Allomerus - Steam Powered Inertia

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow awesome job! :tu:

Frantz wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:18 am Good song with a nice clear mix. :tu:

Any reason your brother didn't do the drums on this one?
Thanks Frantz! Paul is having a break from music, I didn't want one. It's got nothing to do with "musical differences" ;)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:41 am Now that's what I call a clean, in your face mix. Your voice is really quirky. I like it. All in all, very well done. Love the sax or whatever that is. Could be a trumpet. Hard to tell. It's obviously synthetic but sounds so cool in context.

:tu:
Thanks Wags! The "trumpet" is a brass ensemble sample from Logic Pro. The guitar is using the SY1000 with a guitar and synth floating in the background (I made it for playing 'Comfortably Numb' with friends).
Bandcamp

ATS wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:14 am Man what a great song and video. I didn't want it to be over. Well done man, very cool.
What a lovely comment. That's the sort of thing that is so nice to read. All the best! :)
Bandcamp

guitarmiester wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:34 am What a fun time that was to listen to and watch. The mix is very clean.
On a more serious note, it's not every day tinfoil hats make their appearance. Don't let them read your mind.
Thanks guitarmiester! I do know someone who has gone over to the dark side. ;) Great advice, I'll be careful! :o
Bandcamp

Cool! Great video and music.
Good mix and sounds.

Great flow to this song, John, and the mix is excellent. I thought the different sounds used on here all worked well together, and it is always especially pleasing to hear the tron make it's appearance.

The video worked very well, and I have so sympathise with your views on the "cult of celebrity" and the social media thingy.

It must have been Keith Emerson's piano in the video.

Good work :)

pekbro wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 am Wow awesome job! :tu:
Thanks pekbro! Appreciate your comment. :)
Bandcamp

markkuja wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:54 am Cool! Great video and music.
Good mix and sounds.
Thanks Markku! Glad you enjoyed it. All the best man! :)
Bandcamp

Allomerus,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: video looks professional, I appreciated that. Song is a bit long, but otherwise I liked it! Instrumentally, everything was well done. The vocals fit the song. The whole song/video was entertaining. Well done, keep at it man! :). Don't take off the tin foil hat, I know the aliens are listening to our brains! ;)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

seismic1 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:50 am Great flow to this song, John, and the mix is excellent. I thought the different sounds used on here all worked well together, and it is always especially pleasing to hear the tron make it's appearance.

The video worked very well, and I have so sympathise with your views on the "cult of celebrity" and the social media thingy.

It must have been Keith Emerson's piano in the video.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim. No it wasn't Keiths piano, especially the one at the end... :o
I don't know, maybe I am turning into a grumpy old man but the 'cults' are starting to annoy me more these days...
Get off my lawn! :hihi:
Bandcamp

Is there also a audio only file available? Videos are a nice addition too music, I make them too but more of the purpose to be able to upload them on youtube but in my opinion most of the time (if the video is good) it takes away from the song itself and you hear the song itself less in a way because you are focussing on the video and its story, or images. So if you would have a audio file only link it would be nice, otherwise I have to listen to it with my eyes closed LOL
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:51 pm Allomerus,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: video looks professional, I appreciated that. Song is a bit long, but otherwise I liked it! Instrumentally, everything was well done. The vocals fit the song. The whole song/video was entertaining. Well done, keep at it man! :). Don't take off the tin foil hat, I know the aliens are listening to our brains! ;)
Thanks Aaron. I'll keep my up with my protection and be safe. You too! As for the length, it is Prog Rock... ;)
Bandcamp

Mozex wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:51 am Is there also a audio only file available? Videos are a nice addition too music, I make them too but more of the purpose to be able to upload them on youtube but in my opinion most of the time (if the video is good) it takes away from the song itself and you hear the song itself less in a way because you are focussing on the video and its story, or images. So if you would have a audio file only link it would be nice, otherwise I have to listen to it with my eyes closed LOL
Thanks Mozex. I appreciate that you would like it enough to want to just listen. I don't have one at the moment but I will eventually load it to band camp when the album is fully complete. Then people can download or listen to quality audio. All the best... :)
Bandcamp

I will do my best to keep my eyes closed then, will listen to it right now!
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Return to “Music Cafe”