Bying older Cubase versions today.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have to solve a littel problem.
I sold my Cubase 9 on ebay with a dongel.
But unfortunately, I wrote Cubase 9.5 in the description and the buyer is a strange guy, stressing me all the time.
So don´t know where this ends.
Is there a possebilety to buy the upgrade from Cubase 9 to 9.5 even today?

Cheers
classic

classic wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:06 pm Hello,

I have to solve a littel problem.
I sold my Cubase 9 on ebay with a dongel.
But unfortunately, I wrote Cubase 9.5 in the description and the buyer is a strange guy, stressing me all the time.
You think it's strange to be pissed off when someone sells you Cubase 9.5, and only delivers Cubase 9?

I'd be pissed off, that's for sure. Actually, I'd probably demand my money back.

Don't think you'll get away with this, unless you refund the guy, or buy him a Cubase 10.5 upgrade.

It was not intendet to fool him.
It was a mistake, I did not realise.
So of shure he is pissed of.

Then refund him. That would be the sensible thing to do.

classic wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:00 pm It was not intendet to fool him.
It was a mistake, I did not realise.
So of shure he is pissed of.
Yeah just get him the 10.5 update.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:02 pm Then refund him. That would be the sensible thing to do.
Sending the eLicenser via post back & forth kills all the fun selling Cubase ;)
Music tech enthusiast

tell him - ' I've read this book ' - do you want it in addition to the 9 I sent you?..... :idea:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/112 ... y_Argument

or ask to post it back to you for the refund... :hyper:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Just wanted to know if there is a way of getting the old versions any way today.
So, thanks than, I will ask the Steinberg service for help. They where quick lately
with my questions, got two answers a day, was really impressed.

very rare to get older upgrades like that...better wait for 11 -- and after ab 1.5y 2022 they'll do 50% off - then get it for ab 100eu. :D :ud: :D :o :party: :clap: :phones:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

antic604 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:03 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:02 pm Then refund him. That would be the sensible thing to do.
Sending the eLicenser via post back & forth kills all the fun selling Cubase ;)
True. I don't really see another way to deal with this though. 199 € for the 10.5 upgrade is hardly an option, as it's probably more than the OP got for Cubase 9.

It's an honest mistake but you should make it right. I would either negotiate a reasonable credit amount with him, or ask him to send it back to you and offer him to fully refund him including the cost of shipping back to you and any paypal fees.

classic wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:06 pm I sold my Cubase 9 on ebay with a dongel.
Offer to undo the deal and give him his money back. You have a chance he will keep the dongle and stops pestering you. If he does want his money back, that is only fair.

Romy Schmidt wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:30 am
classic wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:06 pm I sold my Cubase 9 on ebay with a dongel.
Offer to undo the deal and give him his money back. You have a chance he will keep the dongle and stops pestering you. If he does want his money back, that is only fair.
"Dongle" IS the license, so that's not undoing the deal in any way.

If the guy bought 9 (thinking it's 9.5) to upgrade it to 10.5, then the OP should just pay the difference between upgrade from 9 and upgrade from 9.5 - that would be ideal.
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”