Acousticsamples B-5 vs Arturia B-3 V2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I cannot find any direct comparisson, and cannot demo AS :(

Anyone here with direct experience with both?

tnx,
Danijel

Here is youtube video:

https://youtu.be/rWymVu9ZEhc

tnx... I know about that one, but it's for the 1st Arturia v, and as I could understand, there are a lot of improvements in v2?

And, there's more to share from the view of regular player then from the seasonal youtuber ;-)

Have you considered the Hammond approved emulation by IK Multimedia? I have all three and use that one the most.

Well, I have both, but only kinda because B-3 V is included on V-Collection ...

A long time ago, I got orphaned of 64-bit VB3 on mac. Got B5 still on V1, moved to V2 and it's my default Hammond VST from a long time. I play live with it in a Pink Floyd cover band.

In the latest V-Collection Upgrade I got B-3 V2 and tested it a bit... In general, it doesn't sounds still as good as Acousticsamples B-5 V2. There's some fun factor in Arturia: It has some nice presets and I quite like the distorted organs presets (I love the 'Yes is No Disgrace'). The Leslie on B-5 V2 is better than Arturia (but a lot of people think that IK Multimedia Leslie is the best Leslie emulation right now, so, maybe the B-5 Leslie is not that good, but it's good enough to me).

So, I tend to prefer the B-5. But if you can get te B-3 V2 for cheap, or you like distorted organ presets, B-3 ia a good option.

But, if I was in search of a definitive Hammond plugin by now, I would go for IK Multimedia - I know that it's expensive, but I remember that it was $129 or something like that 1 or 2 months ago, even less if you have jam points.

BTW, Acosticsamples is working on a V3 of B-5.

waltercruz wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:52 pm Well, I have both, but only kinda because B-3 V is included on V-Collection ...

A long time ago, I got orphaned of 64-bit VB3 on mac. Got B5 still on V1, moved to V2 and it's my default Hammond VST from a long time. I play live with it in a Pink Floyd cover band.

In the latest V-Collection Upgrade I got B-3 V2 and tested it a bit... In general, it doesn't sounds still as good as Acousticsamples B-5 V2. There's some fun factor in Arturia: It has some nice presets and I quite like the distorted organs presets (I love the 'Yes is No Disgrace'). The Leslie on B-5 V2 is better than Arturia (but a lot of people think that IK Multimedia Leslie is the best Leslie emulation right now, so, maybe the B-5 Leslie is not that good, but it's good enough to me).

So, I tend to prefer the B-5. But if you can get te B-3 V2 for cheap, or you like distorted organ presets, B-3 ia a good option.

But, if I was in search of a definitive Hammond plugin by now, I would go for IK Multimedia - I know that it's expensive, but I remember that it was $129 or something like that 1 or 2 months ago, even less if you have jam points.

BTW, Acosticsamples is working on a V3 of B-5.
tnx Walter,

that's sth I was hoping for to read :)

IK sounds great, but it is CPU beast...

On the other hand, I more than like UVI engine "spice" in sound while keeping the resources low. But had never get to AS B-5 to try live.

B3-V2 sounds fine, and it is my most useful part of V Collection, but really doesn't neet the whole collection for that reason only :(

tnx,
Danijel

You should definitely check out Blue3. https://gg-audio.com

I like IK multinedia for organ sound the most. It’s clear and punchy.

I also have Arturia V Collection so I directly compared them. Arturia has soft pillowey sound with no punch

waltercruz wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:52 pm In the latest V-Collection Upgrade I got B-3 V2 and tested it a bit... In general, it doesn't sounds still as good as Acousticsamples B-5 V2. There's some fun factor in Arturia: It has some nice presets and I quite like the distorted organs presets (I love the 'Yes is No Disgrace'). The Leslie on B-5 V2 is better than Arturia (but a lot of people think that IK Multimedia Leslie is the best Leslie emulation right now, so, maybe the B-5 Leslie is not that good, but it's good enough to me).
Run the Arturia B3 V2 through the T-Racks Leslie. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”