Komplete 13, ladies and gents

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:00 am If you can spend right now, just get the K12U CE Upgrade (from K8-11U) from Thomann. Register it before 1st October and get K13U CE for free. This is confirmed news. It's almost 50% deal and you do not need to wait too.
Dude, I owe you a beer. Thanks!
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

nachenko wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:00 am If you can spend right now, just get the K12U CE Upgrade (from K8-11U) from Thomann. Register it before 1st October and get K13U CE for free. This is confirmed news. It's almost 50% deal and you do not need to wait too.
You're welcome. It would be great to discuss all things music with a few beers for sure. Cheers! :tu:

Does anyone have experience with updating Komplete Standard to the new version, and then upgrading to Ultimate (same version) later? Will an update from K12 to K13 count towards the upgrade price I'd later have to pay for K13U? I can't find anything on the official pages that suggests it would...

I am very tempted to update from K12 to K13 once that is on sale, but Ultimate is a step too far for me at this moment (even at 50%).

xbow wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:22 am Does anyone have experience with updating Komplete Standard to the new version, and then upgrading to Ultimate (same version) later? Will an update from K12 to K13 count towards the upgrade price I'd later have to pay for K13U? I can't find anything on the official pages that suggests it would...

I am very tempted to update from K12 to K13 once that is on sale, but Ultimate is a step too far for me at this moment (even at 50%).
If I got you right, it won't count, unfortunately. However, assuming K12 is your base version, you could resell K13 Update later, and buy K13U/K14U/etc. Upgrade from your K12. But do remember that standard update resell value is next to nothing mostly.

I would highly recommend that you go with Komplete 13 Ultimate if you can. I don't see any significant benefit in going from K12 to K13 Standard, except perhaps Guitar Rig 6 from what I recall off the top of my head.

My suggestion would be to buy K12U Upgrade for your K12 right now through Thomann or Gear4Music. Register it by end of this month (important) and receive K13U for free. A significant jump for the price.

xbow wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:22 am Does anyone have experience with updating Komplete Standard to the new version, and then upgrading to Ultimate (same version) later? Will an update from K12 to K13 count towards the upgrade price I'd later have to pay for K13U? I can't find anything on the official pages that suggests it would...
What do you mean by that?

You pay for the update from K12 to K13 (normal upgrade price), and then you pay for the update from K13 to K13U (normal upgrade price).

Why don't you just upgrade from K12 to K13U though? The price for that is 388,94 € for me (I own Komplete 12 Standard).

Thank you guys for clarifying, you understood me correctly.

Personally, I cannot justify spending another € 300 in the near future, because I will hardly have the time to actually use most of it. But at some point, that may change.

However, there are many small things included in K13 standard that would make it worth € 100 (always assuming there will be a 50% sale).
chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 am Why don't you just upgrade from K12 to K13U though? The price for that is 388,94 € for me (I own Komplete 12 Standard).
Interesting, in my account the update from K12 to K13U is € 583.90 ... So there seem to be individual differences in prices offered.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 am I would highly recommend that you go with Komplete 13 Ultimate if you can. I don't see any significant benefit in going from K12 to K13 Standard, except perhaps Guitar Rig 6 from what I recall off the top of my head.
For me, Electric Sunburst plus a few new Kontakt instruments, Maschine expansions and Presets would do it. Nothing groundbreaking, but many nice-to-haves.

But based on what you write, I might actually hold off even on the small update until I am really serious about going Ultimate.

xbow wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:30 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 am I would highly recommend that you go with Komplete 13 Ultimate if you can. I don't see any significant benefit in going from K12 to K13 Standard, except perhaps Guitar Rig 6 from what I recall off the top of my head.
For me, Electric Sunburst plus a few new Kontakt instruments, Maschine expansions and Presets would do it. Nothing groundbreaking, but many nice-to-haves.

You're welcome. Note that prices offered when you are logged in to your NI account are same for all, so there is some confusion here. Or perhaps the price mentioned by chk071 was from a reseller.

Honestly, the real deal is Electric Sunburst Deluxe. But yeah, if you only want ready patterns, the standard version is fine.
But based on what you write, I might actually hold off even on the small update until I am really serious about going Ultimate.
This. If you are really into NI ecosystem, I would suggest going with Ultimate when ready.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:50 am Honestly, the real deal is Electric Sunburst Deluxe. But yeah, if you only want ready patterns, the standard version is fine.
I agree! But I could then probably get a relatively cheap upgrade to Sunburst Deluxe here on KVR.

xbow wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:03 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:50 am Honestly, the real deal is Electric Sunburst Deluxe. But yeah, if you only want ready patterns, the standard version is fine.
I agree! But I could then probably get a relatively cheap upgrade to Sunburst Deluxe here on KVR.
Yes, you surely will. One here (expensive though, would not pay more than $40). :tu: I recently only sold my Deluxe Upgrade/Update.

Sorry for the plug, but I have a few more NI items for sale here if you are interested: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=551823

Best of luck. :)

xbow wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:30 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 am Why don't you just upgrade from K12 to K13U though? The price for that is 388,94 € for me (I own Komplete 12 Standard).
Interesting, in my account the update from K12 to K13U is € 583.90 ... So there seem to be individual differences in prices offered.
My bad... what I stated was the upgrade price from K12U to K13U. My upgrade price from standard Komplete (I logged in now) is 583,90 €, just like yours.

There are no individual price offers based on the content you own.

OK- this is crazy, so based on:

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-an ... -K11U/2NUR

I already own KU12 - so if I buy the KU12 update 'again' I get a free upgrade to KU13 for 170, but if I buy the upgrade from KU12 to KU13 it costs me 360....

Do you think I need to check with NI that I can register the upgrade twice!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 am
You're welcome. It would be great to discuss all things music with a few beers for sure. Cheers! :tu:
This is excellent value for sure, before I plonk down the £££ - where is it confirmed? Thanks!!!

My suggestion would be to buy K12U Upgrade for your K12 right now through Thomann or Gear4Music. Register it by end of this month (important) and receive K13U for free. A significant jump for the price.
So this would mean 380 € instead of 580 €? I'm tempted, I also have Komplete 12 and if Guitar Rig 6 turns out good, this will be something i definitively want to have. As a MASCHINE user, more expensions sounds good, too. Is there any official statement about then being able to update to Komplete 13 Ultimate from 12 Ultimate?

dineshk wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:55 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 am
This is excellent value for sure, before I plonk down the £££ - where is it confirmed? Thanks!!!
Welcome! I have personally confirmed this with NI, twice. And guys on VIC too. The live chat is on right now, so you can personally confirm the same if you want and keep the chat transcript with you.

:tu:

TVbene wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:57 am

So this would mean 380 € instead of 580 €? I'm tempted, I also have Komplete 12 and if Guitar Rig 6 turns out good, this will be something i definitively want to have. As a MASCHINE user, more expensions sounds good, too. Is there any official statement about then being able to update to Komplete 13 Ultimate from 12 Ultimate?
There is no official announcement/statement, but it's confirmed. Please see my reply above.

I highly recommend chatting with NI support right now. They are live.

The important thing is to ensure you register it in this month, so that there will be no hassle and the update/upgrade will be automatic.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”