Audjoo Helix alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Recently I found this great synth, excellent for lush pads.
I like the sound and the functionality, but it's not being developed anymore.
Is there anything on the market that sounds like it and has such an extensive functionality?

Thanks

I think Sylenth1 is the closes, sound wise. Helix has a lot more functionality, of course. I'd go for Spire. It doesn't do waveshaping, but, there's a lot that you can do with it, and it has a remotely similar tone (I think it sounds much better than Helix though).

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:41 pm I think Sylenth1 is the closes, sound wise. Helix has a lot more functionality, of course. I'd go for Spire. It doesn't do waveshaping, but, there's a lot that you can do with it, and it has a remotely similar tone (I think it sounds much better than Helix though).
These two have very high fidelity sound, while Helix has this "vintage" digital sound.

roman.i wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:32 pm Hey,

Is there anything on the market that sounds like it and has such an extensive functionality?

Thanks
Maybe not what you want to hear, but maybe stick with Audjoo Helix? I agree it is a great vsti and fine sound but i think maybe not so good interface. Lack of development for me means maybe not so bad! You won't chase updates. You just focus on what you have i think. Now i am not a good musician or knower of the world of daw and vst. But just my opinion. :hug:

Bazille? I think Helix had some sort of wavefolding thing going on. Probably many other VA's with morphing oscs.. ANA maybe?

BrokenTrance wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Thanks
Maybe not what you want to hear, but maybe stick with Audjoo Helix? I agree it is a great vsti and fine sound but i think maybe not so good interface. Lack of development for me means maybe not so bad! You won't chase updates. You just focus on what you have i think. Now i am not a good musician or knower of the world of daw and vst. But just my opinion. :hug:
Agreed. Helix probably has the best ever sound quality and features/ CPU load in a VST.
Shame about the the GUI and lack of development, but if you can live with those........

Value your own feelings for Helix! They are important.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Hear, hear!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Thanks
Maybe not what you want to hear, but maybe stick with Audjoo Helix? I agree it is a great vsti and fine sound but i think maybe not so good interface. Lack of development for me means maybe not so bad!
I'm still evaluating it, but I already encountered a bug and I'm not sure if this even will be fixed.
It's an abandonware, expensive one.

roman.i wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:30 pm

Thanks
Maybe not what you want to hear, but maybe stick with Audjoo Helix? I agree it is a great vsti and fine sound but i think maybe not so good interface. Lack of development for me means maybe not so bad!
I'm still evaluating it, but I already encountered a bug and I'm not sure if this even will be fixed.
It's an abandonware, expensive one.
What is the bug?

BrokenTrance wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:12 pm What is the bug?
A glitch, suddenly plays few wrong notes.

Are you using the demo version?
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

roman.i wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:55 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:41 pm I think Sylenth1 is the closes, sound wise. Helix has a lot more functionality, of course. I'd go for Spire. It doesn't do waveshaping, but, there's a lot that you can do with it, and it has a remotely similar tone (I think it sounds much better than Helix though).
These two have very high fidelity sound, while Helix has this "vintage" digital sound.
chikenhed71 will recommend spire and sylenth for any synth alternative, even onepingonly
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Michael L wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:06 am Are you using the demo version?
That’s probably it.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

yeah probably. the demo goes out of tune sometimes. copy protection.

Return to “Instruments”