Cubase 10.5 LE AI (Win) Whats happened to the info line current chord display?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cubase 10.5 LE AI (Win)

In previous versions of Cubase (that I've used) in the piano roll on the info there has always been a display showing the current chord which I found incredably useful as it showed inversions etc but in my version of 10.5 it seems to be missing?

Naturally I have tried the "Set Up Toolbar" option and looked in the preferences but its not there.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cubase 10.5 Pro here, works same as ever. "LE AI" - these are unpaid versions that come bundled with some hardware, isn't it?
If Info Line does not show by setup, about all you can do is delete preferences and come back to see if that magic works, or uninstall/reinstall. These versions lack many features, though. I would think the previous versions you mention would be fuller versions, from your post.

event2020 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:39 am Naturally I have tried the "Set Up Toolbar" option and looked in the preferences but its not there.
You were close, but the option is under "Set up Window Layout" to the left of it. Enable the "status line" which is off by default.

yeah it is off by default, I missed the distinction "Windows Layout", sorry. It's not mentioned as a feature on Steinberg's features comparison chart.
Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 7.48.38 AM.png
the smaller gear with the bracket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Yeah its the free version that came bundled with my new UR 22 MkII audio interface so I am trying out before deciding whether to fork out for either the artist or Pro versions.
jancivil wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:47 pm yeah it is off by default, I missed the distinction "Windows Layout", sorry. It's not mentioned as a feature on Steinberg's features comparison chart.
Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 7.48.38 AM.png
the smaller gear with the bracket
That's perfect, all working now. I was getting a bit frustrated as it was not mentioned in the manual or on steinbergs webpages.

Thanks again every one. :clap: :clap:

I too wanted to see the chord display, and this thread was helpful. I have now enabled the Status Line, but when I select a chord, my Current Chord Display shows "--" no matter what notes are selected.

I then opened the key editor as a separate window instead of in the lower zone, which then made any and all chords display as a "G" chord, no matter what they actually are. When I changed prefs back to [viewing MIDI in] the lower zone, it now shows "G" all the time, even when no MIDI notes are selected. A permanent "G". Is there some other setting I'm overlooking?

Mouse note positions are reading properly. It's just the Current Chord Display that is not. I opened a new project and now it's back to --.

Thank you.

the only thing I can come up with that could be missing is what's ticked here:
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 3.55.41 AM.png
EDIT: tested this, has no impact

if not, I would make Cubase rebuild preferences. As the 'G all the time' sounds like another inexplicable Cubase fail which is magically sorted in rejigging preferences.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks. I had Cubase make all new prefs from scratch and it still shows --. I don't know what's going on. It should automatically show when you select three MIDI notes depicting a chord, right? No other step to take, no modifier key, etc.?

I reinstalled Cubase and still wasn't working. The manual said something about the project cursor having to be over the notes in question. Did that, and then it worked. So for example I make a C chord, put the cursor there. Yes, C. Move the cursor away and then move the notes to make an F chord. Chord Display still will say C. So that must the the trick, I guess.

Well, here it tries to make everything display as a chord just playing back. Where my cursor is at the moment is irrelevant to that, it only shows the note name by the Yamaha numbers (middle C=C3). My first screenshot shows some notes selected which I did to concretely see what it was 'thinking' at the given moment.
I don't actually use it (eg., as I first looked at it for this reply it read Db^7b9/9/#9/#11, trying to suss some semitone clusters) but it's always displaying.

So I have no idea at all what's going on either. It certainly should with notes selected. I couldn't find anything in preferences that change anything about this here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”