Shade: filtery thing from UVI. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:39 pm good luck with the phase issues
Well, many modulation effects deliberately make use of "phase issues" for creative purposes.

Looks like a fantastic plugin. Substantial overlap with Bitwig, but perhaps more finely tuned and tailored towards its purpose and application. I’m intrigued. Currently using Pro-Q3 and The Drop together in Bitwig in similar ways.

similar approach to Apulsoft's apQualizr - which I use a lot. Some overlap so at first I thought Shade might replace apQualizr as it has a lot more features, but I am not sure that is the case now. Will be buying this I think

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:16 pm Looks awesome - surely a lot more filter types than Bitwig or Volcano - not sure about the quality compared to The drop though
That's what I was thinking, along with a faster workflow. Doubt anything would sound quite as good as the drop.

Some time ago, somebody told me that Ableton Live's EQ8 was not desiged to be modulated--somehow it was not ideal for quick changes (I don't recall the reason given--was it latency?). I've seen plenty of people modulate the crap out of it, nevertheless. Is there something to that? And this is what would set Shade apart from just modulating this or that EQ in my DAW? (I get that it has other features and would be a simpler workflow.)
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Does this have a sidechain input?

Patiently awaiting demo video from @Sampleconstruct

simmo75 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:19 pm Does this have a sidechain input?
Yes. Watch the promo video from the 11:00 min mark.

Unfortunately it's VST2, thus the usual PITA quadro channel kludge affair for Cubase users, which kinda ruins an otherwise excellent plugin.

When do you plan to release a VST3 version UVI? A plugin like this really NEEDS that VST3 support for "certain" hosts. :(

PAK wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:24 am
simmo75 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:19 pm Does this have a sidechain input?
Yes. Watch the promo video from the 11:00 min mark.

Unfortunately it's VST2, thus the usual PITA quadro channel kludge affair for Cubase users, which kinda ruins an otherwise excellent plugin.

When do you plan to release a VST3 version UVI? A plugin like this really NEEDS that VST3 support for "certain" hosts. :(
Thanks, I'm on Nuendo so will have the same issue.

UVI, I'll second a request to make VST3 versions of your plugins please.
Is there a reason you haven't done it?

I pulled the trigger... Downloading now. :D

I wonder why they don't make VST3 versions. Some small developers manage to do it. Perhaps it is more of an issue somehow with the coding UVI uses somehow?

Crap. Their demo not showing up in Ableton. I think with ilok this can happen until I register a plugin in ilok license manager. But UVI instructions say to open the plugin in my DAW and follow prompts to link to ilok account. No can do :(

We are a small development team but we use a C++ framework called JUCE, which makes it very little incremental work to ship different plugin formats. I generally assume that when larger shops don't ship a particular format it's because they hand rolled the entire plugin, which doesn't make much sense bc you can use JUCE just for it's plugin format normalization and still write 100% of the plugin's DSP, which is the part people care about.

For any wondering how this compares to cytomic drop - it’s very different. Very digital and interesting artificial quality. The audio-rate LFOs are really neat. I still haven’t figured out how to assign lfo rate to midi note

Return to “Effects”