Can anything compete with DIVA or Repro in 2020?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva Repro

I have been trying DIVA and Repro 5 and they are both so good and I am like what out there can even compete and get that believable hardware sound, because I have tried a BUNCH of synths and they cannot compete

I have tried

Serum
Hive
Sylenth1
ANA 2
Spire
DUNE 3
Synthmaster
Massive 1
Pigmets 2

and noen of them can compete!!!!!!

But can any other synths out there on the same level as DIVA? Or Repro 5? I want to hear them!!

how much are uhe paying you? :lol:

the answer is, every synth ever made, depending on your subjective opinion....

There are synths that blow away DIVA if you expand your limited definition of synthesis beyond a Saw, Square, or Sine wave.

Dune 3's VA sounds so good to me it allowed me to trade my DIVA license for a Zebra 2 license.

But if you're that much in love with DIVA and Repro 5 then buy them and enjoy them. Just don't close your mind to all the possibilities that synthesis offers. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I would question another thing: When will the next "supersynth" plugin be released? (And I don't mean version updates, like Synthmaster 3, I rather mean brand new synths)
Currently many high quality synths can be found with great sound and GUI
and I think there's no reason for a developer to develop another one...

Except to make a greater sounding one... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

poopinpants wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:41 amBut can any other synths out there on the same level as DIVA? Or Repro 5? I want to hear them!!
Well, first of all I think RePro 1 sounds better than RePro 5, so that's one. Then there is bx_oberhausen, which sounds better again and is a whole lot easier to work with. I think DUNE probably sounds better, too, and is capable of doing so much more than Diva or RePro 5, all while putting about one-quarter of the strain on your CPU. I'd also suggest that both The Legend and Obsession do at least as good a job for lower CPU, too.

I think a lot of it possibly comes down to presets - emulations are going to put a lot more emphasis on the sounds that people interested in emulations are most likely to be impressed by, where a synth like DUNE concentrates on more modern sounds in its patch banks. But if you want to get that old-school sound, DUNE or Hive or Pigments are all going to be able to accommodate you. It's just that you'll have to do the work yourself.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:48 am
I think a lot of it possibly comes down to presets - emulations are going to put a lot more emphasis on the sounds that people interested in emulations are most likely to be impressed by, where a synth like DUNE concentrates on more modern sounds in its patch banks.
actually, some factory banks are the complete opposites

seems very strange to me that a dev would spend a long time making an accurate emulation and then fill the bank up with crappy edm sounds that can, and have already been, made on any synth... def gives a new user who doesn't make their own sounds a bad impression of a synth

poopinpants wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:41 am I have been trying DIVA and Repro 5 and they are both so good and I am like what out there can even compete and get that believable hardware sound, because I have tried a BUNCH of synths and they cannot compete

I have tried

Serum
Hive
Sylenth1
ANA 2
Spire
DUNE 3
Synthmaster
Massive 1
Pigmets 2

But can any other synths out there on the same level as DIVA? Or Repro 5? I want to hear them!!
Massive X can, Super 8 can, actually Hive can too, Voltage Modular, Ultra Analog VA 3, Kilohearts PhasePlant, KHS One. When i played with tried to program casual sounds i do on Moog One https://www.moogmusic.com/products/moog-one , first thought came to my mind "hey this sounds like The Legend by synapse". Then you Synthmaster, Dune 3, Serum, Sylenth1, Sytrus and many other synths (too much to mention) if you know what you are doing, just not out of the box.

Actually many synths can easely compete with Analog hardware, just there are psychological things people tend to hold on and placebo is playing a trick. I have IKM Uno and it doesnt sound any better then somthing like Repro 1 in terms of quality of sound.

There is no competition. It’s personal. To me Repro 5 it’s better than Diva and Repro 1 is a notch up. Dune is fantastic but I use it more for soundscapes, but it’s not written in stone.
But they may compete in your mind, why not.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

What matters most is if you can write good music. If you cant write good music, then it doesnt matter what you use. Let me tell you, if you are creative, write a bangin song, you can literally use one synth, even a free one. Collecting vst's just to collect, or going back and forth about which one sounds best wont help you write good music. Best to get to know one synth inside and out, and write a great song that you are proud of.

Have you tried Reaper?

You yourself make the Rules of your Competition and set the Measure, so please don't ask us about Competitors.

Have lately listened some 90s Trance once again, demoed Repro afterwards and ended up ROFL.

But that is a Matter of Taste as it has always been. Just like Backstreet Boys vs Strictly Rhythm. Both had their Audience and some People even listen the BSB today 😂😂😂

poopinpants wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:41 am I have been trying DIVA and Repro 5 and they are both so good and I am like what out there can even compete and get that believable hardware sound, because I have tried a BUNCH of synths and they cannot compete

I have tried

Serum
Hive
Sylenth1
ANA 2
Spire
DUNE 3
Synthmaster
Massive 1
Pigmets 2

I had Zebra and some FX plugins and also tested Diva and its stuff is programmed very good and he has a good support, but meanwhile I don't use u-he plugins anymore, because I have better alternatives for sound and workflow. And some of the synths in your list I'm using almost daily are Dune 3, Sylenth and Serum and I'll buy Spire, too

Subtractor

seriously, if you are any good at all at producing music,
lots of synths compete, even some free ones. :roll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”