfied I am with Live after using it for 20 years and how Logic and DP blah blah blah? Did I say I've been using Live for 20 years?

j/k with you, thanks for the post, bit of on-topic video to watch

revvy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:55 amTrue, but is it OK I keep banging on about how dissatisfied I am with Live after using it for 20 years and how Logic and DP blah blah blah? Did I say I've been using Live for 20 years?
Sure, as long as the conclusion is you're moving to Bitwig ;) :D

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:58 am
revvy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:55 amTrue, but is it OK I keep banging on about how dissatisfied I am with Live after using it for 20 years and how Logic and DP blah blah blah? Did I say I've been using Live for 20 years?
Sure, as long as the conclusion is you're moving to Bitwig ;) :D

🍻

antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:52 am No, the plugins do not seem to be "cut down", but obviously you won't have access to ALL parameters with only banks of 8 encoders - you start with presets & shape them to your needs. If you need a more particular sound, you make it with a VST on computer, set up your macros and save that as a preset and transfer it to M+. At least that's the current consensus.

Had I known 6 weeks ago that the M+ is coming, I'd definitely wait for it instead of getting MPC One, even though it's 2x more expensive. I wasn't familiar with neither of MPC or Maschine workflows and standalone synths are the key for me.

So, no one know about time signatures like I said, and apparently they are cut down. Maybe not internally, but definitely as far as access to the parameters. It's entirely possible to have a full fledged version on the Maschine, even more so on the MPCs with the touch screen.

I have Maschine Studio and it gets the same updates, and as usual, I'm not expecting a single person in any of those fluff videos to go over the new Song window or time signatures, if NI bothered to fix it, or if it remains a math game with terrifying changing timelines when synced to a DAW. :smack:

revvy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:49 am
machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:41 am
Your average is 0.41 per day, over 17 years, mine is 7.68 a day, spread over a few months. Mostly in one HPC thread which I no longer frequent and off-topic chit chat. Oh, and guitars.

For music tech, I generally read. However, in this thread since the 3 of you started your yawn-worthy conversation you are indeed right, nothing for me to learn. hihi.

EDIT: yes, I do post a lot of nonsense in the nonsense threads, tru dat. Bit of a distraction while WFH but I am a bit ashamed of my KVRAF status so should tone it down.
Yeah I divided by months not days! :clown:
The point was you attempted to say you were here just to listen and learn, an obvious LIE! :x

Anyway, I think Mk3 is ok. But I don't need the + version.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:46 am
The point was you attempted to say you were here just to listen and learn, an obvious LIE! :x
You made me embarrassed 'bout my post count now. Shame on you.

I successfully left Ableton forum years ago, that was a fun place for a while, lots of quite extreme posters before they modded it more.
Last edited by revvy on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”