Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

if it says cloud, it's a scam....

AnX wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:30 pm if it says cloud, it's a scam....
let it go dave, they get the weather wrong ocassionally, ok a lot, but its not a scam.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:15 pm Is it still connected to their cloud manager though? I mean once you have a "lifetime" license, is it still dependant on the manager to activate it?
Yes.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:11 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:00 pm Do you have to have an active membership and swap for one that is included in that active membership?
Yes. If you have an active membership, the option to delete your license and then add another in its place is available in your account.
And you do that through the cloud manager app? Or in your account on the website?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:00 pm Do you have to have an active membership and swap for one that is included in that active membership?
Yes. If you have an active membership, the option to delete your license and then add another in its place is available in your account.
And you do that through the cloud manager app? Or in your account on the website?
Account on the website, then sync to your cloud manager app. At least that's how it was a few months ago.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:45 pm
BBFG# wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:15 pm Is it still connected to their cloud manager though? I mean once you have a "lifetime" license, is it still dependant on the manager to activate it?
Yes.
So then still no sale for me.
I already have enough product licenses from their previous Roland manager that can't be accessed.

This feels like their history getting ready to repeat itself...

EnochLight wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:40 pm
Account on the website, then sync to your cloud manager app. At least that's how it was a few months ago.
I don't see how to sync to cloud manager. I only see rewards instruments on there, not the lifetime keys from the content store.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:24 pm
I don't see how to sync to cloud manager. I only see rewards instruments on there, not the lifetime keys from the content store.
Hey, EchosintheAttic and EnochLight! Brian from Roland Cloud here. The Roland Content store is closing so we can streamline the process for everyone. In order for us to keep offering the licenses to the users, they must be rolled into the Roland Cloud Manager. The licenses do require authorization, but only once every seven days. For new users, we are also offering 60 days of our Ultimate Membership free with with Content Store migration. We'll be here for you in the case that you'd like to try all of the sounds in the Roland Library. 😊 If you have specific questions regarding your account status or need assistance combining your instruments to one account, please follow the Contact Us link at: http://www.rolandcloud.com/support

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:59 pm
Hey, EchosintheAttic and EnochLight! Brian from Roland Cloud here. The Roland Content store is closing so we can streamline the process for everyone. In order for us to keep offering the licenses to the users, they must be rolled into the Roland Cloud Manager. The licenses do require authorization, but only once every seven days. For new users, we are also offering 60 days of our Ultimate Membership free with with Content Store migration. We'll be here for you in the case that you'd like to try all of the sounds in the Roland Library. 😊 If you have specific questions regarding your account status or need assistance combining your instruments to one account, please follow the Contact Us link at: http://www.rolandcloud.com/support
Hi - I'm trying to figure out if I can switch my SH-101 license (which has been transferred to my cloud account as a lifetime key) to a different synth.

And I really hope you guys change your system to allow lifetime keys to work like normal permanent licenses on a computer, which a one time authorization. Why do you need to check every 7 days that we still have a license? I don't have a single other software that does and it's pretty annoying. I've also had it deactivate when I guess it didn't reach your server or something. It is not a good system.

What an ignorant response is that.
Let me place you in reality for one minute...
All your credit card information are kept online - cloud and so is your day of birth, gender, address and other personal information.
Do you really think that it stored in the filing cabinet in lala land?!

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:54 am
What a ignorant response is that.
All your credit card information are kept online and so is your day of birth, gender, address and other personal information.
Way to miss the point!
:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol:

If it says cloud, it doesn't really exist.

BBFG# wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:05 am
All your credit card information are kept online and so is your day of birth, gender, address and other personal information.
Way to miss the point!

Not at all, judging by your response

BBFG# wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:05 am
Way to miss the point!

Deep. Wow.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:59 pm
I have just signed up to try the zenology lite but I see you cannot save changes or minor tweaks to presets. How does one access the 60days free ultimate trail or does that only apply when you subscribe to one of the plans?

What an ignorant response is that.
that is....

Return to “Instruments”