Kickstarter - Whole Sounds Baldwin SD-10

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello fellow musicians!

Dan McKinney, the man behind Whole Sounds, well known for its 1954 Baldwin Parlor Grand, just launched a Kickstarter campaign to help acquire a nice sounding piano and sample it so we can also enjoy it!

It's a win-win situation IMHO, as by supporting the campaign we can buy his current 1954 Baldwin Parlor Grand with a 43% discount, and his upcoming 1988 Connelly Chapel Grand library with a 35% discount!

Or we can just support giving what we want, and patiently wait for Baldwin the SD-10 Concert Grand to be released.

What's not to love?!

Me, I just supported buying the 1988 Connelly Chapel Grand pack.

But how does that piano sound?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHj6ZkD5KA

LET'S GO SUPPORT THE CAMPAIGN!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ba ... t_launched

Only 9 backers so far, we need more!
There is nothing to lose here - you will be charged only if enough money raised. And you will get 1, 2, or 3 sampled Baldwin libs:
Pledge $45 or more - 1954 Baldwin Parlor Grand
Pledge $65 or more - 1988 Connelly Chapel Grand
Pledge $100 or more - The sampled SD-10
Pledge $175 or more - All 3 pianos
Pledge $350 or more - ALL present and future instruments!

I back a lot of things on Kickstarter and at the current pace more word of mouth is needed for this to meet its goal. The first few days and the last few are normally the strongest days, because that's when it is more visible on Kickstarter.

Have backed this at the highest level. Yeah, its a bigger immediate cost (but only if it succeeds), but for getting ALL current and future instruments? Given the other revealed projects in development and the past quality, I see it as being a massive bargain in years to come.

One more option added:
Pledge $150 or more - you get the Connelly Chapel Grand and the SD-10.

Guys, I bump this topic because the deadline is coming FAST!

Luckily he's just gotten two offers from plugin developers so it looks like sufficient funding may come from that, although discussions are still preliminary for now.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”