So I bought Trueno synth.. And here's the review!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
SneakyBeats
KVRist
181 posts since 29 Jun, 2020

Post Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:43 pm

I have this too :D Not using it much though.. Seems like the website of the creator is down?

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
10359 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:58 pm

It was up a while back when I was having render problems so it might just be temporary. I don't use it as much as I should.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 (Core i7, 32GB RAM, RTX2060, Win10), UR44C | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, Vacuum Pro, Equator, Arcsyn, Pigments, Phase Plant, Union, Substance, TRK-01 | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova.

AdvancedFollower
KVRian
695 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Post Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:20 am

Still seems to be down :(
Kind of a shame this appears abandoned, was interested in buying at some point in the future.

Zero dB
KVRist
184 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from London, UK

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:17 am

It's pretty appalling that the developer's disappeared, after such a short amount of time. Shows very little respect for those that purchased the synth.

My Trueno frequently goes glitchy and unusable, has the audio disappear, or crashes my DAW. It's great when it works but the usability is a bit of a nightmare. I had my first one replaced and the second still does this, though slightly less. Dodgy hardware or buggy software... or both? Either way, there's not much comeback now it seems.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:49 pm

I feel a bit sorry for the developer because he did such a great job with it and has probably lost a substantial amount of money. But no, let's make it all about you instead. Yes, every now and then it goes a bit crazy but you just unplug it and plug it back in and it's fine. It's rare enough that it wouldn't worry me using it on stage. It's certainly not so bad that I'd even bother contacting the dev over.
Last edited by BONES on Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 (Core i7, 32GB RAM, RTX2060, Win10), UR44C | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, Vacuum Pro, Equator, Arcsyn, Pigments, Phase Plant, Union, Substance, TRK-01 | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova.

SneakyBeats
KVRist
181 posts since 29 Jun, 2020

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:03 am

Now the site says that it's a security risk.

revvy
KVRAF
1704 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 am

I feel a bit sorry for the dev and also any customers who have non-optimal units. My sympathy can spread to both sides of the transaction.

AdvancedFollower
KVRian
695 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 pm

SneakyBeats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:03 am
Now the site says that it's a security risk.
That's just an issue with the SSL Certificate (for HTTPS), it doesn't mean trying to visit the site will somehow put your system at risk.
I still hope it's just a temporary outage, as I would have assumed a discontinuation of the product would have been announced beforehand to give people time to download drivers etc.

bungle
KVRAF
1674 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Post Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:36 pm

Was discontinued months back, I had one and it was basically useless, it had nothing but issues and ran so hot it was actually scary, luckily I got a refund from G4M who confirmed they are now discontinued so couldnt send a replacement, after getting no reply from the developer, he replied about three months later, I never bothered trying to source another.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Mine runs hot but not overly so. It is analogue after all, so it will always run hot. I've never had much trouble with mine, it's been great.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”