VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anacreon

@resistent:

Thanks for your support!

@all:

Fixing up the GUI today. I can't seem to get aftertouch / poly pressure working properly no matter what I do - theoretically, it should work. Maybe it will work on one of your machines? If it works for anybody, please let me know!

@all:

I will release version 2.5.3 today. The GUI layout is very similar to before with a few minor tweaks. I didn't want to invest a whole ton of time on the GUI since I'm overhauling that in 2.5.4.

Also, I'm changing the FUID of this version so your DAWs / hosts can filter out the old preset files from the new ones - I'll do this every time I break the preset files from now on.

@all:

Version 2.5.3 was released a couple of hours ago. Known bugs so far:
- Random clicking with certain patches involving deep modulation and polyphony. I think it's the envelope or the LFO frequency / gain inputs, not sure yet.
- Sample rate not being updated properly on loading the plugin. Just go set your sample rate in the DAW and set it back if Anacreon sounds out of tune. I'm pretty sure this was an issue before this update, will be releasing a bugfix today. ✅ fixed
- Legato glide being skipped when sustain pedal is held down ✅ fixed
- Notes hanging out after decrease in voice count until a new note is hit
- Crashes in FL Studio on scan Can't Reproduce!!

[Edit] adding bugs, updating bugs
Last edited by Erich.Pfister on Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Scanning this new version fails in FL Studio 20.7.2 (Windows 10). If there is any more information to be had from FL Studio beyond "error" I have yet to find it.

Works well in Waveform PRO 11.1. Seems okay in Cantabile Lite 3.0.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

@pough - I haven't tested this in FL Studio yet, I'll hop on that now. Thanks for the heads up!

@pough - I just tested this with a fresh install of 20.7.2 (trial), it runs smoothly out of the box. I did do a couple of bugfixes for the other issues, so I'll upload my current version very soon. Maybe something about the other bugs caused the crash and I missed it because I fixed them before testing in FL Studio?

@pough - could you see if 2.5.3.1 crashes for you?

Erich.Pfister wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:38 pm @pough - could you see if 2.5.3.1 crashes for you?
It does still crash. The 64 bit version does, anyways. I don't usually install the 32 bit version but I just did and it works in FL Studio.

One thing I noticed when I load it in Cantabile Lite is it doesn't seem to have MIDI in, only EventIn. Is that normal?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Hmm... It works in FL Studio on my laptop but not on my desktop. So what's different? :shrug:

pough wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:27 am Hmm... It works in FL Studio on my laptop but not on my desktop. So what's different? :shrug:
CPU without AVX?

Kott wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:41 am
pough wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:27 am Hmm... It works in FL Studio on my laptop but not on my desktop. So what's different? :shrug:
CPU without AVX?
I don't know anything about AVX but the 32 bit version works on both machines and the 64 bit version works in non-FL Studio DAWs.

UPDATE:
I realized there was one difference. All of the working versions had never been scanned by FL Studio before. The one non-working version had a previous version (2.5.2) that changed a version and plugin ID without a change in filename. So I uninstalled Anacreon and did a plugin scan to remove all trace. Then I installed the new version (2.5.3) fresh and scanned again. Now it's working fine in FL Studio.

@Kott - good thought! If this had been built with AVX as a minimum instruction set, it could totally run on one machine and crash another. That being said, I didn't see any huge improvement with AVX, so I've been keeping it to SSE2. I did do that one previous version with AVX just to see if it would help in one specific user case, but ended up getting the polyphony improvement I wanted via shorter loops and apparently improved vectorization because of those shorter loops.

@pough - what a nightmare! I think it's because the plugin names are the same but the IDs are different. Maybe I should include the full version number in the plugin name and file name to fix that? At any rate, I hope you're having some fun jamming by now and not just having to deal with technical issues!

@all - I just got Channel Pressure / Aftertouch working in Ableton. If anyone has a midi controller that can do aftertouch, I would greatly appreciate feedback once I upload 2.5.3.2 today.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

@resistent ETA 5 minutes

Return to “Instruments”