Best reverb for...

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like a reverb that gives me that reverb sound
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Another +1 for Valhalla, I've heard their reverb plugins in use a lot and I'm really impressed.

+1000 Raum and Valhalla

Just to mess up OP's choice: Audio Damage Eos 2

Trancerockmetalpianoverb is a good one. I think that might tick all the boxes for you.

You need at least 3 reverbs for different purposes in mixing. Get an algorithmic reverb, a convolution reverb and a plate reverb. My favorites:

Plate:
1) UAD EMT 140
2) ValhallaPlate

Convolution:
1) Cubase Reverence

algorithmic:
1) Exponantial Audio Nimbus
2) Exponantial Audio R4
3) ValhallaRoom
4) ValhallaVintageVerb
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Having different reverbs in the drawer is definitely essential.

The best for me for different purposes are:

Blackhole and Comet - for unreal, spacey stuff.
R2 - for modulated and plate reverbs.
Phoenix - for real spaces, percussive sounds.
Raum - for a rather modern, high end sound.
Replika XT in diffusion mode - same as Raum.
Honorable mention: Eventide Shimmer - for... shimmer. :) (I must admit that I'm not yet fully climatized to i though...)

If you're on Logic, I find Space Designer not bad at all.

Many excellent verbs mentioned, surprised I didn't see Altiverb.

I disagree that it's necessary to have a convolution reverb. Certainly a plate and something like a room reverb though. But then PSP 2445 and D16 Toraverb arn't technically either, but they are definitely algorithmic and definitely very nice lush 'verbs. It all depends what music you want to make and as ever, YMMV
Last edited by leeleema on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

You can also take a look at Neo Reverb. A hybrid of Convolution and Algorithm Reverb
https://neovst.com/product/neo-reverb/

Acon Digital Verberate Basic is pretty nice (AND FREE)

R4 can be had for cheap still (end if month I think?) and totally worth it imo.

The Valhallas cover a lot of ground, get Room, Vintage and Supermassive (the free one) and you can do almost anything, just learn carefully the algorithms and see what works best for you in each context.
R4 and all I just don't like. Set VRoom properly, choose the right preset, tweak the tail. Add some width after it. To me it can sounds better than R4, with just so many more options.
For more special effects I like the Eventide stuff

I do techno and Im still searching for my perfect reverb on return tracks. imho the best result by now is pro-r, Seventh heaven pro sounded great but too realistic for techno, R4 i tried but not mich difference too pro-r. i own valhalla vintage but I dont like it too much for main reverb but its cool for sound design and changing flavour imho, next to try is sonsig rev a

Tendou wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:42 pm I do techno and Im still searching for my perfect reverb on return tracks. imho the best result by now is pro-r, Seventh heaven pro sounded great but too realistic for techno, R4 i tried but not mich difference too pro-r. i own valhalla vintage but I dont like it too much for main reverb but its cool for sound design and changing flavour imho, next to try is sonsig rev a
Try demo of 2Caudio Breeze

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”