Dragonfly - retro electro

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

climb aboard, see where it takes you.
idk...maybe nowhere :shrug:
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-dragonfly
bass - charlatan
pads - klc M1
lead - Synapse x-poly
blips - Synapse zampler//rx
drums - Linplug RMIV

enjoy!
:bang:
Last edited by layzer on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I guess that the cool stuttering rhythm is because dragonflies dart about. Sounds good! Nice melodies and flow.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:15 am I guess that the cool stuttering rhythm is because dragonflies dart about. Sounds good! Nice melodies and flow.
Well done!
:)
hmmm...i didnt think about the stuttering way a dragonfly flies...
i kind of envisioned a dragonfly in flight during the middle synth
solo of the song when i named it. so, i guess housefly or even fruitfly
would have worked. haha thanks for checking it and the
sounds good stamp, John :phones:
Last edited by layzer on Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ooo, a Layzer song to listen to. Gonna be a while before I do anything with my studying up on Broadway scores for my next project.

Anyway, really great mix. I always check your instrument list when listening to your stuff. Only thing I have on that list installed is the M1. I uninstalled Charlatan when I realized I never used it.

Anyway, what can I say? It sounds great. Musically, a little minimalist for me but when something sounds this good, who cares? Way too short though. Could have listened for at least another minute or two.

Great job!

:tu:

wagtunes wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:57 pm Ooo, a Layzer song to listen to. Gonna be a while before I do anything with my studying up on Broadway scores for my next project.

Anyway, really great mix. I always check your instrument list when listening to your stuff. Only thing I have on that list installed is the M1. I uninstalled Charlatan when I realized I never used it.

Anyway, what can I say? It sounds great. Musically, a little minimalist for me but when something sounds this good, who cares? Way too short though. Could have listened for at least another minute or two.

Great job!

:tu:
thanks for taking those precious 3 short minutes out
of your tightly scheduled day planner to listen to this synth nonsense.
one thing i've learned is if i manage to get even a "musically it was just meh"
from the legendary composer Wagman, i'm on my way to producing some spectacular things if i keep at it! lol, seriously, appreciate the honesty always.
and thanks for the sounds great stamp, you guys (and a few others, they know who they are) are the best mix quality meters :phones:

This was really "busy" but it worked so well because everything was working off one another so well. I really enjoyed this a lot. Lots of nice changes and sounds. :clap:

edit: haha I saw someone downvoted your song so I thumbed it up.

Some people can't handle the truth :hihi:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Very cool. I particular liked the way it feels when it goes all 'minor' at 1:20. :tu:

ATS wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:24 am This was really "busy" but it worked so well because everything was working off one another so well. I really enjoyed this a lot. Lots of nice changes and sounds. :clap:

edit: haha I saw someone downvoted your song so I thumbed it up.

Some people can't handle the truth :hihi:
yeah, when you grow up listening to stuff by 80's bands
like depeche mode, dead or alive, ministry and front242
it was all about the busy percussions that kept things
moving with uncertainty! and im glad you enjoyed it "alot."
thanks for upvoting it as well, some forum members should
have that ability revoked. sorry losers living a miserable existance.
anyway, wont stop me from creating and sharing one bit :party:

I am sorry but this is not my cup of tea I am afraid. Yes the mix is very good but the song itself? Not my cup of tea but we all have different tastes!
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Mozex wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:46 am I am sorry but this is not my cup of tea I am afraid. Yes the mix is very good but the song itself? Not my cup of tea but we all have different tastes!
thats fine, move along then, nothing here or in any of my future threads for you.
thanks for the honest opinion, sorry it wasn't to your liking.
in the future, do what i do, skip threads made by members you already
know you wont enjoy.
have a nice day
:D

Has really nothing to do with it, it just sounds very amateuristic in my opinion. The melody is pretty lame in my opinion. I have not come here to bash you, I wanted to hear a song of you and I am sorry, I think its pretty lame...
Has really nothing to do with what you said on my jet engine song, I know you will have a hard time to believe that. Your song is just not to my liking at all, it sound like what I produced the first months when I started to do this shit to be honest.

Nothing wrong with the mix, thats pretty good to be honest as I said but just the build of the song is pretty lame to me. I am sorry my opinion hurt you.

Mozex wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:41 am Has really nothing to do with it, it just sounds very amateuristic in my opinion. The melody is pretty lame in my opinion. I have not come here to bash you, I wanted to hear a song of you and I am sorry, I think its pretty lame...
Has really nothing to do with what you said on my jet engine song, I know you will have a hard time to believe that. Your song is just not to my liking at all, it sound like what I produced the first months when I started to do this shit to be honest.

Nothing wrong with the mix, thats pretty good to be honest as I said but just the build of the song is pretty lame to me. I am sorry my opinion hurt you.
How bout stop being a douche bag and move on. You've made it clear you don't like his music but here you are piling it on some more.

And you should talk about music being lame.

Pot, meet kettle.

Mozex wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:41 am Has really nothing to do with it, it just sounds very amateuristic in my opinion. The melody is pretty lame in my opinion. I have not come here to bash you, I wanted to hear a song of you and I am sorry, I think its pretty lame...

I'll edit that actually... And all I'll say is; Come on, dude. Not cool. :dog:

an-electric-heart wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:35 am

I'll edit that actually... And all I'll say is; Come on, dude. Not cool. :dog:
No, it's not cool. The guy is a total ass. I've been suspended for a lot less.

I am sorry but thats my opinion. Another thing is how this site is not about music AT ALL. Its about persona. If people like you you are a good musician too and your music is GREAT. If people do not like you then you are a bad musician and your music is BAD.

Bad musicians believe that they are good because of this and good musicians start to believe they are bad because of this.

This forum is not about music it all, its a popularity contest. If you rate others, they like you, if they like you, they like your music. Even if its lame. This song is lame, I am sorry. Why can I not say these things but many others do nothing else then that to my songs?

Ah yes, because they do not like me and then its okay to do those things. This forum has NOTHING to do with music.

I was just listening to others music, now I get the comment that I made this comment because I knew I was not gonna like it. Yes, because God forbid its really lame, its probably because he does not like me. No.

I am sorry, but you talked high and mighty on my song and then I hear this? I am sorry but I expected MUCH better by the air you had to comment on my song how it sounded like a jet engine and/or standing next to 20 crying babies.

When I say this song is lame then I am very bad guy, when this layzer guy says what he said, I should listen to him.

Yeah right, I aint gonna listen to you at all, your music is what I made in my first months. Thats the truth. I said nothing but the truth here. And I am the douchebag again, like always.

But when he says that my music sounds like jet engine and 20 crying babies, he is the hero. Well I had enough of this all. This forum has really NOTHING to do with music, but with how much they like you. So man, I really do not care at all that I am the douchebag again. I am not even gonna react anymore to all this drama. I shared my opinion and I am honest in it but I guess people do not like me enough here to be able to do that. I am sorry but my music sounds MUCH better and MORE powerfull then yours layzer, even with the kick reduced to almost zero. And I do not care one bit about all the hate that is gonna come my way now because I even aint gonna read it anymore.

Return to “Music Cafe”