IKs MixBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mixtur.se wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:01 am A multi-band splitter (and modulation, as previously mentioned) for the rack would have made this tempting, but as things stand there’s nothing in there I can’t do with my DAW and existing IK plugins.
No tape machines (beyond cassette)?

It does look great and would have bought this if I didn’t have most of the stuff already. Great value for anyone starting out.
Good suggestions. I really would drool over the larger tape machines (though cassette is very cool, obviously is leagues behind a virtual large-format multitrack tape machine) too. They are pretty resource intensive so instant recall of those using multiple instances etc might be a little tricky. I won't mention any of that when I ask again about those :)

zvenx wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 pm I didn't realise how literally you meant it.
rsp
Literally the same effects as in ST4, wow!

Like Serum, it looks to be just the effects version of ST4, only xfer doesn't charge for their effects version..

Except the new reverbs, tape cassette module, wet/dry, instant recall of racks, sidechaining, etc. But if it isn't for you, by all means don't buy it. Use another "free effects version" with whatever features and sound quality that gets you in comparison. Use both or any combination of the great options out there, there's a huge amount of effects available to mix and match and blend and mangle. That's the great thing about having options. They'll always be different but something else may suit you more and that's cool.

Edit (twice due to fat fingers and BBcode not playing well together) - and to those who found MixBox suitable, I forgot to thank you as we had a great opening day for MixBox and hope more folks demo it and see if it suits their needs. Thanks again!

I am actually curious, and you probably can't say, why of all the things to change out would be the csr stuff coded by Martin Lind, who indeed imho is in the top two software reverb coders. Unless of course, those were old and you got Martin/Relab to make you newer versions :)

Edit: no the new ones are definitely not Martin Lind's.
rsp
sound sculptist

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:46 pm Except the new reverbs, tape cassette module, wet/dry, instant recall of racks, sidechaining, etc. But if it isn't for you, by all means don't buy it. Use another "free effects version" with whatever features and sound quality that gets you in comparison. Use both or any combination of the great options out there, there's a huge amount of effects available to mix and match and blend and mangle. That's the great thing about having options. They'll always be different but something else may suit you more and that's cool.
Just curious, why didn't you release the new modules as seperate plugins ?
More BPM please

Great - a third effects host from IK that is neither compatible with their other ones nor any 3rd party plugins - exactly what the world needs. Will it come with another custom-shop too?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

dionenoid wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:12 pm
https://youtu.be/AoK1-6tE7mo
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:46 pm Except the new reverbs, tape cassette module, wet/dry, instant recall of racks, sidechaining, etc. But if it isn't for you, by all means don't buy it. Use another "free effects version" with whatever features and sound quality that gets you in comparison. Use both or any combination of the great options out there, there's a huge amount of effects available to mix and match and blend and mangle. That's the great thing about having options. They'll always be different but something else may suit you more and that's cool.
Always pretty pas ag for a company online ambassador.

Product does seem to look like old wrapped up in new but as I think most of the FX are very good, if you don't already have them then this could be appealing.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

dionenoid wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:12 pm
Wait for T-Racks 6 announcement? I'm expecting "new" modules there or even Mixbox format (GUI size) as a new addition to the package.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 pm Yup, all modules included, only one version, no demo modules installed...no shop, no presets you can’t use without buying more stuff...all a major plus for this new format!
Should have addressed this part too because I see some jaded responses already. I have stated that we're going to address the "all T-RackS processors installed" issue but it is not trivial (though some armchair programmers seem to think it is) and the fact that MixBox addresses this in its release could be seen as positive motion in that direction and fortify what I had said but... This is KVR.
Hi Peter, I have uninstalled T-Racks from my machine for just this reason. Having all of the modules installed just cluttered up my plugin menus in the DAW. I had a hard time remembering which were activated and which were not. Very frustrating! Offer a selection for installing specific modules, or at least provide an uninstaller for the ones not needed.

At least with MixBox I have no need to worry about that. Definite negative for T-Racks, but I like MixBox! Good job with that!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:29 pm Hi Peter, I have uninstalled T-Racks from my machine for just this reason. Having all of the modules installed just cluttered up my plugin menus in the DAW. I had a hard time remembering which were activated and which were not. Very frustrating! Offer a selection for installing specific modules, or at least provide an uninstaller for the ones not needed.
Why didn't you delete the unactivated .dll files from your VST Plugins folder instead?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:36 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:29 pm Hi Peter, I have uninstalled T-Racks from my machine for just this reason. Having all of the modules installed just cluttered up my plugin menus in the DAW. I had a hard time remembering which were activated and which were not. Very frustrating! Offer a selection for installing specific modules, or at least provide an uninstaller for the ones not needed.
Why didn't you delete the unactivated .dll files from your VST Plugins folder instead?
Because I prefer a button for that!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:55 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:36 pm
Because I prefer a button for that!
I have to admit, it's really annoying. I'd prefer also if I would be given a choice what to install and what not. I will never ever gonna use tape plugins ex.

As part of IK's next wave of vertically integrated products I predict they will offer the T-Racks Cleaner. Use it to uninstall any T-Racks plugins you don't have licenses for. Only $49 is you own any of the following IK products...

:P

I have T-Racks Max, but not V5. Unfortunately that's not enough to get the $50 discount to bring it down to $99. I was hoping to get the $99 deal and then be able to apply Jampoints as well (apparently you can't do both simultaneously), as that would make this attractive enough for me to want to buy it, but as I have metric ass-tons of similar effects already, buying MixBox would be more of a "might-be-interesting-to-have-these" purchase rather than a necessity. I'm sure for someone starting out this is a great opportunity to get a bunch of nice effects at a good price, though.
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Effects”