Considering Kyma

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

excuse me please wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:24 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:54 pm Pfff.Richard Devine endorse anything , just like Jordan Rudess .,
Kyma ,reaktor , max msp , I'm sure he can't even make a basic counter in core

Lesser known artists like Christian Vogel actually use it and are an active part of the community .
IF you want to get into kyma , you can start out using supercollider which syntax is partially based on smalltalk and c
Being a non programmer myself , I have a really hard time with but there is something magical when seeing a few lines of codes being executed succesfully
And supercollider sounds fanastic
Hate to disappoint you, but I've done some research in relation to Maschine+, lately. Afaik Jordan Rudess does not endorse it. Nor does he endorse AKAI MPC X. I could be totally wrong, though. Because Jordan Rudess indeed endorses almost everything, so I could have missed it :D
hes on holiday :)

Thanks everyone. I think you’ve talked me down off the ledge! :lol:

Also, to be clear, I have zero interest in coding in Supercollider, CSound, or Kyma. I would be interested in doing a bit of patching in Kyma with some minimal code attached, but that’s the extent of it. Otherwise, I might as well just find some decent audio libraries for C++ or even Python and code what I want in there. I already have MaxMSP and Reaktor anyway. I was much more interested in the auto-coding galleries introduced with Kyma 7 than I was in going deep into CapyTalk. I’d rather be a tool user than a tool maker.

Metasynth is an interesting one to bring up, because I’ve always had similar feelings about that like I have with Kyma. It looks amazing on paper, but less so when I’ve seen it in action. Drawing an audio spectrum usually results in something that sounds a bit like mashing down all the keys on the keyboard at once. Using a spectrum to filter existing sounds is somewhat more effective, but even so, I can probably get more musical results through traditional filtering methods. I haven’t looked into it lately to see what changes this rewrite will bring, but I’ll remain skeptical for now.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:32 pm Thanks everyone. I think you’ve talked me down off the ledge! :lol:
if youre looking for something fun and exciting to spend a huge wad of cash on, two words.

jet pack!

:D

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:46 pm
deastman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:32 pm Thanks everyone. I think you’ve talked me down off the ledge! :lol:
if youre looking for something fun and exciting to spend a huge wad of cash on, two words.

jet pack!

I thought maybe I’d get into body manipulation instead. How much is a lung piercing anyway?

deastman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:47 pm

jet pack!

I thought maybe I’d get into body manipulation instead. How much is a lung piercing anyway?
they put a stop to that here after someone had their ears removed.

https://news.sky.com/story/dr-evil-tatt ... s-11671500

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:57 pm
deastman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:47 pm

jet pack!

they put a stop to that here after someone had their ears removed.

https://news.sky.com/story/dr-evil-tatt ... s-11671500
See, this is why we can’t have nice things...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”