RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

I've downloaded the demo and tested this synth. I liked a lot the FX.

I'm impatiently waiting to buy it "by accident" on Black Friday sale!

Cannot wait for MSEGS!!!
We need more awesome xps!
SLiC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 pm
Caine123 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:04 pm
Mik_lo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:57 pm How on earth did you accidentally buy it? Can it even be bought accidentally? Pretty sure there's quite a few steps before any money is actually taken from you.
yes, you have to add it to the basket, then login or register, then i think review your basket, then choose payment method and so on....
Its not like there isn't a full demo so you can be sure you want it before you buy it.... :?
Yeah forgot that one :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I sold my Avenger license and am placing my bets on Rapid being the ultimate powerhouse synth that I want to own instead. Really looking forward to MSEGs (or the next sale - whichever comes first and I'll buy it).

For the morph option for each OSC, it takes a while to morph through the entire wavetable by just dragging up or down (and not as ergonomic). Is there a knob attached to this by default that would make it easier to scan?

5Lives wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 am I sold my Avenger license and am placing my bets on Rapid being the ultimate powerhouse synth that I want to own instead. Really looking forward to MSEGs (or the next sale - whichever comes first and I'll buy it).

For the morph option for each OSC, it takes a while to morph through the entire wavetable by just dragging up or down (and not as ergonomic). Is there a knob attached to this by default that would make it easier to scan?
Yes, this synth really seems to have some very good features (still using the demo/but planning to buy the full version later when have money maybe on BF). I think the preset search function will be very nice addition when it comes :love:

Mark Ellison wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:24 pm
rezoneight wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:53 pm
How does one buy something "in error" that costs 179.99 euros with a multi-step checkout process ?
No disrespect intended.
My beef is with Parawave and not you, I would prefer it for now if you keep out of this matter.
If you will not refund me personally or haven't got a Synth for trade move aside.
Don't post in a public forum if you want privacy bud. Apparently I'm not the only one wondering how one buys in error something that requires almost $200 US and a multi-step checkout process when a demo is available.... It really was a rhetorical question as I wouldn't expect someone to answer such a thing because there is no answer.

We don't offer license transfers
Which is not really allowed in the EU even if you include this as a rule in terms and conditions.
In its ruling published on July 3, 2012, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) expressly allows the resale of used licenses for software, even if the software with licenses was downloaded from the Internet and is not available on physical data carriers.
I would therefore advise PARAWAVE to offer an account takeover option. However, you can combine this with additional costs, since you have administrative effort. :tu:
Last edited by Demuvi on Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Who are you addressing ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Honestly... it would be far better if Parawave followed the way in which U-HE handles all this.... as breaking EU Law's could catch up with them...

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pressco ... /CJE_12_94

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2 ... nline.html

https://smallbiztrends.com/2013/03/resa ... t-own.html
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:34 am Honestly... it would be far better if Parawave followed the way in which U-HE handles all this.... as breaking EU Law's could catch up with them...

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pressco ... /CJE_12_94

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2 ... nline.html

https://smallbiztrends.com/2013/03/resa ... t-own.html
Yes, it is in fact ilegal what Parawave is doing. If you have time you can always bring them to the court and you will win eventualy.

But I think Rapid is not only synth you can NOT resell? Serum is also no resell? And maybe others I don’t remember.

SoundHunterrr wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:12 am But I think Rapid is not only synth you can NOT resell? Serum is also no resell? And maybe others I don’t remember.
Steve used to allow that, but now he doesnt. But thats ilegal and if you really want to fight it, you can do that and you will win because that is against the law. Ofcourse it will take time and energy.

the.new.me wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:58 am
Yes, it is in fact ilegal what Parawave is doing. If you have time you can always bring them to the court and you will win eventualy.
Personally, I've never sold any software I've bought... but I do see for those who do want to sell/transfer as they do to another person as a not only a right, but also from a perspective in following good consumer practices and if a company is failing to do that, then that is for me a black mark against them. Incidently, I had no idea that in buying Rapid that it wasn't able to be sold to another person, there was no mention of it on the site that I could see when I bought it.... but I don't buy stuff beyond a certain price point on a whim. As it stands I wouldn't be selling Rapid, just as I wouldn't sell U-HE's Hive 2. For those with less pennies, I do understand the frustration in them not being able to afford it currently..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

the.new.me wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:58 am Yes, it is in fact ilegal what Parawave is doing.
Not illegal, "just" legally void. »We do not allow resale« must probably be understood more as a wish than as a prohibition, at least in the EU legal zone.

But who would ever want to sell this synth? :)
Last edited by Hadrondrift on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hadrondrift wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:30 pm
the.new.me wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:58 am Yes, it is in fact ilegal what Parawave is doing.
Not illegal, "just" legally void. "We do not allow resale" must probably be understood more as a wish than as a prohibition, at least in the EU legal zone.

But who would ever want to sell this synth? :)
Indeed it is more like a wish in EU. BUt if you really want its possible to make a case :)

People sometimes do not use the certain plugins anymore because of who knows why, sometimes in need of money at the time. Some people buy things because of sale and fear of missing out the good deal :) people buy stuff these days who knows why, without even really needing sometimes :) it's not my business, don't care, but that EU LAWS can force software company to transfer the licence is a fact and no need to dislike me because of that, dislike EU for that :-D
Last edited by the.new.me on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They could at least allow account transfer like refx, with a small admin fee. That would be reasonable.

Return to “Instruments”